Home
News Post

To start off today, Jess Stewart skips ahead to next-summer to give us a glimpse at what he hopes are the new features EA will be touting for NCAA Football 2010. Check out his article, A Look Ahead to NCAA Football 2010.
Quote:
"Now that we know what features are coming with NCAA Football 09, what should we start looking for in 2010?

The hype in the forums for NCAA Football 09 is building exponentially with the game still over a month away. With new features such as online dynasties, wide-open gameplay, and deeper playbooks, some folks are already planning vacations to meet the July 15th release date. A main contributor to the hype has been the presence of NCAA developers answering questions in the forums. This involvement by the developers has been a pleasant surprise and the response by community members has been amazing. Since development of NCAA Football 09 is nearly wrapped up, let's take a look at what we want to see in NCAA Football 2010."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 thmst30 @ 06/09/08 12:08 PM
Thanks for the recognition of App. St. and FCS teams. If that whole list was in NCAA 2010, then it would be the first must buy NCAA for me in the last 3-4 years. That would be INCREDIBLE. However, very very doubtful.

# 2 RAZRr1275 @ 06/09/08 12:10 PM
Nice list

# 3 SageInfinite @ 06/09/08 12:19 PM
Good article.

# 4 RaychelSnr @ 06/09/08 12:25 PM
Here's the thing on the FCS or Create-a-School. While how they were done in the old gen were fine, I'd really, really like it if EA Tiburon took both a step farther. I don't want the same create a school that was on the PS2 that didn't change since it's creation, I want something more in-depth and just flat out better overall. The same thing goes for the FCS teams, I'd love to see EA include these teams in dynasty so you can play for an FCS championship as well.

And maybe...just maybe...we could rearrange the conferences ourselves some day to live out some old school action

# 5 Scott @ 06/09/08 12:26 PM
Great article.

# 6 yanks26ngoin @ 06/09/08 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Thanks for the recognition of App. St. and FCS teams. If that whole list was in NCAA 2010, then it would be the first must buy NCAA for me in the last 3-4 years. That would be INCREDIBLE. However, very very doubtful.
App State wouldnt of had this problem, and neither would you for a long time now, if the NCAA would have came to their senses and moved them up to the FBS. I considered them a D-IA school before the beat my team, Michigan. I mean, how couldnt anyone? Theyve been dominating the FCS(D-IAA) for a long time now. And if Army is considered an FBS school, so should App State.

# 7 yanks26ngoin @ 06/09/08 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Here's the thing on the FCS or Create-a-School. While how they were done in the old gen were fine, I'd really, really like it if EA Tiburon took both a step farther. I don't want the same create a school that was on the PS2 that didn't change since it's creation, I want something more in-depth and just flat out better overall. The same thing goes for the FCS teams, I'd love to see EA include these teams in dynasty so you can play for an FCS championship as well.

And maybe...just maybe...we could rearrange the conferences ourselves some day to live out some old school action
It would be amazing if there was an FCS thing in Dynasty mode. I mean, MLB 2K8 has aton of aspects of the minors, including playoffs and what not. NCAA should have all aspects of the FCS, including teams getting offered by conferences to move into the FBS.

# 8 Bigfoot365 @ 06/09/08 12:32 PM
Don't forget QB Auto-throw or an actual coach mode.

# 9 bling1202 @ 06/09/08 01:19 PM
yeah, definitely all alternate jerseys

# 10 Solidice @ 06/09/08 01:23 PM
i would really like to see the rest of the real stadiums, including the real bowl game stadiums in 2010. only 17 or 18 left.

# 11 smithc6 @ 06/09/08 01:36 PM
I'd like to see the ability to hire and fire OCs and DCs, maybe even ST coaches...all who have their own stats to how well they coach at each individual position (i.e. LBs, CBs..one DC may be a better secondary coach the other a better LB coach) as well as how well they train players.

I'd also like to see a spring game, and spring drills with the option of improving up to 3 players in a player specific drill like in Madden.

Quote:
If college basketball games can include 300+ teams I see no reason EA can't add around 50 FCS teams at least.
The only problem I see with this is the fact that college BBall teams have around 12-14 players where in college football has a 100+. If EA were to get to the suggested roster limit of 85 (which is something else I'd like to see) then having 50 FCS teams would add a significant number of players into the game. With as much complaining about the current roster ratings as I hear from community members...I'd first like them to fix how these are compiled before more teams are added.

# 12 gptp20 @ 06/09/08 01:37 PM
To me
the line thing
and the wb/db interactions are the most important
if the game is no fun then what is the point
i would love it if they could create a mini game for each of these to replace the stupid mascot game
i feel that if they can create a fun mini game that realistically recreates what happens in the trenches and in the defensive backfield and can make it fun
the game will be really fun

# 13 Skyboxer @ 06/09/08 01:48 PM
I know we really need atmosphere, teams etc.. but I feel for 2010 we must have:
Better DL/OL interaction
Better WR/DB interactions.
Better ball physics
Weather affected gameplay (Players slipping, balls flying out of the QB's hand etc..)

Lets get the action on the field in check and then get to the other stuff.
That's my .02

# 14 mjussawalla @ 06/09/08 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i would really like to see the rest of the real stadiums, including the real bowl game stadiums in 2010. only 17 or 18 left.
I don't think Adam confirmed this for next year, but he has listed the stadiums to be a 'need to have'. Then I can live my dream of taking Eastern Michigan to the BCS National Championship game.

# 15 janglar @ 06/09/08 02:33 PM
NCAA 2010
1. Continual improvement of the gameplay, fluidity, transition, and realism of user controlled plays. This is by far to me the most important aspect of the game.
2. Post season All-Star games. If Playstation ONE could do it, current gen can.
3. All FCS teams.
4. All alternate uniforms with sliders for helmets, jerseys, pants, socks, and shoes to make any uniform combo available to all teams who have them.
5. All real life stadiums with upgrades. Google Earth and GPS are widely used and available to practically everybody these days.
6. Real life endzone artwork for bowl games. Playstation ONE!!!! had it!
7. Real life stadiums and uniform bowl patches for the bowl games. And for the first time, make the bowl game atmosphere in the stadium closely mimic that of a real life bowl game. Every year in the game the stadium only comes to life for whatever team is wearing the home jerseys, the other team is practically playing a road game with no love. Bowl games in real life have a better split (not always 50-50 with some teams close to home and others who travel well anywhere, but definitely not the home jersey wearing team getting all the crowd noise, pump up the crowd feature, band playing, team chants, and electricity with the road jersey wearing team having one little corner of fans with no band, no way to pump up their crowd, and crickets and golf clapping when the make a big play.
8. Ability to have multiple sets of duplicate numbers for every team, provided there is an automatic prompt on the substitution menu that disallows the same number twice on the field at the same time. Once in a blue moon EA will have one set of duplicates for some teams, but even then the number will be on the wrong player and some 4th string chump will get a ballas #.
9. Must have a dynamic, brand new, opening sequence to every game. New and dynamic pregame analysis by Corso & Herbstreit, realistic stadium pregame atmospheres (anyone who has ever been to a college football game knows how awesome this part is), realistic team entrances, players to watch with shots of them warming up with stats--last gen stuff.
10. New dynamic postgame presentation. Right now there isn't any at all. But in the future give us stuff like:
-home crowd rushing the field for a huge win or upset of high ranked team
-home team having big celebration on the field
-visiting team running over to the visiting section to celebrate with their fans (happens all the time)
-visitng team taunting the home crowd after a win and/or stomping on home teams midfield logo.
-The Gatorade bath (last gen stuff)
-(All NCAA football vets will agree in unison to this request) anything new other than the 5 year recycled last gen yippie-hooray jump to midfield fists go up in victory, captains of both teams "good game" congratulatory handshake, and the "Agony of Defeat" losing quarterback down on one knee head in his hand moment of futility.
11. Package player subs for each formation.
12. All real life bowl trophies and individual awards, if possible.
13. More variety to player customization. Dreads of different sizes, more sweatband combos, more shoe selection, ect.
I could go to 100 if I felt like it, but these are the one that stand out for 2010

# 16 janglar @ 06/09/08 02:40 PM
For the love of Christmas, how could I forget the most important post game feature: TEARING DOWN THE GOAL POSTS!!!!!!!! I now the NCAA and Myles "Party like it's 1859" Brand would frown on such a poor example of standards being allowed in a NCAA sanctioned game, but come on, we all want that feature (I know first hand what a lamerod Brand is, he was president of the University of Oregon in the late 80's and both my parents worked there). Every future post after this one show your support for tearing down the goal posts being added to NCAA 2010!

# 17 smithc6 @ 06/09/08 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
For the love of Christmas, how could I forget the most important post game feature: TEARING DOWN THE GOAL POSTS!!!!!!!! I now the NCAA and Myles "Party like it's 1859" Brand would frown on such a poor example of standards being allowed in a NCAA sanctioned game, but come on, we all want that feature (I know first hand what a lamerod Brand is, he was president of the University of Oregon in the late 80's and both my parents worked there). Every future post after this one show your support for tearing down the goal posts being added to NCAA 2010!
I think I read somewhere that it was supposed to be in NCAA 06, but the NCAA made EA take it out because they dont condone such behavior. It will never make it into the game, sorry man. Same reason Rivals stuff wasnt inserted into 07, some stuff the NCAA just wont let EA put in ever...

# 18 Dval7 @ 06/09/08 06:25 PM
i think you are right about the pre-game introductions as far as michigan running out and touchin the go blue banner and coaches talking before the game.....and another thing for pre-game is that they should show them warmin up like they did on the xbox and ps2.......and during the game when you substitute you should be able to see the player running out on the field........in the bowl games they need to bring back the names in the endzone with the colored background to......then when you are editing a player they should have team color visors because they have that in real life, then the flap-jacket should have a option of being able to see it hanging instead of in the jersey all the time.....then after the game is over the broadcasters should show highlights of the game...they should bring back the running style of the old madden because they still run funny.......and if possible they should have fanz storming the field like when ohio state beats michigan at the horse-shoe

# 19 cowboy_kmoney @ 06/09/08 06:55 PM
Me myself ,I would I love to see multi injuries happening in the game.Were one guy lays the hit stick down but hurts himself by trying put other player out the game.This could cause season ending as well as career ending seasons for both,Or for one and other is just out a few weeks from the injuries he my have suffer.I also would like to see this injuries keep in every players profiles letting us know when the injuries happen,And however long that player was out,And the team he was playing when the injury happen.These injury profiles should follow each player over to the madden2010 next years game.The reason for this is to be able to know if players are injury prone or not when you are on the clock at draft time.

# 20 OMT @ 06/09/08 06:58 PM
What, no mullets?!

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.