Home
Madden 09 News Post

EA Sports have updated their Madden NFL 09 blog with updated uniform details and screenshots.

Quote:
"I'm Matt Read, a designer on Madden, and I have to say, I'm really impressed with the quality feedback that I've been seeing in these forum posts. I first heard of these threads about a week ago and thought that maybe they'll find a couple uniform bugs but nothing major. I don't know why I doubted you guys. Post after post I was finding issues that we still needed to correct. Don't get me wrong, the art team has done an amazing job this year and uniform authenticity has jumped tenfold but stuff like, the Falcon's away socks, the Classic Niners on Gold, the Saints logo and Pants, and the Bears GSH would have shipped WITHOUT being fixed. (Thanks RaginCajun, Jistic, mastershake88, xxTruthxx, destroyer, sva91, just to name a few) We really appreciate everyone's input and thanks for posting with reference shots it helped us out tremendously."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mastershake88 @ 06/02/08 10:55 PM
see now was it that bad of a idea to make a UNIFORM ERRORS THREAD? lol

# 22 countryboy @ 06/02/08 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
see now was it that bad of a idea to make a UNIFORM ERRORS THREAD? lol

what people had issues with the creation of a uniform errors thread?

# 23 jewelz1132 @ 06/02/08 11:11 PM
everybody looks the same skin tone...

# 24 mastershake88 @ 06/02/08 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

what people had issues with the creation of a uniform errors thread?
haha the best part about the madden mania os merge was frankly the fact that people who made sense came over and saw the last half of that thread.

the bad part? you guys misse the first 12 pages before you guys came...lol

# 25 Crawi @ 06/02/08 11:20 PM
I am gonna be so let down if all these other uniforms get fixed, but Carolina's Blue Alternate still has the wrong color socks again like in 08. It seriously ruined it for me, I do not use them and they are sadly my favorite.

# 26 countryboy @ 06/02/08 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
haha the best part about the madden mania os merge was frankly the fact that people who made sense came over and saw the last half of that thread.

the bad part? you guys misse the first 12 pages before you guys came...lol
i can only imagine those first 12 pages.

# 27 PacMan3000 @ 06/02/08 11:27 PM
Hopefully the Browns now have grey facemasks.

# 28 ODogg @ 06/02/08 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Hopefully the Browns now have grey facemasks.

I don't think they were able to fix that but I"m hoping it's fixed. Even though i'm not a browns fan since i'm from ohio I always like playing against them.

# 29 PVarck31 @ 06/02/08 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't think they were able to fix that but I"m hoping it's fixed. Even though i'm not a browns fan since i'm from ohio I always like playing against them.
I thought the gray facemasks were in last year??? But as long as they don't have brown pants I will be happy.

# 30 jewelz1132 @ 06/02/08 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Are you color blind?
nope..i was going off the jets pick..excuse me

# 31 PacMan3000 @ 06/02/08 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I thought the gray facemasks were in last year??? But as long as they don't have brown pants I will be happy.
They did, but in video that's been shown, they have white facemasks.

# 32 baumy300 @ 06/03/08 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
(also posted this on MM)

That picture is so awesome. I love those old throwbacks.

# 33 RaychelSnr @ 06/03/08 11:52 AM
Uniforms do look rather nice, hopefully these little details translate through the game. I still don't want to buy into the EA hype machine but it looks like things might be on the up and up...hopefully we get some early copies to put that theory to the test

# 34 computerlover @ 06/03/08 12:28 PM
all the pics i have seen have all players wearing reebok shoes. I know reebok is the official uniform maker, but the shoes too?? I dont mean that ALL players have to be right, and IMO, i dont care bout any team but the ravens... but the option to change shoes, especially adding the under armor cleats (especially in NCAA 09) and gloves and other equipment, etc would be nice

# 35 countryboy @ 06/03/08 05:51 PM
for the guys asking about facemask colors:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt read (EA)
I just have a little bit of bad news. I read some posts about wrong facemask color, patches, and helmet numbers and while all those posts were 100% accurate, we just don't have time to fix them. We are quickly running out of time in our development cycle and although those requests sound easy to fix, unfortunately they're not. I did make a list of changes we couldn't get to and we'll get those issues addressed next year

# 36 Scott @ 06/03/08 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
for the guys asking about facemask colors:
Unfortunate, but they've made plenty of uniform changes

# 37 tl77 @ 06/03/08 06:08 PM
Are additional uniform changes that were left out due to time constraints something that can be put in a patch or not? I'm not to familiar with what all goes into that.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.