Home
Madden 09 News Post

Rob Fetter checks in today with a look at #5-#1 new features in Madden NFL 09 this year. Check out his article, Top 10 New Features in Madden NFL 09 Part Two.
Quote:
"Formation specific audible will give you the opportunity to take audibles to the next level. Each play you get to confidently walk up to the line to get a look at the defense knowing that if you don’t like the play you’ve called you now have six plays to quickly and quietly adjust to, with your opponent being none the wiser."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bgeno @ 06/16/08 02:54 PM
Really? That's number one? Wow. I do not agree.

# 2 HealyMonster @ 06/16/08 02:54 PM
In my opinion, presentation should not be #1 on the list I mean they read this and I think the very thing we dont want is EA to be content with the presentation of their game. It is still well behind where it should be.

# 3 yamabushi @ 06/16/08 02:59 PM
So much for #1. Ians full game video showed presentation that can kindly be described as 'painfully dull'.

# 4 djordan @ 06/16/08 03:00 PM
LOL!...........

# 5 BlyGilmore @ 06/16/08 03:02 PM
I'd love to hear some constructive things about why or why not. Just saying "wrong!" isn't a very good comment.

And honestly I don't think this would in some way give EA a free pass. This list is based on what EA has told us, not a review of what they actually deliver.

# 6 t216 @ 06/16/08 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
In my opinion, presentation should not be #1 on the list I mean they read this and I think the very thing we dont want is EA to be content with the presentation of their game. It is still well behind where it should be.
I agree. For years, this has never been their strength. They've got everything, resources and exclusive deals. Now is the time to be utilizing them. I repeat, there shouldn't be any excuses. The least I want is a sub par game. I'm looking forward to this game.

# 7 capp34 @ 06/16/08 04:01 PM
To me as Long as its better than last year Im fine....I dont expect it to go from worst to first as long as they working on it thats fine with me.

# 8 texbuk84 @ 06/16/08 04:06 PM
thank you EA for the effort. keep up the good work

# 9 HealyMonster @ 06/16/08 04:32 PM
to be fair, there are things that deserved to be #1. I just didnt think Presentation was it. there will be alot of improvem,ents with this game that make it better than 08, presentation will be a very small part of it when all is said and done.

# 10 cowboy_kmoney @ 06/16/08 04:47 PM
We are all still here EA standing by your side,But we all have something to stand for or we'll fall for anything..

# 11 yamabushi @ 06/16/08 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
#4 Adaptive Difficulty Engine.........For years I have been talking about how the sliders don't seem to work and finally this year the guy from ea who worked on NCAA 09 said I was right the sliders didn't work. Safe to say that they haven't worked in Madden either. To think that "Adaptive Difficulty Engine" will work is more then a stretch. It's a gimmick at best, if they can't get sliders to work how in the name of "John Madden" will they get this to work.
I didnt want to comment on #4, but those are my thought exactly.
sure the cakes burnt, but if we keep piling on frosting you might not taste it.

# 12 trick02 @ 06/16/08 09:12 PM
I like a lot of the new features altho some i find pointless(Rewind), but thats only because i try and play a realistic type game and use ncaa rosters to draft and rebuild. I cant wait for the new camera angle when throwing i cant stand it when you have a tight end that has no1 on him so you throw him the ball and it turnsz out there was a corner there playing zone that you could never know about because he never showed on your screen.

As for #1 im 1 of the very few that didnt mind the radio guy only because i ignore all presentation do to way to many hour of playing the mlb 2k series. Just by looking at vids and screenshots tho the game in genral has a really nice broadcast feel to it and might actually be fun to listen to assuming they get the calls correct and its not the same 5 lines over and over.

Im very excited for this game and where it seems madden is headed.

# 13 madmastermind @ 06/16/08 10:13 PM
All 10 features are solid. I'm not so much interested in the order of these features, but rather them being in the game at all.

Nice read -

# 14 eDotd @ 06/17/08 12:05 AM
No branching out of tackles?

# 15 Exonerated @ 06/17/08 04:21 AM
ordering these things are just a matter of preference. For example #1 being presentation. Some people don't like a tv broadcast presentation but more of a gaming one.

like a previous poster. Just happy these 'features' are in Madden. Don't care about the ordering.

# 16 DoctorMontalban @ 06/17/08 05:48 AM
I heard so much complaining (rightfully so) about the fumbling and interceptions (for me esp the AI QB), yet it's nowhere on the list. That's the #1 thing imo, unless it just means that it's not fixed. I hated the fact if you played a normal length game (~60 plays per team) that I'd routinely see 10+ turnovers for the game (about 2 to 1 on the computers side). It made the game unplayable for me and many of my friends who bought it. I don't see it talked about on dev blogs or anywhere else. I just see a lot of gameplay vids where it's on rookie mode and the user is cheesing like there's an achievement for it (I guess there are indirectly).

# 17 chuckm1961 @ 06/17/08 08:08 AM
I played several seasons last year, and turnovers were realistic. So this was not a problem for all.

# 18 Matt Diesel @ 06/17/08 09:12 AM
I didnt even know all these features were in the game. I am intrigued by the adaptive AI.

# 19 ausar72 @ 06/17/08 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Presentation is improved, no doubt, but it's still nowhere near other next-gen sports games (The Show, NBA2k8, College Hoops2k8, etc...) or a five-year old game (NFL2k5).

Frankly, of all the new features, I think we're applauding EA for being 3/4 as good as other next-gen sports games.

Madden should be held to a higher standard, but it's the king of video sports games sales wise ... and I'm guessing Tiburon has a bigger budget for Madden than every other sports videogame on the market (though to be fair, that's only a guess).
QFT

# 20 ausar72 @ 06/17/08 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
ordering these things are just a matter of preference. For example #1 being presentation. Some people don't like a tv broadcast presentation but more of a gaming one.

like a previous poster. Just happy these 'features' are in Madden. Don't care about the ordering.
Sucks to not have an alternative.

I am one of the people who prefers more of a TV Style broadcast as it helps with the immersion factor with the game, but I respect those people who have a more gaming/tournament/no-frills experience in mind.

That's really one of the problems with one company holding all of the cards as it relates to the NFL license...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.