Home
Madden 09 News Post

EA Sports have updated their Madden NFL 09 blog with updated uniform details and screenshots.

Quote:
"I'm Matt Read, a designer on Madden, and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the quality feedback that I've been seeing in these forum posts. I first heard of these threads about a week ago and thought that maybe they'll find a couple uniform bugs but nothing major. I don't know why I doubted you guys. Post after post I was finding issues that we still needed to correct. Don't get me wrong, the art team has done an amazing job this year and uniform authenticity has jumped tenfold but stuff like, the Falcon's away socks, the Classic Niners on Gold, the Saints logo and Pants, and the Bears GSH would have shipped WITHOUT being fixed. (Thanks RaginCajun, Jistic, mastershake88, xxTruthxx, destroyer, sva91, just to name a few) We really appreciate everyone's input and thanks for posting with reference shots it helped us out tremendously."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Scott @ 06/02/08 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
good work pays off in the end my friends always... heres the link

http://www.easports.com/madden09/ful...D=uniform_blog

however, what needs to be fixed now is

sf=needs grey face mask change the gold on the helmet logo needs to be from the 80's.

Cle-needs stripe socks (thinner) added to that combo.

however he says there was not enough time which i suggest to ian and the rest fellas? kick out the patch later on or more unis downloads if ya need suggestions? im around and ill find em..thanks again and im out see ya!
Wow, thats fantastic

# 2 sva91 @ 06/02/08 05:42 PM
Awesome news. I think with EA finally reaching out to the web community, next year's unis should all be 100% accurate.

BTW, any word on alt unis at the community day? Im just really hoping teams like the Rams,Texans, Bengals, etc.. have all of their color combinations.

# 3 Kramer5150 @ 06/02/08 05:49 PM
I'm obviously missing something here......how can all those changes be made to the various teams uni's,but putting a single # on a helmet stripe could not?

# 4 Scott @ 06/02/08 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I'm obviously missing something here......how can all those changes be made to the various teams uni's,but putting a single # on a helmet stripe could not?
I believe its harder than it seems...

# 5 adembroski @ 06/02/08 05:51 PM
(also posted this on MM)

Hmm... very much improved, but...

Stripes on sock should be at the ankle, with everything above the 3 red stripes being red.

49ers wore white shoes when they wore this uniform.

Perhaps bad angle, but there should be numbers on the shoulders... once again, it looks like the angle of his arm might be covering them up.

Color looks great, and that was my main concern.

# 6 wildthing2022000 @ 06/02/08 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I believe its harder than it seems...
Yea I think it would require more coding to align single digits in the stripe and putting double digits on the outside.

Glad to know the Jets logo got fixed.

# 7 RaginCajun @ 06/02/08 05:54 PM

Wow, looks great. Thanks for listening to the community.

# 8 countryboy @ 06/02/08 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
the only thing that I can think of is this:

If the coding is set up so that a ten's digit is to the left of the stripe and the one's digit is to the right of the stripe, then trying to put single digit numbers on the stripe, causes the one's place on double digit numbers to also be on the stripe.

I hope that made sense.

Illustration: / = stripe

Double Digit numbers now:

1/5

Single digit numbers now:

/7

How single digit numbers should look

/7/

How double digit numbers would look if they put the single digits on the stripe:

1/5/

I really hope that made sense and I am just guessing here.

# 9 Vikes1 @ 06/02/08 06:37 PM
Just more proof that we're actually being listened to. This is almost one of those...don't wake me up kinda deals. Nope...we didn't get everything, but you gotta give EA/TIB credit. Listening to us is great...then acting upon the input the best they can is all you can expect. You've come quite aways EA, in a very short amount of time since your new additude towards the communities. Good job!

# 10 CM Hooe @ 06/02/08 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the only thing that I can think of is this:

If the coding is set up so that a ten's digit is to the left of the stripe and the one's digit is to the right of the stripe, then trying to put single digit numbers on the stripe, causes the one's place on double digit numbers to also be on the stripe.

I hope that made sense.

Illustration: / = stripe

Double Digit numbers now:

1/5

Single digit numbers now:

/7

How single digit numbers should look

/7/

How double digit numbers would look if they put the single digits on the stripe:

1/5/

I really hope that made sense and I am just guessing here.
Amateur over here, but I'd think one would really only need to make an exception in the code for drawing the helmet numbers when the number is less than 10; i.e. if helmetNumber < 10 { drawInCenter } else { drawNormal }. drawInCenter would change the location offsets for number drawing to the inside the left edge of the helmet stripe, and drawNormal would draw the numbers as they are being drawn now.

How much work that is to actually code in the Madden engine is anyone's guess, but from my perspective it's not a hard concept. The Giants' single-digit numbers need to be centered as well I believe.

All that said, it's nice to see EA directly responding to community feedback. I can actually enjoy playing as my Cowboys now. (I'm a details stickler about my team too, heh).

# 11 countryboy @ 06/02/08 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Amateur over here, but I'd think one would really only need to make an exception in the code for drawing the helmet numbers when the number is less than 10; i.e. if helmetNumber < 10 { drawInCenter } else { drawNormal }. drawInCenter would change the location offsets for number drawing to the inside the left edge of the helmet stripe, and drawInCenter would draw the numbers as they are being drawn now.

How much work that is to actually code in the Madden engine is anyone's guess, but from my perspective it's not a hard concept. The Giants' single-digit numbers need to be centered as well I believe.

All that said, it's nice to see EA directly responding to community feedback. I can actually enjoy playing as my Cowboys now. (I'm a details stickler about my team too, heh).
I can understand that. Trust me, I am an amateur as well. Just offering my .02 as to what may be the reason, but again, I am just guessing.

# 12 blklightning @ 06/02/08 06:47 PM
nice to see the 'boys uniforms up to par.

# 13 ODogg @ 06/02/08 08:08 PM
You know I never even realized it but the smaller logos for the JETs, Cowboys, etc really make the game look SO much more realistic IMO.

# 14 coogrfan @ 06/02/08 08:23 PM

# 15 blackngoldfan @ 06/02/08 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know I never even realized it but the smaller logos for the JETs, Cowboys, etc really make the game look SO much more realistic IMO.
Even though the helmet was the same size, the large logos gave the player models a "big head" effect.

# 16 PaperLantern @ 06/02/08 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun

Wow, looks great. Thanks for listening to the community.
Yeah, looks much better like that

Awesome!

# 17 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 06/02/08 08:56 PM
More great news. If only this relationship between the producers and the community had been going on for years. They are truly stepping up this year

# 18 Jistic @ 06/02/08 09:18 PM

Wow, never thought I'd get thanks on the EA website. Great job guys!

Looks like they also improved the size of the numbers on the shoulder. The logo on the helmet seems just a tiny big, but I'm not bitching. Kudos. EA's showing a game effort this year. What once was completely unplayable for me last year looks very promising this year.

# 19 ausar72 @ 06/02/08 10:24 PM
They FINALLY got my Skin's striped socks back in the game!

WooHoo!

# 20 ODogg @ 06/02/08 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
They FINALLY got my Skin's striped socks back in the game!

WooHoo!
Those will look good chasing T.O. all over the field this fall

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.