Home
Madden 09 News Post

Rob Fetter has compiled a list of his top 10 new features in Madden NFL 09. Today, Fetter unviels #10-#6 on his list so be sure to check out what new features made the cut in his article, Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 - Part One.
Quote:
"This year EA has promised monumental changes to the game of Madden, boasting that there will be a total of 85 new features in Madden '09. While I’m not sure that anyone actually knows the list of the full 85 “new features” I do know the ones that will make the biggest impact and I’m going to count them down from 10 to one."

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Matt Diesel @ 06/13/08 03:40 PM
Gotta love all the work they put into this years title. Hopefully it comes to fruition when we play.

# 2 yamabushi @ 06/13/08 03:54 PM
Except for the 'rewind' and importing plays from HC, these are improvements or fixes, not 'new features' or even just 'features'.

and really, without owning HC importing plays doesnt exsist in Madden.
So, just rewind then....

# 3 Anticapation @ 06/13/08 04:19 PM
New features my ***.
10. Importing plays from HC is cheesy as it gets, greedy as it gets.
9. weather as new feature, whatever.
8. rewind, Beginner feature but it´s Still stupid.
7.hopefully stats are fix´t but it´s just 1 of 20 needed improvements for franchise.
6. i like new animation
I love EA games and haven´t try´d 2K games but Madden is getting worse every year, why the ****?

# 4 thudias @ 06/13/08 04:26 PM
Might be a little early for this article.

Once you read the franchise blog your gonna have to do a "new" top 10 features.

Unless you rename the article "Top Ten Feature we know right now two months before the game is actually released"

# 5 allBthere @ 06/13/08 05:05 PM
Here is the definition that we the gamming public assumes when we are presented the word 'feature' if I may be so bold;

"A prominent or distinctive aspect, quality, or characteristic: a feature of one's personality; a feature of the landscape."

EA knows this, but will use the feature as a tag, so that people will assume 'wow there is 85 total FEATURES or PROMINENT gameplay elements to the game, ...it must be competely mind blowing'.

Franchise mode, is a feature, Not the components that make it up. They should say, look at the new elements we've added to the franchise feature.

IMO the dialogue wheel in mass effect that they were pushing as a main feature was correct, and not missleading like madden's "85 features". give me a break.

# 6 Synkopated @ 06/13/08 05:55 PM
I don't like importing plays, that's bad news.

# 7 Skyboxer @ 06/13/08 06:00 PM
Why type fix't when it's no quicker than typing fixed?

Anyways I really don't like the whole rewind thing at all but will hold final judgement until I see it for myself.
I agree that weather really isn't a feature at all and it's a long overdue aspect of the game, if in fact it works.
Will WR's/RB's slip or is is purely a RB/ball handling thing?

New animations aren't features IMO either.
Anyways as long as the gameplay is great and not another "Stepping stone for next year" I'll be happy.

# 8 SeaNNyT @ 06/13/08 10:01 PM
lol "features"?

I counted the rewind as a "feature", and not much of a feature at that. The others are just improvements or fixes, and I doubt they are fixed to a degree which we hold most important.

# 9 texbuk84 @ 06/16/08 01:47 AM
thanks for the info. i want to know about franchise. i know we are in the generation of online gaming(which i enjoy alot) but what is going on with this area if you have any information

# 10 mwjr @ 06/16/08 10:20 AM
*sigh*

Weather affecting games. Broadcast-quailty commentary. 2k5 had these already. Only EA would tout features that they should've had 8 years ago as "features."

# 11 bgeno @ 06/16/08 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
*sigh*

Weather affecting games. Broadcast-quailty commentary. 2k5 had these already. Only EA would tout features that they should've had 8 years ago as "features."
What is this "2k5" you speak of?

On topic...

Really looking forward to some of the things EA appears to have done this year with the game.

# 12 Brandwin @ 06/16/08 10:47 AM
Rewind is a horrible idea no matter what.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.