Home
News Post

NASCAR 09 by EA Sports has a fantastic new feature in the ability to edit and upload your own car skins from a compatible PC graphics editor. Here at Operation Sports, we want to see what kind of talent our member base has. Thanks to Microsoft and EA Sports, we'll be giving away three Microsoft Wireless Xbox 360 Wheels to the winners, one each for the winning Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Craftsman Truck entries!

With that in mind, we're holding a Create-A-Car competition with the Operation Sports theme as the basis for the vehicle. Rules are as follows:
1) All cars must use the Operation Sports default blue/gray color scheme as the base.

2) Car should be number "09".

3) Only the original template file, or a screen capture of the car in-game will be accepted. Screens of the skin on the car are preferred, since it can be tough to judge a design based on a flat template (not to mention the in-game shots just show off your car much better with lighting, etc)

4) Images of your car should be submitted to [email protected] no later than Friday, July 18th, 2008 at 10PM PT. Email subject should include your forum name and the car type you're submitting (Truck, Nationwide, Sprint Cup).
A judging panel will review the entries and choose a winner based on "realism" (a car scheme that would appear to be on a real car, not too busy or have any logos or designs that would look "out of place" on a real race track), design, and overall aesthetic appeal.

Winners will be notified via Private Message and forum post on Sunday, July 20th, 2008.

Get to painting, and show us what you've got!!!

Update: Here are some OS logos to get you started.

Game: NASCAR 09Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NASCAR 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MonsterMinds @ 07/17/08 09:48 AM
Now that I have this 3d Program figured out just when I thought I have a work able design................................. trash LOL, I find myself refreshing a design several times in 3d just to make sure everything flows well.

I will say that as of right now if I can get the time off of work today (haha) This one will make any others I have done Look foolish, Well ok not foolish.. But yeah

Thanks again for the info on removing them stoooopid grid lines.

# 22 GJEM @ 07/18/08 08:17 PM
So were only allowed to send in (1) pic of the car in the game/paint booth?

# 23 TCrouch @ 07/21/08 01:34 AM
Winners will be announced Monday instead of tonight. Sorry about that

# 24 Luke2579 @ 05/19/10 04:02 PM
How do we make one?

# 25 Jet5195wvu @ 05/20/10 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2579
How do we make one?
Uh, I think the competition is over.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.