Home
News Post

We have just posted the first NBA Live 09 screenshots. More Live 09 news coming soon.

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DubTrey1 @ 06/05/08 03:42 AM
Well, I have to give it to EA for one thing - the stills look pretty nice and the player models look pretty good IMO. However, the look of the players even in the shots looks a bit off somehow - but I suppose these are early screens etc..so whatever - none the less, seeing the game in motion will be the tell. But it does seem funny how 2K, even in screenshots seemingly look the part most of the time. I have a strong feeling Live will again own the suck title this year. In a perfect world, EA's player models and grahpics + 2K's gameplay engine = greatness.

# 42 Behindshadows @ 06/05/08 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
Well, I have to give it to EA for one thing - the stills look pretty nice and the player models look pretty good IMO. However, the look of the players even in the shots looks a bit off somehow - but I suppose these are early screens etc..so whatever - none the less, seeing the game in motion will be the tell. But it does seem funny how 2K, even in screenshots seemingly look the part most of the time. I have a strong feeling Live will again own the suck title this year. In a perfect world, EA's player models and grahpics + 2K's gameplay engine = greatness.
Its always the nose! They are too pointed, they get the rest of the face right, but everyone has a generic pointed nose and thats just wrong, because majority of the players faces should have round tipped noses or other ways, but not so jagged and pointed! They'll get it right hopefully!

# 43 HoosierDaddy @ 06/05/08 08:14 AM
I'll have to say, I've been anticipating Live news since last years game was released. Judging by the screenshots the models looks better, but whether the case be movement/motion in the players or just an early build -- when there's some type of movement the jerseys look AWFUL. Hopefully that'll be fixed, but you'd think EA wouldn't release pictures that display weaknesses in the game, UNLESS it's something they've already addressed and just aren't showing us yet.

When can we expect a video?

# 44 stephensonmc @ 06/05/08 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizeezyc
Steph you best push them to come here, don't try to weasel all their free time on those EA blogs and the EA message boards, what would be the point of that?
Hey bro, I don't make the rules.

Anyway, it'll probably be exclusive to the NBA LIVE 09 forums.

# 45 LBzrule @ 06/05/08 12:24 PM
If they've done the animation work that other studios at EA have done and ironed out game play issues, it should be a solid game. What EA has done with Fifa and NHL over the last couple of years in terms of tech, has given me hope for their other games. We see that tech being heavily emphasized in Madden this year.

# 46 johnny33 @ 06/05/08 01:26 PM
The screens look good... I didn't get Live 08, just played the demo, but the graphics don't seem to be a huge improvement? They're still better than the player face models in 2K8 though. Live players still have stick legs, what's up with that? Oh well, gonna pick up 2K9 when it comes out and if reviews are good, I'll grab Live 09 too, otherwise I'm just going to assume it's another subpar Live effort.

# 47 Pared @ 06/05/08 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
To the peeps who said things look bad, well let me begin by telling you why they don't!
Can't agree with most of your assessments.

Even knowing the fact that you are a graphics whore, the images are very underwhelming. Many are saying they look just like '08 for a reason.

FWIW, I'm holding my breath on how the game plays and animates. That's the biggest beef most have with the game.

Gamers will overlook the graphics because they are "good enough" but the issues with the game lie in:

1) How it animates
2) How it plays
3) Physics engine

Many are judging the screenshots based upon their expectations on the progression of the 3 items I listed. You can't do that, IMO.

Those holding out for some videos of the game in motion are truly attempting to reserve judgment, IMO. That's the way it should be.

Aside from the lighting (and its effect on the crowd, players, etc.), not much can be taken from these screens. Anyone can provide similar shots using '08 and that's my problem with them: They don't reveal much.

# 48 Iadf @ 06/05/08 02:19 PM
LIVE sucks

# 49 Stumbleweed @ 06/05/08 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iadf
I LIKE HEARING MYSELF TALK AND I THINK THAT I CONTRIBUTE SO PRODUCTIVELY TO CONVERSATIONS!
Fixed.

# 50 23 @ 06/05/08 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iadf
LIVE sucks

Care to explain which Live you're talking about, and why you think it "sucks"?

It's much easier to create credibility of swiss cheese proportions with these kinds of posts than to give actual input.

Please elaborate for us... because im going to take any further comments as such as trolling if not.

# 51 Pared @ 06/05/08 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Care to explain which Live you're talking about, and why you think it "sucks"?

It's much easier to create credibility of swiss cheese proportions with these kinds of posts than to give actual input.

Please elaborate for us... because im going to take any further comments as such as trolling if not.
Comments like that should get an infraction for trolling, IMHO.

Does nothing to contribute to the discussion and is posting solely to get a reaction.

Most of us at OS are above that, and guys like this don't give any more reason for the devs to actually be visible on the boards.

# 52 23 @ 06/05/08 03:10 PM
Doesn't look like he'll be back in this thread anytime soon.

# 53 ChaseB @ 06/05/08 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Hey bro, I don't make the rules.

Anyway, it'll probably be exclusive to the NBA LIVE 09 forums.
Yea I figured as much, just giving you a hard time. Tell them not to be strangers here though -- cite the positive vibes from the Madden folk as well as previous 2K and Sony Sports folks interacting.

# 54 SageInfinite @ 06/05/08 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Can't agree with most of your assessments.

Even knowing the fact that you are a graphics whore, the images are very underwhelming. Many are saying they look just like '08 for a reason.

FWIW, I'm holding my breath on how the game plays and animates. That's the biggest beef most have with the game.

Gamers will overlook the graphics because they are "good enough" but the issues with the game lie in:

1) How it animates
2) How it plays
3) Physics engine

Many are judging the screenshots based upon their expectations on the progression of the 3 items I listed. You can't do that, IMO.

Those holding out for some videos of the game in motion are truly attempting to reserve judgment, IMO. That's the way it should be.

Aside from the lighting (and its effect on the crowd, players, etc.), not much can be taken from these screens. Anyone can provide similar shots using '08 and that's my problem with them: They don't reveal much.
Good post. I still don't see how 08 has great graphics. I'm just a Live ***** tho pardon me.

# 55 Behindshadows @ 06/06/08 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Good post. I still don't see how 08 has great graphics. I'm just a Live ***** tho pardon me.
Seriously these are Live 08 shots in low resolution and the player models have more detail than 2k. Even I'm willing to admit that, and I'm a 2kfan.

But you can't deny that Live 08 graphics are really good!

# 56 stizz @ 06/06/08 12:27 AM
Man, that's 08? That's impressive, they just need to get the animations right.

# 57 SageInfinite @ 06/06/08 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Seriously these are Live 08 shots in low resolution and the player models have more detail than 2k. Even I'm willing to admit that, and I'm a 2kfan.

But you can't deny that Live 08 graphics are really good!

Graphic quality is great, overall tho the graphics aren't impressive IMO. All the players have the same look and the arenas are dead. Either way Live is garbage.

# 58 Tomba @ 06/06/08 02:45 PM
screenshots are just that screenshots. hopefully it IS early captures just so that the media can start rolling in and probably see how the photos take on the internet thats all.

the areas where NBA Live need to improve is solely in it's animations and physics engines. they(EA) have amazing resources and that is evident in games like Fifa 08/Euro 2008. ball physics are almost EA's speciality now IF you take Fifa into account ONLY. I'm just hoping their OTHER sports titles follow the same evolution that fifa has. live owes a lot to the fifa franchise because basketball is seen more so from a side to side angle on tv and now in video games. Not only that,but you have the constant control with the ball with your hands and vice versa with your feet in fifa.

Seriously for NBA LIVE to progress it needs to have the same type of ball phsyics and reaction animations that Fifa has...........

# 59 RaychelSnr @ 06/07/08 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
screenshots are just that screenshots. hopefully it IS early captures just so that the media can start rolling in and probably see how the photos take on the internet thats all.

the areas where NBA Live need to improve is solely in it's animations and physics engines. they(EA) have amazing resources and that is evident in games like Fifa 08/Euro 2008. ball physics are almost EA's speciality now IF you take Fifa into account ONLY. I'm just hoping their OTHER sports titles follow the same evolution that fifa has. live owes a lot to the fifa franchise because basketball is seen more so from a side to side angle on tv and now in video games. Not only that,but you have the constant control with the ball with your hands and vice versa with your feet in fifa.

Seriously for NBA LIVE to progress it needs to have the same type of ball phsyics and reaction animations that Fifa has...........
Good point Tomba, I think improving the look to lives animations and also it's ball physics you'd instantly see a much better game. FIFA has some great ball physics and I sincerely hope that the folks in Vancouver can replicate that for NBA Live as well. What I find amazing with EA is how they don't seem to be able to share resources like this all that easy. If EA could start taking some of the best aspects of all of their games and putting them in across the board in some form or fashion (in terms of how to do commentary, graphical enhancements, etc.) you'd see their whole lineup's quality skyrocket.

# 60 chadskee @ 06/07/08 01:53 PM
You can almost tell that the player movement is awkward like it was last year just from the photos. The rest of the game didn't bother me, just the player movement.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.