Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Anti Honor @ 07/16/08 04:01 PM
Thanks, OMT

# 22 thudias @ 07/16/08 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
OMT, great starting announcement on these issues.

Meh.. I will be on season 5 by then.....I guess you cant please everyone.

# 23 Brandwin @ 07/16/08 04:03 PM
Let me ask this. If we start and online dynasty with rosters right now, when the patch comes out can we download new rosters to use in our dynasty or no? Would you recommend people waiting to start a dynasty, offline or online?

# 24 wazzucoug02 @ 07/16/08 04:03 PM
HOLY ****!!!! Well done OMT!! I'm sure you guys have gone through a lot of red bull with this. Keep up the good work...very much enjoying the product.

# 25 stoncold32 @ 07/16/08 04:07 PM

# 26 revgoalie @ 07/16/08 04:07 PM
OMT, I appreciate how hard you guys have worked on this. Thanks for keeping us updated!

# 27 hskfan4lyfe @ 07/16/08 04:07 PM
OMT? Can a patch fix the special teams play as a whole? Like how when you punt or kick off your players just JOG down the field. And how about field goal power?

# 28 GoVols1985 @ 07/16/08 04:09 PM
So if you have DT's roster with no further edits and have had no problems, will it still work after the patch?

# 29 RumbleCard @ 07/16/08 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols1985
So if you have DT's roster with no further edits and have had no problems, will it still work after the patch?
Thats the real question. I gather that if you have in fact edited with no issue then you should be fine.

# 30 PVarck31 @ 07/16/08 04:13 PM
Thank you Adam. This is great news. Any timetable on the second patch? Is it being worked on right now?

# 31 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/16/08 04:13 PM
Great news, Im pumped!

# 32 MSchneider84 @ 07/16/08 04:20 PM
We appreciate your fast response.

# 33 BigDofBA @ 07/16/08 04:22 PM
I can't wait until the second patch comes out addressing gamepley. I hope it hits before Madden!

# 34 JB_BE @ 07/16/08 04:23 PM
Great news, thanks for the update. Good job EA!

# 35 Jistic @ 07/16/08 04:26 PM
That was quick! Good job guys!

Take your time on the 2nd patch to make it right....ok not TOO Much time.

And if you can somehow easily incorporate a simple way to increase the replay frequency for old Jistic, I'd appreciate it!

# 36 countryboy @ 07/16/08 04:27 PM

Great work Adam. You and your team's hardwork and swift actions are both greatly appreciated.

# 37 OMT @ 07/16/08 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Let me ask this. If we start and online dynasty with rosters right now, when the patch comes out can we download new rosters to use in our dynasty or no? Would you recommend people waiting to start a dynasty, offline or online?
Yeah, once you start a dynasty (online or offline), the rosters you bring in are set. You will have to restart a dynasty if you want to use a new roster.

# 38 OMT @ 07/16/08 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols1985
We believe rosters that still have all the teams will work. But we aren't 100% sure.

# 39 ubigidiot @ 07/16/08 04:37 PM
any chance you can elaborate even just a little as to what the 2nd patch is going to address?

# 40 RumbleCard @ 07/16/08 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We believe rosters that still have all the teams will work. But we aren't 100% sure.
If corrupted rosters don't work post patch what happens to these rosters if they're mid dynasty? Basically does this only affect the rosters outside of an existing dynasty or are the guys in season two and three gonna have dynasty issues?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.