Home
Madden 09 News Post

IGN has posted new videos of Madden NFL 09.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 thmst30 @ 05/30/08 06:50 PM
OK I have some problems with these videos. Some that probably has nothing to do with it being Pre-beta. First off they are all "Madden Moments", meaning they are chances to replay parts of games from last year, BUT they are using the current rosters. That takes away so much authenticity from these "Moments." It should be Favre leading the Packers not Aaron Rodgers, and Ronnie Brown shouldn't even be on the field for Miami, for the Panthers the screen shows a big picture of David Carr because he actually led the winning drive in that game, but you play with Delhomme. Thats BS, very poorly done if it isn't changed by release. Also there is NO excitement whatsoever by the announcers or players after the game winning TD's/FG. Its so sad, I know its never been in these games but there really isn't any reason to not include some damn emotion and excitement when a team wins on a TD/FG. Again takes away from the authenticity of the moment. Both need to be fixed, but I believe neither will.

# 22 bigmoe @ 05/30/08 06:51 PM
Are there any vids of gameplay with the new action camera?

# 23 BrianFifaFan @ 05/30/08 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks
If I know a developer or even Ian himself will read it, of course I'd write up a list of things that should be fixed from the 08 version of the game.
But with so many threads addressed to Ian, I can't be certain it'll be read and might just end up becoming a huge waste of time.
Remember, the only dumb question is one not asked.......

Edit: you can contribute to the existing threads. It's not like Madden has been dissected a ton in these various threads, and the newest post is probably the one he's gonna see first. :

# 24 BigD @ 05/30/08 07:19 PM
I love the game winning TD at the end of the Dolphins vid and yet one friggen guy celebrates. In the end, the reciever who scores is all alone like nothing ever happened. This is what drives me crazy. The crowd should go nuts and at least half the O should be shown celebrating. *sigh* Or give us a friggen little sidline cut scene....

# 25 blackngoldfan @ 05/30/08 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
I love the game winning TD at the end of the Dolphins vid and yet one friggen guy celebrates. In the end, the reciever who scores is all alone like nothing ever happened. This is what drives me crazy. The crowd should go nuts and at least half the O should be shown celebrating. *sigh* Or give us a friggen little sidline cut scene....
I think the crowd noise was pretty good. Check out the changes in crowd noise at these parts of the video:
:25 1st down reception
:57 gradual noise increase for 4 yard gain
1:19 1st down reception
1:38 TD reception

To be honest, there shouldn't have been that many fans in the stadium to begin with being that the dolphins had no wins.

# 26 spankdatazz22 @ 05/30/08 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I'm not gonna disagree. But I guess I'm wondering where everyone's been for all of the info being shared. Ian broke down a whole ago what's in, what's out and is getting info together about ideas for the future. Why now are guys coming on here saying "man, theres no pocket.""Dang, it's the same line play as 02.." We all know this and have accepted it. Now stuff is getting tweaked. Also convered in great length for those of us that have been invoved in the whole Ian interaction. But there's a few things not fixed this year. And it'll turn people off. Can't be helped. But we have a dog in the fight now and some input that'll hopefully get this game moving towards where it needs to be. But that really doesn't help this year. How about coming up with some doable ideas to contribute? It'll help....
So Madden '09 is above criticism because Ian admitted to what was wrong w/the game already...? Doesn't that sound weird? I was wondering what the mentality towards Madden would be this year since people now feel they have a say in the game's development. And I thought Ian's stepping up to LBz's gang tackling challenge is pretty much unprecendented from EA. But... isn't it bad that the game doesn't stomp 2K5 in most aspects? Not NFL2K8, 2K5. I've been reading the "Hey Ian" threads like everyone else, I just didn't think his involvement the past week means Madden '09 is not to be criticized

# 27 SteelerSpartan @ 05/30/08 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
So Madden '09 is above criticism because Ian admitted to what was wrong w/the game already...? Doesn't that sound weird? I was wondering what the mentality towards Madden would be this year since people now feel they have a say in the game's development. And I thought Ian's stepping up to LBz's gang tackling challenge is pretty much unprecendented from EA. But... isn't it bad that the game doesn't stomp 2K5 in most aspects? Not NFL2K8, 2K5. I've been reading the "Hey Ian" threads like everyone else, I just didn't think his involvement the past week means Madden '09 is not to be criticized
, I agree as long as it isn't baseless and you clearly state your point

# 28 blackngoldfan @ 05/30/08 09:42 PM
Quote:
Ian is involved because he got tired of the criticism of Madden 09. He got tired of hearing 2k5 this, 2k5 that. I'm holding back judgment on these recent videos because I don't think these are the latest build.

# 29 spankdatazz22 @ 05/30/08 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
I dont think he thinks its above criticism, its just when people continuously complain about lack of new ol/dl, he wonders what these people expected b/c we knew about this for about a week and now its an issue. No use continuosly complaining about something that isnt there, instead like him I tend to move on and see what else the game does and doesn't offer. I get a little annoyed to when there are enarly 3 pages of the same thing and epople complaining about something we knew was not there
The game doesn't release for three months and it's sounding like certain things aren't to be debated primarily because Ian's said they can't change it. I understand the frustration of having the read multiple pages of complaints, but wouldn't it make sense to assume people can be just as frustrated for having waited x-number of years for Madden to step up? Personally I thought it was remarkable when Ian said Madden couldn't touch the WR/DB interaction of 2K5 - it takes balls to make a statement like that. But you have to look at the reason it takes balls to make the statement - he's comparing a next gen title to a 4yrs old last gen NFL title. Same with the tackling. As much as I appreciate Ian's presence, that's not a good thing, whether Madden's under new management or not. Wasn't Ian on board last year when Madden made the biggest gameplay leap it's made? I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying if people have legitimate complaints/concerns I think they should be able to voice them. Especially given the circumstances

# 30 DaveDQ @ 05/30/08 10:06 PM
It's still Madden. For me, that's not a terrible thing, it's just not much different. I do like how the game appears to have a little better momentum with player movement, but ti's still too twitchy. Blockers still have that robotic shift where they just don't look human. It's the sliding issue that has plagued this engine for way too long.

I appreciate what EA is doing with coming on the boards and giving information, but let's be honest, remember when we were told for next-gen the game was built from the ground up? Isn't it interesting that they are now talking about replacing an animation engine that the game has been using for a very long period of time?

# 31 K_GUN @ 05/30/08 10:24 PM
Quote:
no but stating the obvious flaws gets old...old....old....old....old....old....old...old

2k5 gets the credit it deserves....but what would 2k8 look like?.....just look at LBz posts about how VC F'd up that game from 2k3 to 2k8

hell they F'd up my bills 'field turf' texture form 2k4 to 2k5...how they HELL does that happen

EA knows their flaws. you'd have to be an absolute moron after visiting this site for 10 minutes not to get the gist of the flaws yet people keep 'enlightening' us with their knowledge of poor OL/DL play...no DB/WR interactions....chain gangs....ref's..

crticize?...absolutely but damn...anything new?!

# 32 roadman @ 05/30/08 10:33 PM
Quote:
The game doesn't release for three months and it's sounding like certain things aren't to be debated primarily because Ian's said they can't change it. I understand the frustration of having the read multiple pages of complaints, but wouldn't it make sense to assume people can be just as frustrated for having waited x-number of years for Madden to step up? Personally I thought it was remarkable when Ian said Madden couldn't touch the WR/DB interaction of 2K5 - it takes balls to make a statement like that. But you have to look at the reason it takes balls to make the statement - he's comparing a next gen title to a 4yrs old last gen NFL title. Same with the tackling. As much as I appreciate Ian's presence, that's not a good thing, whether Madden's under new management or not. Wasn't Ian on board last year when Madden made the biggest gameplay leap it's made? I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying if people have legitimate complaints/concerns I think they should be able to voice them. Especially given the circumstances
There's not much I don't disagree with here.

I would hope to think some people can feel that Ian's presence here is a step in the right direction. As he stated before, he knew he was stepping into the Lions Den.

There isn't much we can change with the past, but as Brian said, we can become part of the future and start to solve some of the solutions that has plagued this series.

That doesn't mean EA/Ian and the team don't have much to prove. I'll be the first one screaming if there are bugs found that interfere with gameplay.

I feel everyone wants the best football game as possible. The game probably goes gold within the next 6-8 weeks.

People have a right to say prove it, etcc.. based on Madden's past, I guess the proof will be in the pudding this August and each August after that.

# 33 countryboy @ 05/30/08 10:49 PM
Quote:
I don't think that is what Brian is getting at, nor anyone else for that matter. All this talk about Madden isn't stomping/beating/or better than 2k5 is getting us nowhere. Ian has admitted that they are behind 2k is certain aspects. He also mentioned that he would like the, and I am paraphrasing here, the 2k diehards to tell him what made 2k so special to them so that they can try and incorporate those features/things into Madden.

I think the best thing that I heard Ian say is that he's "not here to sell the version of Madden he is building, but rather have us help him build the Madden that we want."

Again, I don't think that anyone is saying that Madden shouldn't be criticized. But I think that constructive criticism would go further than the "2K is better/superior than Madden, then end" types of posts.

# 34 BrianFifaFan @ 05/30/08 11:01 PM
Quote:
Had to run to the store for some milk. Now here we go: I wasn't trying to infer anything of the sort. Actually what I tried to explain as adroitly as possible is that there are answers to the statements/accusations being made. If a person where to take the time to become fully informed on all the goingson around here lately. A lot of these 2k is better statements have already been made, acknowledged and dealt with. All the newest statements are glorified +1 posts. And made to get a perceived beef off of that persons chest. They don't deal with the realities stated, or acknowledge the changes that are being made in semi real-time at our behest. So it really becomes wordy, but possibly well-meant,ranting/trolling. There's still not a lot of constructiveness in said posts. There's a saying that says "if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Now I want it to be known that I might just be a tad defensive of some of the direct criticism of Ian, But I'm one of the guys who invited him over here to see how knowledgable the guys are over here. And how this is a goldmine of info, which it has been. So yeah, I guess some of these posts that are just gripes and complaints with nothing to add except divisiveness do make me compelled to type a . And I'll grant the validity of said gripes, especially because of the fact that I've brought a lot of them up myself. But here we sit with a real-live developer who seems to actually want to engage us in dialog and guys can't even give him his due respect. They use him as a sounding board to vent. Or ask him multiple inane questions that are totally out of the realm of what he said he is responsible for and wanting to deal with. (gameplay)

All I know is that 2 weeks ago I was getting told to "shut up" about Madden, that is was never gonna change, EA doesn't care about us as much as the casual audience, it's all money and like it or lump it. Boy were the critics wrong. And as much as I would like to go into "I told you so" mode, instead I'm trying to be a part of this golden opportunity. It's not about me and feeling special or wanting to try to boss folk around, playing internet "tough." I'm just saying that guys "it is what it is." We can't make the game something it ain't. Not this year, at least. But damn, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Ian isn't anyone but Ian. He isn't David Ortiz or a suit from EA. Or the guy who won't put in a halftime show. He's someone like us, who's trying to help. And if people took the time to inform/educate themselves before shooting from the hip and lip, maybe he'll want to stay around for a while.....

But I'm sure someone will take umbrage at my playing "forum police." And being preachy. When and if he gets tired of the critics to the point of leaving and feels this place has nothing to offer, then I'll say "I told you so......"

# 35 TeeDogg @ 05/30/08 11:01 PM
Quote:
to piggy back on CB's post above, Spank i dont know if you remember but ive had your back in numerous threads where we have been confronted by EA defenders. you have always been one of the more articulate posters when explaining the hardcore sportsgamers frustration with EA sports. with that said, you can now be instimental in turning Madden around, no one is saying " kiss any butt " but it seems that the time is now for your well articulated wants for Madden to be more valuable than ever. things from the past cant be changed, Madden is what it is today. but Madden 2010 and beyond seems to be in our hands (so to speak). and i for one would love to see you, Sroz39, tombsong,LbZ, and countless others lighting these boards up with your usualy well thought out recomendations.

we could continue to critisize them, but now that they seemingly are listening , suggestions would go alot further

# 36 countryboy @ 05/30/08 11:06 PM
Quote:
Had to run to the store for some milk. Now here we go: I wasn't trying to infer anything of the sort. Actually what I tried to explain as adroitly as possible is that there are answers to the statements/accusations being made. If a person where to take the time to become fully informed on all the goingson around here lately. A lot of these 2k is better statements have already been made, acknowledged and dealt with. All the newest statements are glorified +1 posts. And made to get a perceived beef off of that persons chest. They don't deal with the realities stated, or acknowledge the changes that are being made in semi real-time at our behest. So it really becomes wordy, but possibly well-meant,ranting/trolling. There's still not a lot of constructiveness in said posts. There's a saying that says "if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Now I want it to be known that I might just be a tad defensive of some of the direct criticism of Ian, But I'm one of the guys who invited him over here to see how knowledgable the guys are over here. And how this is a goldmine of info, which it has been. So yeah, I guess some of these posts that are just gripes and complaints with nothing to add except divisiveness do make me compelled to type a . And I'll grant the validity of said gripes, especially because of the fact that I've brought a lot of them up myself. But here we sit with a real-live developer who seems to actually want to engage us in dialog and guys can't even give him his due respect. They use him as a sounding board to vent. Or ask him multiple inane questions that are totally out of the realm of what he said he is responsible for and wanting to deal with. (gameplay)

All I know is that 2 weeks ago I was getting told to "shut up" about Madden, that is was never gonna change, EA doesn't care about us as much as the casual audience, it's all money and like it or lump it. Boy were the critics wrong. And as much as I would like to go into "I told you so" mode, instead I'm trying to be a part of this golden opportunity. It's not about me and feeling special or wanting to try to boss folk around, playing internet "tough." I'm just saying that guys "it is what it is." We can't make the game something it ain't. Not this year, at least. But damn, don't bite the hand that feeds you. Ian isn't anyone but Ian. He isn't David Ortiz or a suit from EA. Or the guy who won't put in a halftime show. He's someone like us, who's trying to help. And if people took the time to inform/educate themselves before shooting from the hip and lip, maybe he'll want to stay around for a while.....

But I'm sure someone will take umbrage at my playing "forum police." And being preachy. When and if he gets tired of the critics to the point of leaving and feels this place has nothing to offer, then I'll say "I told you so......"

You get 4 because there isn't one for a standing ovation. Terrific post.

# 37 Rawdeal28 @ 05/31/08 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan

Almost forgot. For those worried about the D lineman physiques, the Raiders have some hippos on the d line.
<<<< raider fan

U WATCH YOUR MOUTH MISTER!!

# 38 Rawdeal28 @ 05/31/08 07:43 AM
first of all, great posts brian and teedog

we must realize what is going on right now. our voices can be heard. we have people from EA here listening to us. telling Ian that "2k5 is better than madden" is not going to make madden a better game. threads like the WR/DB and oline/d-line discussions is what will get us what we want which is "for madden to be better than 2k5".

what incentive does Ian have for bringing his other co-workers who work on the other parts of the game here to talk with us if its just going to be telling them they suck and should be fired?? or that u like a four year old game bettter than any next gen madden?? thats not helping anything or anyone.

telling an overweight person that thier fat and look like a hippo is not going to make them want to lose weight, but showing them the right way to eat and working with them just might change thier ways.

# 39 spankdatazz22 @ 05/31/08 10:29 AM
Quote:
It's not about me and feeling special or wanting to try to boss folk around, playing internet "tough." I'm just saying that guys "it is what it is." We can't make the game something it ain't. Not this year, at least. But damn, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Quote:
When and if he gets tired of the critics to the point of leaving and feels this place has nothing to offer, then I'll say "I told you so......"
First of all good post. Second, I'd ask - what's going to be considered overbearing? In other words, what can/can't be talked about so Ian isn't scared away or offended... I say this half-jokingly because I do think it's about people wanting to feel special, and feel they're directly contributing to Madden's development. At least in part, and there's nothing wrong with that. I haven't read all of Ian's comments or every thread that's popped up the past few weeks, so I don't know the tone with which he's been addressed directly. While there may have been a few people being outright disrespectful, for the most part I think most people have easily been more than appreciative of his access and candor than they have of probably any other developer. So we may be talking from different perspectives.

What I'm seeing is "Now that Ian's here, we shouldn't complain like we used to and try to help him develop the game". Isn't that what many people have been doing without his presence? I thought that was the purpose of LBz's challenge, which brought this situation in the first place. It isn't about what 2K or Madden was, or what Madden will be - it's about what Madden is, right now. Personally I've never felt Madden "is what it is, nothing we can do about it". It is what we've allowed it to be. It's the only game I can think of where people allow themselves to have that "we can't do anything" attitude.

Sorry if I appear to be all over the place w/the discussion - it's just that I don't know what we're debating. I'm happy Ian's here and he's being receptive to comments and suggestions. But because of that, does that make Madden '09 a throwaway year? Or a jump off point, where Maddens '06-'08 - and now I guess '09 - are magically forgotten?

# 40 countryboy @ 05/31/08 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28

telling an overweight person that thier fat and look like a hippo is not going to make them want to lose weight, but showing them the right way to eat and working with them just might change thier ways.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.