Home
News Post

NBA Live 09 is still a few months away, but our very own Ryan Spencer has all the details on the upcoming edition in our first NBA Live 09 preview!

Quote:
"The NBA Live team has three main focal points for this year’s game: great gameplay, the NBA Live Academy, and a “super secret feature” that is yet to be unveiled."

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bateman11 @ 06/21/08 12:37 PM
Off to read. I can definitely trust this read.

# 2 trobinson97 @ 06/21/08 12:59 PM
Wait, those are screens from the PS2 version? DAMN!

# 3 ChaseB @ 06/21/08 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Wait, those are screens from the PS2 version? DAMN!
Ha our tagging system only puts the first tag next to the title, hence why the PS2 thing showed up. It's modified now.

# 4 Behindshadows @ 06/21/08 02:47 PM
Good read, can't wait for the first in game video with presentation and all. Sounds like they are going in the right direction so far!

# 5 BDM313 @ 06/21/08 03:55 PM
this sounds good...looks like 2K is gettin a lil more comp

# 6 rspencer86 @ 06/21/08 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDM313
looks like 2K is gettin a lil more comp
...Which would be great. We could have two very solid NBA games on our hands this year.

# 7 edubbs @ 06/21/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
...Which would be great. We could have two very solid NBA games on our hands this year.
Yeah that's all I'm asking for this year.

The NBA2K series is very good but, I would also like to have a different sports game in my 360 for a change. No matter how good a game is, you will grow 'somewhat' tired of it eventually.

Especially, if you have been playing that game and only that game for 3 years straight because of the lack of other quality titles. Having Live 'hopefully' step up this year would give me that other option.

The sports games on NextGen (Live, Madden,NCAA) have been VERY dissapointing to this point IMO.

However, it looks like Madden will be much improved, I'm not too sure about NCAA after playing the demo, and Live 'may' have finally turned the corner.

Having NBA2K9, Madden09, and Live09 all being good titles this year would be great. It's been 3 years in a row now that one title (nba2k) has been the only reason I play my 360.

I'm banking on this year being different.

# 8 Spectre @ 06/21/08 05:58 PM
Quote:
Competition = good

It's a shame that there isn't competition in the NFL title- I bet the improvements we're finally seeing in Madden would have come about much, much quicker

# 9 texbuk84 @ 06/21/08 08:51 PM
i hope and pray live will be good this year for live fans but i think that in reality this game will not be good because they need to scrap that engine that they are using and start over. its not that the game suck, its just that the game engine, animations, physics, and technology is outta whack. i believe that it can get better just not with this gameplay engine.

# 10 BiggD @ 06/22/08 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Yeah that's all I'm asking for this year.

The NBA2K series is very good but, I would also like to have a different sports game in my 360 for a change. No matter how good a game is, you will grow 'somewhat' tired of it eventually.

Especially, if you have been playing that game and only that game for 3 years straight because of the lack of other quality titles. Having Live 'hopefully' step up this year would give me that other option.

The sports games on NextGen (Live, Madden,NCAA) have been VERY dissapointing to this point IMO.

However, it looks like Madden will be much improved, I'm not too sure about NCAA after playing the demo, and Live 'may' have finally turned the corner.

Having NBA2K9, Madden09, and Live09 all being good titles this year would be great. It's been 3 years in a row now that one title (nba2k) has been the only reason I play my 360.

I'm banking on this year being different.

i feel the same way... variety is the spice of life! would be good to have a choice in ball games

# 11 Shinyhubcaps @ 06/22/08 06:29 PM
I'm not sure about this super secret feature, but one preview included some information that this one did not. There is supposed to be a mode, like a Superstar mode (but hopefully not like Madden's Superstar mode) where you can take control of an active player or rookie.

# 12 rspencer86 @ 06/22/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
I'm not sure about this super secret feature, but one preview included some information that this one did not. There is supposed to be a mode, like a Superstar mode (but hopefully not like Madden's Superstar mode) where you can take control of an active player or rookie.
EA has acknowledged that NBA Live 09 will have a "Be The Pro" mode, so I'm thinking that this is not the "super secret feature."

# 13 Hassan Darkside @ 06/23/08 05:52 PM
Quote:
EA has acknowledged that NBA Live 09 will have a "Be The Pro" mode, so I'm thinking that this is not the "super secret feature."
I thought IGN broke that news but EA disregarded that news as false and said there was no "Be the pro" or superstar type mode.

# 14 rspencer86 @ 06/23/08 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I thought IGN broke that news but EA disregarded that news as false and said there was no "Be the pro" or superstar type mode.
I don't know about all of that, but "Be a Pro" mode was specifically mentioned by the dev giving the NBA Live 09 presentation at the media event in May and has been mentioned in their Producer Blog as well.

# 15 Hassan Darkside @ 06/24/08 01:53 PM
Well whatever "Be-a-pro" is it's not a superstar mode because one of the EA Devs on the EA forums said, "Sorry, no superstar mode this year. We’ve been working on something new this year that we’re pretty excited about. Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to talk about it now because I probably wouldn’t have a job tomorrow if I did. We’ll be announcing it at E3. We’re pretty sure it’ll change the way sports games are made."

# 16 Klocker @ 06/24/08 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
...We’re pretty sure it’ll change the way sports games are made."
well I'm guessing it's not a "feature" in the game so to speak. IOW, not a game mode but a development method that allows the game to perform a certain way. It sounds like create a face or animation/physics engine or motion capture technique (not necessarily one of those but along those lines).

# 17 Swag.So.Official @ 08/05/08 11:48 AM
will the ps2 version have all the rookies

# 18 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/05/08 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag.So.Official
will the ps2 version have all the rookies
It should have most first-rounders and all rookies signed by August 1. Not all rookies, though.

# 19 Swag.So.Official @ 08/05/08 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
It should have most first-rounders and all rookies signed by August 1. Not all rookies, though.
oh gud lookin

# 20 Swag.So.Official @ 08/07/08 05:58 PM
micheal beasly,oj mayo,and derrick rose,and dj augutin is the rookies i care 4

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.