Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 raydee48 @ 07/16/08 04:41 PM
how do you install the patch once it comes out?

# 42 therizing02 @ 07/16/08 04:42 PM
Props to Adam and EA for the lightning quick response! If the game play patch comes out 5-10 days after that I will......well forget it.

Adam, when will you, if you haven't already, start to try to identify the game play issues? Which issues are most important to fix according to the team?

# 43 therizing02 @ 07/16/08 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydee48
how do you install the patch once it comes out?

It's an XBOX Live update once you start the game. It's automatically done.

# 44 mikeveli20 @ 07/16/08 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
If corrupted rosters don't work post patch what happens to these rosters if they're mid dynasty? Basically does this only affect the rosters outside of an existing dynasty or are the guys in season two and three gonna have dynasty issues?
I'd like to know this too.

# 45 Smartracer24 @ 07/16/08 04:51 PM
OMT would you recommend once the new patch comes out to start from scratch and delete all save files including profile or should your profile be fine after the patch is installed? thanks in advance

# 46 WallaceNails @ 07/16/08 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
If corrupted rosters don't work post patch what happens to these rosters if they're mid dynasty? Basically does this only affect the rosters outside of an existing dynasty or are the guys in season two and three gonna have dynasty issues?
I know this answer

#1--You would not have been able to start a dynasty with a roster that was missing teams
#2--Your dynasty file is set when you start it (it includes the rosters that were loaded when you began your dynasty). So, any changes to the roster file dont effect anything in your dynasty file becuase those are two seperate files.

Conclusion: You should see nothing changing in your dynasty with this patch #1 that address roster files.

# 47 TheDutchDad @ 07/16/08 04:54 PM
Does this mean that once the patch is released, someone is going to need to rename an entirely new roster to avoid any possible problems?

# 48 raydee48 @ 07/16/08 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
It's an XBOX Live update once you start the game. It's automatically done.
what about ps2?

# 49 therizing02 @ 07/16/08 04:56 PM
Quote:
what about ps2?
Never had a ps2 so I'm not sure. Sorry man. Anyone else?

# 50 nstod @ 07/16/08 04:57 PM
Quote:
what about ps2?
You can't patch PS2, can you?

# 51 Scoop 24 @ 07/16/08 04:58 PM
thats pretty impressive EA... i guess i was wrong you guys are on your grind this year.

# 52 RumbleCard @ 07/16/08 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails
I know this answer

#1--You would not have been able to start a dynasty with a roster that was missing teams
#2--Your dynasty file is set when you start it (it includes the rosters that were loaded when you began your dynasty). So, any changes to the roster file dont effect anything in your dynasty file becuase those are two seperate files.

Conclusion: You should see nothing changing in your dynasty with this patch #1 that address roster files.
Thanks.

# 53 raydee48 @ 07/16/08 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
You can't patch PS2, can you?
thats what i thought. so do ps2 users just have to deal with the roster issues?

# 54 WallaceNails @ 07/16/08 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Does this mean that once the patch is released, someone is going to need to rename an entirely new roster to avoid any possible problems?
Yes, I would think so...

# 55 TheDutchDad @ 07/16/08 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceNails
Yes, I would think so...
Well, it's a good thing I leave the country in a week for a few weeks...things will be sorted for sure by then.

# 56 HuskerFan @ 07/16/08 05:04 PM
I didn't think PS2 had any roster problem.

# 57 nstod @ 07/16/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
I thought the roster problem was PS3/360 specific.

# 58 coogrfan @ 07/16/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
What roster issues would those be?

# 59 raydee48 @ 07/16/08 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan
I didn't think PS2 had any roster problem.
thats great news! thanks you've made my day/night.

# 60 stoncold32 @ 07/16/08 05:07 PM
Quote:
thats great news! thanks you've made my day/night.
LOL

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.