Home
News Post

EA Sports have uploaded a video comparison of NCAA Football 08 and 09.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 countryboy @ 05/20/08 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
All that needs to be said here:

If the improvements were so great, why isn't there any actual footage from live plays?

Answer:

Because EA's doing the same thing they do every year--trying to hide a moldy piece of bread by spraying it with a fresh layer of whipped cream.

Live plays??

If you are referring to gameplay videos where people are actually playing the game, that has been done already and is posted in this thread.

If thats not what you mean then I am

# 62 countryboy @ 05/20/08 10:00 PM
Someone posted that EA is adding worthless features and people are "eating it up". I don't know that people are eating it up so much as some of us like the series, know what to expect (the good, the bad, and the ugly) and we welcome anything thats different, new, and may advance the game in the slightest.

Speaking for myself, I already know going in that there are going to be the same aggrevations that have been in the series for sometime now. But even though these shortcomings are in the game, I still enjoy it.

So I don't know that we are eating up, but rather welcoming new additions to a game that we already enjoyed, dispite its faults.

# 63 ODogg @ 05/20/08 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
No I guess I should have clarified, the aspects in 2ks game that are better, tackling, line interaction etc... Some things like I said no matter which game play you prefer 2k game did better and still does better and its been 4-5 years. Take the best of both games and combine them. And there are alot of things in EA's game that are better. Just combine the two they have a better system and the resources to do it.
Ok, well I don't think you will find any disagreement at all from anyone on this forum, and most certainly not from me. I've said before I wish EA would get the 2K games and just see what it is they do right and steal those ideas. One thing that's promising, they do seem to be stealing some of those ideas already, unfortunately it's the smaller things, such as camera flashes in the crowd for Madden (a feature I loved from APF2K8). They need to try to copy some of the larger, more difficult game features too.

# 64 Ram209 @ 05/20/08 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Ok, well I don't think you will find any disagreement at all from anyone on this forum, and most certainly not from me. I've said before I wish EA would get the 2K games and just see what it is they do right and steal those ideas. One thing that's promising, they do seem to be stealing some of those ideas already, unfortunately it's the smaller things, such as camera flashes in the crowd for Madden (a feature I loved from APF2K8). They need to try to copy some of the larger, more difficult game features too.
Exactly, thats why in a way I kind of hope EA does purchase Take 2 then they can have access to the "files" and take and implement what ever they wantl. Again thats ASSUMING that is what they would do and not just bury the company. But you know what happens when we assume

# 65 jyoung @ 05/20/08 10:11 PM
Why settle for mediocrity?

Especially when people's contentedness with said mediocre product is the very reason why it remains mediocre.

Expect great; demand great; do not settle for anything but great. Then, and only then, will the developers be forced to raise their game to a level of quality that consumers can be proud of funding.

# 66 ODogg @ 05/20/08 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Exactly, thats why in a way I kind of hope EA does purchase Take 2 then they can have access to the "files" and take and implement what ever they wantl. Again thats ASSUMING that is what they would do and not just bury the company. But you know what happens when we assume
Unfortunately I get the feeling if EA bought Taketwo they'd simply bury the sports game division ala Jimmy Hoffa.

# 67 countryboy @ 05/20/08 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Why settle for mediocrity?

Especially when people's contentedness with said mediocre product is the very reason why it remains mediocre.

Expect great; demand great; do not settle for anything but great. Then, and only then, will the developers be forced to raise their game to a level of quality that consumers can be proud of funding.

but some don't view the game as mediocre, especially casual gamers. I understand what you are saying, but there are far more casual gamers than there are hardcore sim heads such as those of us on OS.

# 68 whosgotcha @ 05/20/08 10:22 PM
yeah it has me getting hyped!

# 69 jdrhammer @ 05/20/08 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
All that really needs to be said here: if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Doesn't change the fact that he's telling the truth, does it?

# 70 coogrfan @ 05/20/08 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Unless he got it firsthand from a burning bush I'd say it's an opinion, not "the truth".

# 71 countryboy @ 05/20/08 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I'm still trying to figure out what he means by live plays?

# 72 Scott @ 05/20/08 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm still trying to figure out what he means by live plays?

Im stumped as well...

# 73 stunna23 @ 05/20/08 10:47 PM
I really think that the grass this year just makes such a huge difference. It's as if it brings the game more to life. I agree that the new animations and the fleet are cool but the grass if something that you are looking at all game.

# 74 BSherrod @ 05/20/08 10:48 PM
I just got way excited for this game again. Nice little additions that will result in a better overall experience. I think we still have a ways to go, but I think this will make the online dynasty games against the CPU more interesting hopefully.

# 75 seanmac @ 05/21/08 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Unless he got it firsthand from a burning bush I'd say it's an opinion, not "the truth".
"The truth" comes from burning bushes? Did I just stumble back into the 12th century or something?

# 76 RogueHominid @ 05/21/08 12:30 AM
Man, just like the Madden tackling video, this looked pretty enticing. Coming from a 2k fanboy, that's saying a lot. I hope extended game play bears out the promise of the video. I really liked the pre-snap defensive movement. The one thing I hope they tone down is the rapidity of player movement. The analog control is good stuff, but it doesn't always look like the players have sufficient "weight." All in all, though, I really liked that.

# 77 av7 @ 05/21/08 01:03 AM
This season I've tried talking myself out of getting either NCAA or Madden but NCAA...wow they put alot of work into upgrading the game. I'm really looking forward to 09; cant wait for the stadium atmoshpere

# 78 Behindshadows @ 05/21/08 01:09 AM
This just turned into a must buy! Absolutely!

# 79 Rivals @ 05/21/08 01:31 AM
Those camera flashes in Madden look fake and overdone. It's like the camera flashes are in slow motion or something. Madden seems to be trying to make a game through the eyes of NFL Films, and not the NFL players. That, I add, is my opinion.

# 80 Altimus @ 05/21/08 01:37 AM
Wow, that video blew me away. The players celebrating when running along the runner was neat. A lot of really small details added.

Can't wait till July!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.