Home
News Post

IGN has posted the following NCAA Football 09 updates:
  • NCAA Football 09 Interview

Quote:
    IGN: "What were your main goals when stepping into this one? What modes did you focus on specifically?"

Eric Hine: "Well we really wanted to make sure that the whole game is approachable, so we really focused on this idea of "All Play" which bears a bit of explanation. First of all you've got the controls. Obviously we still have all the advanced controls available for hardcore players, but the All Play control is the default control scheme."
  • NCAA Football 09 Videos

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 frankplastictrees @ 06/10/08 12:46 AM
Dang, watching the play now video and the game looks like a PS1 game. Hell, the field even kind of looks like the field in College Football USA for the Genesis.

# 2 bling1202 @ 06/10/08 12:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

# 3 TheGamingChef @ 06/10/08 12:53 AM
Is this All Play feature Wii-only?

# 4 goheat @ 06/10/08 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Is this All Play feature Wii-only?
No, I believe the PS2 and PSP versions have it as well, or something like it, called Family Play...

# 5 mjussawalla @ 06/10/08 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
wow this looks bad and kiddy
Yet they still got the chain gang in there.

# 6 Scott @ 06/10/08 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
first
First of all, here at OS, we don't do the whole "first" thing...Don't make a comment unless its regarding the topic.

# 7 ODogg @ 06/10/08 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
First of all, here at OS, we don't do the whole "first" thing...Don't make a comment unless its regarding the topic.
Yeah no kidding, i mean go to aintitcoolnews.com to do that nonsense! LOL

# 8 RaychelSnr @ 06/10/08 01:15 PM
Interesting information, I can't wait to at least give it a try in about a month.

# 9 Pared @ 06/10/08 01:16 PM
What in the blue hell...

# 10 bgeno @ 06/10/08 01:30 PM
I can't wait until my 6-year-old nephew whoops my arse at this game.

It definitely looks like it was made for kids... but what do you expect? It's the Wii.

Everything seems simplified. Graphic overlays are cartoonish.

I'm not sure if it was a great move, though. I think most kids would rather play Madden based on its name. Plus, pro football is a little more popular among young kids than college football is.

# 11 jake44np @ 06/10/08 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
And yet your whole comment/post has nothing to do with the topic???
Very interesting!

Anyway this family play thing looks really childish which is exactly what EA wants.
I can see me playing my 11 year old in this mode every once in a while.

# 12 coogrfan @ 06/10/08 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Just my opinion, but I'd say the 360/PS3 folks are definitely getting the better of this particular trade off.

# 13 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 06/10/08 02:44 PM
I don't know guys......this looks like it brings the fun back into the game. I could do without the trail behind the running and passes, but honestly looks like it plays a fun, smooth game. Taking it back to the PS2 days....

# 14 Pared @ 06/10/08 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Just my opinion, but I'd say the 360/PS3 folks are definitely getting the better of this particular trade off.
Shouldn't be a trade off in Next-gen. Shouldn't even be something we have to discuss over and over. They should just be in there.

# 15 PaperLantern @ 06/10/08 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
LOL

# 16 goheat @ 06/12/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
I don't know guys......this looks like it brings the fun back into the game. I could do without the trail behind the running and passes, but honestly looks like it plays a fun, smooth game. Taking it back to the PS2 days....
I wonder if those 'trails' are an option that can be turned on/off (?) I know that the 'All Play' system that simplifies things is optional, and that more advanced control/playcalling is available.

# 17 greenegt @ 06/12/08 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
What in the blue hell...
Ha ha. Pretty much my reaction, as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.