Home
News Post

Sometimes one of the hardest parts of getting your hands on NCAA Football is picking the playbook that is right for your style of play. Picking a playbook is hard enough in Madden with less than 40 options, let alone more than 100.

Over the next few days Operation Sports will be taking the time to link to the playbooks EA Sports was kind enough to provide PDFs of on their web site, as well as tell you what formations are included in each playbook. Hopefully this will help you narrow them down to a workable amount, so you can then nose through and find the perfect playbook for your game.

Today we'll be doing Air Force to Florida, as well as all five defensive playbooks and the five generic offensive playbooks. Please note all offensive playbooks include a goalline and a hail mary formation.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SmoothJT @ 07/16/08 09:50 AM
Im on my fouth playbook already. Ive tried Tulsa, Tech, Ok ST, and the Spread. Im looking for a primarily Shotgun with a 5 wide set and some fullback formations. Any suggestions?

# 2 BlyGilmore @ 07/16/08 10:00 AM
you take a look at Michigan?

# 3 DaHorra @ 07/16/08 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJT
Im on my fouth playbook already. Ive tried Tulsa, Tech, Ok ST, and the Spread. Im looking for a primarily Shotgun with a 5 wide set and some fullback formations. Any suggestions?
Michigan, totally. Check West Virginia also.

# 4 SmoothJT @ 07/16/08 12:15 PM
THANKS. I WILL CHECK THOSE OUT.

# 5 BlyGilmore @ 07/16/08 12:19 PM
take a peak at Nevada's playbook as well. Almost all of their formations are the "Pistol" formation - basically a mini-shotgun.

# 6 jonnyMenace @ 07/16/08 12:19 PM
Hawaii is probably the playbook for you. I reccomend this based on last year's game, but I don't think it changed too much.

# 7 BubbleFour @ 07/16/08 02:07 PM
Actually Michigan and West Virginia have exactly the same playbooks.

The same applies for Georgia Tech and Navy. It must be related to the movement of the coach during the offseason.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.