Home
News Post

Wil McCombs is back this week with a look at why formation audibles are a significant addition to NCAA Football 09. Be sure to check out his article, A Godsend in NCAA Football 09: Formation Audibles!

Quote:
"After two weeks of articles oozing with negativity, I thought it my be therapeutic to relinquish my role as Operation Sports’ resident pessimist, (at least for one week) and talk about something I’m very, very excited about."

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Skyboxer @ 06/04/08 06:34 PM
Couldn't agree more. The more stuff added to the game that adds strategy the better. EA has done well this year in that regard.

# 2 jdrhammer @ 06/04/08 07:07 PM
So...we'll have several(6-8) audibles per each formation. Does that mean I'll have x-number for each Formation, like one set of aubibles for the I-Form, one for Ace, and one for shotgun giving me roughly 25 total audibles, or will it be for each individual set i.e. Ace Normal, Ace Twins, etc??? which would give me a whole helluva a lot of them?

# 3 jaydee6385 @ 06/04/08 07:22 PM
It's like 4 audibles without calling and audible into another set. Say your in Ace Normal. Pressing X then X will set you up in a, lets say I-Formation Run play. With formation audible all you have to do is hit X (or square for you PS3ers) then hit down (run), left (quick route), up (deep route), right (play action).

Note: I may have left, up, and down mixed up. It's been soo long PS2. lol.

# 4 jdrhammer @ 06/04/08 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee6385
It's like 4 audibles without calling and audible into another set. Say your in Ace Normal. Pressing X then X will set you up in a, lets say I-Formation Run play. With formation audible all you have to do is hit X (or square for you PS3ers) then hit down (run), left (quick route), up (deep route), right (play action).

Note: I may have left, up, and down mixed up. It's been soo long PS2. lol.
The reason I was saying six was using R1 and L1 on 08. Thanks.

# 5 jaydee6385 @ 06/04/08 07:37 PM
Well 6x8 = 24 not 48 lol

# 6 jdrhammer @ 06/04/08 07:42 PM
Quote:
Well 6x4=48. So 48 final answer.
Thanks, man. I've been wondering what this was gonna be like. It should be a big help with gameplay.

# 7 Kodii Rockets @ 06/04/08 07:47 PM
Quote:
Well 6x4=48. So 48 final answer.

LOL 6x4=48???? What school did you go to doggy? Where I'm from 6x4 is only 24, but i digress...

# 8 umd @ 06/04/08 07:49 PM
I'd prefer formation subs. Where'd that feature disappear to?

# 9 jaydee6385 @ 06/04/08 07:55 PM
Wow yeah. I'm retarted.

# 10 ODogg @ 06/04/08 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Maybe next year

# 11 jdrhammer @ 06/04/08 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I remember on 07, if you used a formation sub, I think it trumped all the package options you had. That meant you couldn't use your backup HB if you changed your receivers around by adding one in the formation sub. I guess that screwed everything up. The packages are cool, but I really want the formation subs back. I want to set up a headhunting kickoff team and get the young guys that are 3rd string on the field. I miss that.

# 12 coogrfan @ 06/04/08 08:47 PM
I love formation audibles. The joy one gets from burning a blitz by instantly changing to a quick pass when the other guy stacks the line is indescribable.

# 13 Solidice @ 06/04/08 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I love formation audibles. The joy one gets from burning a blitz by instantly changing to a quick pass when the other guy stacks the line is indescribable.
exactly the reason I'm going to like this feature.

# 14 Fu Man Ching @ 06/04/08 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I remember on 07, if you used a formation sub, I think it trumped all the package options you had. That meant you couldn't use your backup HB if you changed your receivers around by adding one in the formation sub. I guess that screwed everything up. The packages are cool, but I really want the formation subs back. I want to set up a headhunting kickoff team and get the young guys that are 3rd string on the field. I miss that.
This has been driving me crazy. The fact that I can't choose who I want to be on Special teams is ridiculous. Madden and NCAA need it back.

Bring it back.

I just don't understand why it is not in the game. Someone explain to me. I am getting tired of seeing teams Super Stars playing on kick off / punt team. This is where your role players step up and make the team, and develop.

# 15 jaydee6385 @ 06/04/08 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

Well line shifts are gonna help with that too right!

# 16 auburntigersfan @ 06/04/08 10:13 PM
awesome article, I actually have to use those audible things now.

# 17 DaHorra @ 06/04/08 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Maybe next year
isn't this in the game? i definitely remember seeing an ohio state vid where they sub in pryor without going to the pause screen. did they take it out?

# 18 Solidice @ 06/04/08 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHorra
isn't this in the game? i definitely remember seeing an ohio state vid where they sub in pryor without going to the pause screen. did they take it out?
that was using the quick sub feature, not formation subs. the quick sub helps a little, especially for '09 since they moved it to the right thumb stick on the play call screen, but it's no Substitute for formation subs.

# 19 ODogg @ 06/05/08 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
that was using the quick sub feature, not formation subs. the quick sub helps a little, especially for '09 since they moved it to the right thumb stick on the play call screen, but it's no Substitute for formation subs.
Yeah Pryor is the #2 QB on the NCAA roster for the Bucks (instead of Henton) so they just did the quick sub.

# 20 Chibi @ 06/05/08 12:19 AM
I cannot believe they still haven't put formation subs back in the game. Jesus.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.