Home
News Post

The following sites have posted TNA iMPACT! goodies:
  • VideoGamer
    "So the gauntlet has been laid, and now it's time for us to play the game and have a look for ourselves. The most obvious thing that strikes us is that Impact! is a quicker, zippier game than THQ's. The wrestlers move about the six-sided ring extremely quickly, almost too quickly given their size. It's also a game that's less about grappling and more about counters. On the Xbox 360 pad the RB button is used for reversals and counters. Time it right and you can counter pretty much any move in the game, from punches to kicks to off the top rope attacks. Time it even better and you can counter a counter, leading to some spectacular multi-string reversals where the wrestlers spin about and shift position as they switch between having a move performed on them to performing a move on their opponent. This actually works well, and led to some enthusiastic 'whoas!' and laughs during our multiplayer time with the game."
  • Video Clip @ VideoGamer
  • IGN
    "It helps that matches flow superbly too, with collision detection that's really spot-on. What's more, every one of your motion-captured moves can be executed with satisfying responsiveness. There's no hitting the punch button and watching your wrestler struggle into the correct fighting animation. It's immediate and, whether you're kicking or punching, the whole game feels faster and smoother as a result. The range of moves in iMPACT! is fantastic too, with Samoa Joe quoting the number of individual moves at around 200, meaning you won't get bored churning out the same stock grapple again and again."

Game: TNA iMPACT!Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 7 - View All
TNA iMPACT! Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DTX3 @ 06/23/08 01:39 PM
Man im excited about this game, first wrestling game to include downloadable wrestlers! LAX FTW!

# 2 texbuk84 @ 07/18/08 05:02 AM
already got mine reserved at Gamestop.

# 3 DC @ 07/18/08 07:57 AM
Game looks arcady and sounds like WrestleMania the Arcade game. Honestly was expecting more in terms of gameplay. Starting out the match with power moves shows me the direction this game was geared towards. But then again it is Midway

# 4 babythug23 @ 07/18/08 09:32 AM
WOW looks great. Gameplay LOOkS way better then SD vs RAW. Looks fun to play. Can't wait for this game.

# 5 babythug23 @ 07/18/08 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Game looks arcady and sounds like WrestleMania the Arcade game. Honestly was expecting more in terms of gameplay. Starting out the match with power moves shows me the direction this game was geared towards. But then again it is Midway
From most of the previews from now and the past it saids it plays more like No Mercy then any other game. But i get where your coming from. I just want a fun wrestling game SD vs Raw will put you to sleep. I got Fire Pro for my Sim wrestling matches

# 6 DC @ 07/18/08 09:37 AM
Yea I was LOOKING for the AKI Engine but I don't see it. The game looks fast as hell man

# 7 ChaseB @ 07/18/08 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea I was LOOKING for the AKI Engine but I don't see it. The game looks fast as hell man
Yea it's fast and twitchy. The comparisons come in because of how the grappling system works out, but it's not a No Mercy speed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.