Home
News Post

Today is unofficially Top Spin 3 day at OS. Later today we'll be posting our review along with our first strategy guide for the game.

To kick things off we have some Top Spin 3 prizes to give away.

First Prize (1 winner)
  • Top Spin track jacket
  • Top Spin 3 Game (system of their choice)
  • 2K library of games (MLB, NBA, Don King – system of their choice)

Runners Up (2 Winners)
  • Top Spin 3 Game (system of their choice)

How To Enter: Reply to this news post and tell us in 100 words of less why you deserve to win this prize. The best answers will be chosen by a select panel of OS Staff members as the winners. Good luck!

Competition closes: Midnight EST, July 31st, 2008. It is unfortunately only open to US residents.

Game: Top Spin 3Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
Top Spin 3 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 trobinson97 @ 07/04/08 02:26 AM
No joke, I just want the games. I really want to win. No I do not want this on behalf of someone else. My reasons are completely and utterly selfish. I am on very limited budget and probably won't even be able to get the latest NCAA till later on this year. Who knows when I'll get NBA 2K? It sucks. I played the demo and thought it was ace, now I want to play it. Come on, give me the game. I'd look good in that jacket too. If that doesn’t convince you, here’s my last argument:

Come onnnnnnnn

# 22 auburntigersfan @ 07/04/08 03:10 AM
You guys need to pick me for your sanity. I always write stupid stuff on here.
Quite simply, with Top Spin 3 I would be doing more gaming and less OSing. While one might think less OSer's = worse community, it isn't true in my situation. More gaming = less annoying you guys.
I think it would be pretty neat if I won, errr, lucked into getting Top Spin. edit: after reading the review I realized all of what I said (about wanting Top Spin) was a lie. I just want the whole 2k lineup, and the track jacket. I would still play some Top Spin though.

# 23 NZ Buccaneer @ 07/04/08 11:53 AM
I have spent a lot of time here reading posts, and using rosters/sliders before recently starting to give back and help improve the site, by starting a faq thread on how to transfer files. It would be great karma if this amount of time I spent writing and collecting info was rewarded with a prize package

(NB I didn't make my FAQ thread for this comp - it just ended up being somewhat close in terms of timeframe http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-rosters/254412-how-transfer-roster-files-faq-thread.html)

# 24 Laffer @ 07/04/08 12:08 PM
Hawk-eye

When I dream how my light is spent,
I arise shaken and cold,
Top Spin which I lent,
To an acquaintance who has been so bold,
Federer and Hewitt are with another,
In a city that seems impossibly far away,
Maria and Elena are power stroking for my brother
And my heart is in dismay,
‘Emotion Now’ is no longer needed
As consoles sit unrequited,
One hopes my plight is heeded
So my misery can be blighted
Do I not deserve,
To once again serve?

# 25 Acid @ 07/04/08 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffer
Hawk-eye

When I dream how my light is spent,
I arise shaken and cold,
Top Spin which I lent,
To an acquaintance who has been so bold,
Federer and Hewitt are with another,
In a city that seems impossibly far away,
Maria and Elena are power stroking for my brother
And my heart is in dismay,
‘Emotion Now’ is no longer needed
As consoles sit unrequited,
One hopes my plight is heeded
So my misery can be blighted
Do I not deserve,
To once again serve?
If Laffer doesn't win the grand prize, I will be shocked. That was beautiful.

I used to play tennis but I can't now because of my back surgery, so I need a tennis game to fill my tennis void.

# 26 Kaanyr Vhok @ 07/04/08 02:10 PM
I cant say I deserve this game more than the next man but I can say I have been shatted on pretty hard recently and a little ole Top Spin 3 (big Top Spin 1 fan) might make things nice.

Yah see last year my gf left me and took both my sons. I helped pay for her trip out of state and I sent her what money I could but child support still came after me. Me and my girl got back together in Oct and she was supposed to come back to live with me in March. In Jan I took a low paying job entry level game design position. By Feb child support was garnishing half my check. Even though my kids were supposed to come back to live with me and I was the only one working they were taking half my check. My kids have been back for a two months and they were still taking half my check because the court system is so corrupt/lazy/bizzy. I should have the garnishments removed sooner or later but for now me my girl and both my kids are living on half a check. I am in debt on food stamps and I cant afford anything but rent and bills. Oh and all the money garnished goes to the state.

I love the Top Spin 3 demo and the new controls. I'm going to post a thread comparing Top Spin to Prizefighter.

# 27 DJ @ 07/04/08 02:12 PM
Anyone entering this contest can come up with a reason to win this game. Some selfish,others not. The one thing that brings us all together is our love for video games, and more specifically, sports games.

I'd be remiss to not mention my impending move (just bought our first house) and that money will be extremely tight, so receiving a shiny new game to play on my 360 would be a great house-warming present.

Keep up the great work, OS. I love the site and your passion for sports games.

# 28 hawkeyekid @ 07/04/08 03:05 PM
OK, my reason is pretty simple. I'm getting married on July 18th and this would be the perfect wedding present. I've been trying to save some money and video games was one area I picked to save some cash. Unfortunately, that meant no Top Spin. I also feel like this game would be a good one for my future wife, since she we both love to play tennis, and she has alway been supportive in my video game "habit". That is why I would love Top Spin and I think my then wife would too.

# 29 Crown42Royal @ 07/04/08 04:01 PM
I've been a proud supporter since 2003 and I haven't owned a tennis game since 'Super Tennis' on the SNES.

Plus, I just had a kid so the video game allowance is all going to pay for baby formula. So, it would be nice.

# 30 Rules @ 07/04/08 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
If Laffer doesn't win the grand prize, I will be shocked. That was beautiful.

I used to play tennis but I can't now because of my back surgery, so I need a tennis game to fill my tennis void.

Laffer butchered John Milton's poem. If anything, he owes us all a new game

# 31 skipwondah33 @ 07/04/08 06:50 PM
I deserve to win because it would be a good chance to try some other games out for change. Currently I am in the mindset that EA games rule for some reaaon, probably because of my history of playing them since...well forever. The brief times I did play 2K games was Bioshock and the last tennis game I played was on the original NES. So I'm due to try the next-gen tennis game and the rest of 2K's sports fleet.

Besides other than that it would be cool to have that collection

# 32 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 07/04/08 07:31 PM
My 9 year old niece who LOVES visiting me broke her right leg, hip, and has a distal radius fracture in her left wrist. I promised to let her stay at my apartment when she gets released from the hospital. Her father has made her love Tennis through the ages, and for me to have this game sitting there when she arrives would mean nothing to me but bitter sweetness. If I received a copy of this from you, it would be the perfect way to show my appreciation to her, and I could show her everything I wrote. Thanks.

# 33 DC @ 07/04/08 07:58 PM
(Before reading use this to sing along - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8HSzuyHxcI)

1, 2, 3, into the 4
On 7/31 Top Spin Tennis is
About to come into my door
So back on up
Cause you know I'm bout to tear (bad s-word) up (29)

Back to the lecture at hand
Forget EA Sports; since 2K is my man
From a young G's perspective
They know everything they make usually comes out defective

So damn scurred of my man
And worried about my man
At the same time trynna bury my man
But don't you know that ain't flyin lieutenant
But ain't no $ good enough
So 2K said forget it!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (99)

# 34 LinebackerU_31 @ 07/04/08 08:17 PM
Lets see I why do I deserve to win this game. First off, a couple of weeks ago I played tennis for the first time and it was rather dreadful, don't think I will be picking up racket again anytime soon. I like watching tennis and I believe I will like to play virtually. I like all genres of sports games but never actually bought or played a tennis game until I DL'd the demo and it was pretty good. Plus, I LOVE SHARAPOVA!!

# 35 cam9219 @ 07/04/08 09:29 PM
While I have yet to show, I have been looking at these forums for years. Now have decided to be active, and why not start by winning this contest? I play Tennis for my high school team, but never have actually tried out a game for the console. Whenever im at an arcade I have to hit Virtual Tennis. Please Consider Me!

# 36 clarkerots @ 07/05/08 01:18 AM
I deserve to win because I'm a long time supporter with a tight budget who has a little girl on the way and will only own these games through this contest. The budget and the newborn mean that my wife will only allow one game purchase per year. It will probably be NHL09. So, I either own one game per year, or win the contest and have a little library. Insert sympathy card here.

# 37 cocobee @ 07/05/08 09:45 AM
I need another game other than MLB the Show for my PS3.

# 38 ghm125 @ 07/05/08 10:04 AM
really dont want a tennis game,but if its free, its for me...

# 39 Tommy Boy @ 07/06/08 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobee
I need another game other than MLB the Show for my PS3.
Due to both bad genetics and bad luck the only kinds of sports I actually get to play nowadays ARE the video game type. I have a degenerative back disorder and 3 herniated discs that has left me with little to no feeling in my left leg and foot. I HAD the game preordered and fully payed for but due to money issues had to cancel it. I have always gotten the Top Spin games actually managed to win an XSN tournament way back on TS. The World Tour mode sounds like a lot of fun. Good Luck to all.

# 40 auburntigersfan @ 07/06/08 02:16 AM
Dang, everyone on here has a sucky life.
Everyone is using the I'm poor excuse.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.