Home
Madden 09 News Post

IGN has posted a article called Predicting Rookie Careers with Madden '09.

Quote:
"Since we don't have millions of dollars and years of hindsight, we're going to do the next best thing -- use Madden '09's franchise mode to simulate the career of three rookies, attempting to break down their careers by simulating as many seasons as necessary to get them from hotshot rookies to grizzled, broken down veterans."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cyros @ 07/03/08 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap11
Hello all, I am new here. While I think that the stats here look fairly accurate, the thing that bothers me is that each of these players seems to have played out their rookie contract and then hit free agency.

Does that mean that the AI will allow its stars to walk every time? How often does a franchise quarterback actually make it to the FA market in the NFL?
Matt Ryan lasted nine years before being let go by the Falcons, Darren McFadden made it 7 years with the Raiders, and Joe Flacco only managed 5 years as a Raven.

# 22 sacklunch @ 07/03/08 04:31 PM
I thought this was a pretty cool thing to do and it looks promising so far. As someone posted earlier, I'm kinda hoping that there will be a few busts in each draft. I wish IGN would do it with a few more rookies to give us a little bit bigger sample size to take a look at.

# 23 tap11 @ 07/03/08 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Matt Ryan lasted nine years before being let go by the Falcons, Darren McFadden made it 7 years with the Raiders, and Joe Flacco only managed 5 years as a Raven.

Well you are right about Ryan, although he made it only two or three years beyond the rookie contract and the Falcons let him walk even though he had a high rating.

Further, a computer generated qb hit the fa market with a 97 rating. That is like the Colts letting Manning hit fa, or the Pats allowing Brady to test the market - just won't happen.

Lastly, Flacco was entering the prime of his career and had performed reasonably well. There is no way the Ravens would't sign him back.

All in all, the stats look good, but I'm not sure the AI offseason rational has improved much.

# 24 g2thecore @ 07/03/08 10:20 PM
Looking at those stats I'm very excited to see how the simulation engine was improved by leaps and bounds. Very interesting to see how these guys careers unfolded. Hopefully these guys don't have those kind of injury issues in real life.....cuz that would suck for their respective teams....That would suck for ATL specifically...Overall, looking real good.

# 25 thmst30 @ 07/03/08 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
lol McFadden never missed a game while he was here but now he misses 3 years with injuries? I can see one year maybe but not 3
Hes going to be an NFL running back now. Very truthfully his career could end after one carry. You just never know, and the NFL is notoriously hard on running back's health. Hoping he stays healthy though.

# 26 trick02 @ 07/03/08 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
boo@ the team with darren mcfadden (with an 88 OVR) drafting a running back. with the first pick!

other than that tho, and a couple things u guys mentioned it looks great!
Actually i think its incredible that the cpu new he was at the end of his career and close to retirement and chose to draft a RB to back him for a season.

Would be dif if it was oakland in 2010 tho.

# 27 4solo @ 07/04/08 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tap11
Well you are right about Ryan, although he made it only two or three years beyond the rookie contract and the Falcons let him walk even though he had a high rating.

Further, a computer generated qb hit the fa market with a 97 rating. That is like the Colts letting Manning hit fa, or the Pats allowing Brady to test the market - just won't happen.

Lastly, Flacco was entering the prime of his career and had performed reasonably well. There is no way the Ravens would't sign him back.

All in all, the stats look good, but I'm not sure the AI offseason rational has improved much.
Yea i agree 97 Qb is too high for FA

# 28 ChuckMonts @ 07/05/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
Yea i agree 97 Qb is too high for FA
Think about it this way. Maybe the QB was on a very bad team an wanted a shot at the playoffs. They have never had the ability for a player to not want to sign a contract with the origional team so better more Free Agents then not enough. I personally roll a dice to help make Free Agency and the re-signing period a little tougher.

# 29 blackngoldfan @ 07/05/08 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
lol McFadden never missed a game while he was here but now he misses 3 years with injuries? I can see one year maybe but not 3
That kind of stuff happens. Do you remember Robert Smith. He was a beast at Ohio State. But had a very injury-prone NFL career at Minnesota. He had at least 2 knee surgeries. Here's a link that shows his career stats. In 8 seasons, his last year was his best.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitRo00.htm

# 30 Nza @ 07/05/08 12:19 PM
All it takes is an unlucky string of injuries. There is no injury rating in real life, anyone can go down. A few college years without injury isn't enough data to suggest a player is less prone to injury.

Plus, everything is faster and harder in the NFL.

# 31 tap11 @ 07/05/08 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
Think about it this way. Maybe the QB was on a very bad team an wanted a shot at the playoffs. They have never had the ability for a player to not want to sign a contract with the origional team so better more Free Agents then not enough. I personally roll a dice to help make Free Agency and the re-signing period a little tougher.
I suppose this is a possibility, but it still seems far fetched. For a qb to make it to 97 they usually have to have had considerable success (meaning the team is generally competative).

# 32 4solo @ 07/05/08 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
Yea but like Tap11 said a 97 QB is someone that's established like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning as one of the league top QB's not an up and coming player. In real life just look at how much trouble Chad Johnson and Jason Taylor are having getting traded or released and neither are on teams that are contenders.

# 33 AftershockFx @ 07/05/08 01:40 PM
It'd be interesting to see what the other NFL rookies are projected to do with Maddens logic *hint* *hint*

# 34 richmond_rocket @ 07/05/08 02:10 PM
mcfadden & russell are gonna rip it up

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.