Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted a article called March Madness Gets a New Name.

Quote:
"This is a critical year as EA will be looking to provide a product that can satisfy those gamers who may have purchased College Hoops instead. A disappointing release would make it even tougher to recapture them in the future."

Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DC @ 07/08/08 08:02 PM
Yea rub it in you damn bastards.

# 2 baumy300 @ 07/08/08 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea rub it in you damn bastards.

Yeah, it's a shame there is no 2K.

# 3 rockchisler @ 07/08/08 09:38 PM
Hopefully the game play will change along with the name change.

# 4 DC @ 07/09/08 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Hey I'm a college hoops 2k guy but I just wanted some MM fans wanted to know this that's why I posted it.
Oh nah bastards = EA not you

# 5 crques @ 07/09/08 08:55 AM
New name and same crappy game........I hope I'm wrong though, but I don't have any faith in EA basketball.

# 6 ehh @ 07/09/08 09:25 AM
Makes sense now that 2K is gone, might as well keep it consistent w. their college football series.

# 7 thmst30 @ 07/09/08 01:01 PM
Change the game, not the name. "NCAA Basketball" (damn thats going to take a while to get used too) has been dreadful along with Live for years now. I doubt that changes this year.

# 8 Behindshadows @ 07/09/08 02:22 PM
Some of you are hard to please, some of you will hate EA until the end of time, even when they do something right.

Looking at the strides they continue to make on the 09 series titles. I don't see why NCAA Basketball 09 should be any less better than all the other efforts. I'm sure this years game will shock a lot of people and hush up a few more.

New Name, basically because March Madness series has been given a bad rap. So I can see this as a move to show new efforts, new series with a new name. To try to get them back in the right direction and starting over.

Good to know! Just wait and see a lot of you will be eating crow real soon. Especially when the videos and screens are released.

Same as when people saw the screens and videos of Live 09.

Not to mention the write ups on the game.

# 9 jfsolo @ 07/09/08 02:44 PM
The thing is that 99% of the detractors want to be eating crow very badly. People want to say, "Man they sure showed me, I was totally wrong, this is a great game."

# 10 countryboy @ 07/09/08 08:44 PM
first thing that I thought of after reading this was what EA did with the Triple Play series and renaming it MVP after TP had gone "stale"

Hopefully the same thing will happen the March Madness/NCAA Basketball series. New name = new magic.

# 11 DC @ 07/09/08 09:51 PM
@ BS

1. I don't hate EA. I just hate bad production. EA + College Basketball = Bad Production. No way you can deny that.

2. They haven't done ANYTHING right in the College Basketball world since 1999 so I don't know what you are referring to "even when they do the right thing." Changing a name is the right thing? Doesn't even matter to be honest.

3. LOL Who is going crazy over Live PICTURES? Only a fool would go crazy over still photos. We aren't kids anymore man.

When EA shows that they CARE about making good products and not just about moving units, then I will give them the respect that they SHOULD have. Until then, they can do what a slut does.

# 12 rockchisler @ 07/09/08 10:50 PM
What if they called it....... Coach K......wowwwwwww

# 13 DC @ 07/09/08 11:22 PM
It's sad to even think those games are from the same tribe

# 14 texbuk84 @ 07/10/08 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Some of you are hard to please, some of you will hate EA until the end of time, even when they do something right.

Looking at the strides they continue to make on the 09 series titles. I don't see why NCAA Basketball 09 should be any less better than all the other efforts. I'm sure this years game will shock a lot of people and hush up a few more.

New Name, basically because March Madness series has been given a bad rap. So I can see this as a move to show new efforts, new series with a new name. To try to get them back in the right direction and starting over.

Good to know! Just wait and see a lot of you will be eating crow real soon. Especially when the videos and screens are released.

Same as when people saw the screens and videos of Live 09.

Not to mention the write ups on the game.
and you are nominated for EA sports man of the Year. very valid point, plus some people are hard to please and kim kardashian is kim kardashian and angie stone is angie stone. what i'm saying is that kim kar is my type and angie stone is not ugly but she's just not my brand of woman( March Madness).

# 15 SageInfinite @ 07/10/08 03:25 AM
Hopefully they give us a totally new game to match its new name.

# 16 DC @ 07/10/08 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
and you are nominated for EA sports man of the Year. very valid point, plus some people are hard to please and kim kardashian is kim kardashian and angie stone is angie stone. what i'm saying is that kim kar is my type and angie stone is not ugly but she's just not my brand of woman( March Madness).
But some will tell you Angie Stone (MM) isn't that bad with the correct sliders (intoxication). So go figure. I don't know why anyone would want to force themselves to get drunk to like something when you already have something out there (CH) that is as beautiful as it is

# 17 ehh @ 07/10/08 08:51 AM
So shouldn't this sub-forum get a name change now too?

# 18 BhamTiger @ 07/16/08 02:03 PM
If EA really wanted to be honest, they would have renamed it March Crapness.

Seriously, does EA even try anymore? The March Madness series has sucked for years, and NCAA Football has gone downhill since 2004. Between the loss of College Hoops and the disappointment that is NCAA Football 09, it's going to be a long year with no new game titles to look forward to.

# 19 yoyoma @ 07/23/08 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
first thing that I thought of after reading this was what EA did with the Triple Play series and renaming it MVP after TP had gone "stale"

Hopefully the same thing will happen the March Madness/NCAA Basketball series. New name = new magic.
thought of the same thing looking forward to some information to see if they have created a decent game or start to one

# 20 bateman11 @ 07/23/08 10:13 PM
Quote:
They need to use the Nba Live engine for march madness.
I laughed my *** off when I read this.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.