Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 641 gsus8091 @ 07/24/08 01:17 AM
very good points stoncold, thats exactly how I see EA working us. Its really not about making the best video game college football game, its about leaving us wanting more so that we feel compelled to buy next years installment. It will be like this forever because EA has no competition. If they did they'd be more inclined to make a 10 out of 10 game that would be an instant classic. To think this is the best they can do is nieve and completely ignorant. THey have the money, man power and technology to make a great title that could go down in history as the first best next gen football game but they choose not to.

I took my game back after renting it and finding that my dynasty would be unplayable until at least 2 major patches are released. At least thats $60 bucks Gamestop had to give back to me and maybe a good amount of people did the samething so at least Gamestop would take notice and let EA know that they had the most returns of their game ever. Thats a little too optimistic, but hey at least I tried to make a statment instead of complaining after I bought it and gave them my money.

Its like buyin weed and after you smoke it sayin it was the worst weed ever and then going to the weed man and sayin "fix this, this is the worst weed ever," and him sayin "well give it back," and you sayin "well I smoked it." The weed man will look at you crazy and say "thanks for the $20 and I promise I get a much better batch next week, be sure to check in with me." And of coarse you do.

They have your money people. I seem to remember that last year around this time I must of read 100 of posts and threads that said "I will not buy any EA football game next year." Where are you now? Did you take your own advice or did you fall for the hype and frenzy that is EA football? If you want them to fix things and to make drastic changes then don't buy their merchandise.

# 642 Birdman18 @ 07/24/08 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsus8091
very good points stoncold, thats exactly how I see EA working us. Its really not about making the best video game college football game, its about leaving us wanting more so that we feel compelled to buy next years installment. It will be like this forever because EA has no competition. If they did they'd be more inclined to make a 10 out of 10 game that would be an instant classic. To think this is the best they can do is nieve and completely ignorant. THey have the money, man power and technology to make a great title that could go down in history as the first best next gen football game but they choose not to.

I took my game back after renting it and finding that my dynasty would be unplayable until at least 2 major patches are released. At least thats $60 bucks Gamestop had to give back to me and maybe a good amount of people did the samething so at least Gamestop would take notice and let EA know that they had the most returns of their game ever. Thats a little too optimistic, but hey at least I tried to make a statment instead of complaining after I bought it and gave them my money.

Its like buyin weed and after you smoke it sayin it was the worst weed ever and then going to the weed man and sayin "fix this, this is the worst weed ever," and him sayin "well give it back," and you sayin "well I smoked it." The weed man will look at you crazy and say "thanks for the $20 and I promise I get a much better batch next week, be sure to check in with me." And of coarse you do.

They have your money people. I seem to remember that last year around this time I must of read 100 of posts and threads that said "I will not buy any EA football game next year." Where are you now? Did you take your own advice or did you fall for the hype and frenzy that is EA football? If you want them to fix things and to make drastic changes then don't buy their merchandise.

haha nice weed analogy! i agree with about 95% of what everyone's saying about the game.. yeah it sucks there are some major issues, but at the same time we have to be realistic.. To be honest, i highly doubt the suits really play the games their grunts make nor do they really care. most of those guys and gals are just smart and savvy businessmen and women. Bad thing with games like ncaa and madden, is that they HAVE to come out each and every year like clockwork BEFORE the seasons start.. with such a short timeframe to make a game, these programmers and developers are given a set amount of cash, with the timeframe taken into account, to make a game to come out in july or august... so i am sure its not just based on what game or whose making it, but they account their budgets into how long its in developement as well.. look at games like GTA4, MGS4, and Halo 3.. they were in developement for YEARS and cost millions to create.. its like being in a band.. the label gives you xxx amount of dollars, you take that cash and utilize it the best you can.. sometimes you have to sacrifice a good drum kit for some better production at the studio..or taking the van instead of having that new les paul.... and with us being in the so called "golden age" of gaming, profits are sky high and these suits are making record profits.. kinda sounds like the oil market, doesnt it?? with all that said, i'm still going to buy these games year after year.. I have to.. i love football too much to not be able to play it on my gaming consoles.. its almost to the point for my generation, growing up on tecmo bowl, that nfl video game football is as much of a past time as anything else... only thing i can hope for, is that the guys making the game, do it to the best of their abilities.. if it sucks, i'll trade it in for something else.. i have a slew of titles i can play on until gears of war 2 comes out

# 643 stoncold32 @ 07/24/08 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
WOW!!!!!!!! You're on fire here:

When I first read this I thought you were going a little over the top but I went back and read it a second time and I have to admit that I agree with most of what you are saying.

I'm not here to bash EA. I really appreciate the EA guys for coming on here and not hiding from the problem. I think they know they have a HUGE problem on their hands with 09' and I'm glad they will at least attempt to fix it.
Thanks man. Here is the issue though, someone posted on here that between the two systems PS3 & 360, this game in its first week sold upwards of 400,000 copies. That's not counting PS2, Wii, PSP if I'm correct. It's safe to say that this game sold half a mil its first week, which given the prices of these games today, that's ALOT of money for EA. Just as they expected, everything went off without a hitch on the profit end....however not so much on the user end.

I'm willing to bet a large number of those people who bought this game and see the problems know NOTHING about this site, ncaastrategies, or any of teh other sites. They know nothing about upcoming patches...they may do a minor search to find rosters, but that's about it. They may not even be connected to XBL or PSN. They simply turn the game on, play it(probably get frustrated like a lot of us), but accept it for what it is b/c it's an EA product and it has alot of bells & whistles.

# 644 janglar @ 07/24/08 02:09 AM
Crossing my fingers and toes, saying a couple hail marys, rubbing Bhudda's tummy and hoping the roster patch comes out in a week! (Yellow happy face doing the Dennis the Menace prayer to God before bedtime)

# 645 TMoney8805 @ 07/24/08 02:27 AM
Man this is getting crazy...

You guys are expecting this game to be absolutely perfect. It never has been and it never will be. There will always be issues with the game no matter what. We just gotta get it to be the best it can and be satisfied. No reason to be pissed off when most of this stuff aint gonna be fixed. Holla at me...

# 646 bukeyez @ 07/24/08 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
guys, this thread has gone from informative, to bad, to ridiculous, to now boarderline pathetic.

This is supposed to be an informative thread on the patches. People come to this thread in hopes to find information on when the patch might be available and what it may contain. Instead, they are finding all this nonsense. Hell, we've got guys starting new threads in the forum asking questions that they should easily find in here, but they can't. This thread has become hijacked by people bashing EA, complaining about the issues that we've heard over and over and over again. We get it. The game has issues. People are upset. I completely understand people's frustration.

And then we have guys making comments that it would be nice if Adam would give some information. Or it would be nice if a gameplay guy came in here. If you were them would you? And even if they did, how would you find the info they post?

Guys, this has got to stop. This thread is for discussion about the patch, its arrival, what it contains, and updates from Adam, Ian, or whomever else from EA. This is not a thread to bash the game, the developers, or EA. So lets gets back to what this thread was meant for and knock off the rest of the crap that isn't necessary in this thread. People shouldn't have to sift through countless posts of this other nonsense to find the info they are looking for.
I agree 100%. But, your asking people to have common sense and I don't know if that is possible.

# 647 Semnoles9399 @ 07/24/08 03:22 AM
I just want to know if the server or whatever is going to be fixed. I mean I'll be playng a game and its running smooth and just out of the blue it freeze up and I'm disconnected from the server. I really hope they can at lease tone it down a little.

# 648 Anti Honor @ 07/24/08 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoney8805
Man this is getting crazy...

You guys are expecting this game to be absolutely perfect. It never has been and it never will be. There will always be issues with the game no matter what. We just gotta get it to be the best it can and be satisfied. No reason to be pissed off when most of this stuff aint gonna be fixed. Holla at me...
Expecting the game to be perfect? No.
Expecting the sliders to actually work? Yes.

What can I say? I'm picky as hell, and hard to please.

# 649 TMoney8805 @ 07/24/08 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
Crossing my fingers and toes, saying a couple hail marys, rubbing Bhudda's tummy and hoping the roster patch comes out in a week! (Yellow happy face doing the Dennis the Menace prayer to God before bedtime)
Good luck with that buddy...

# 650 jpringle @ 07/24/08 07:56 AM
Quote:
guys, this thread has gone from informative, to bad, to ridiculous, to now boarderline pathetic.

This is supposed to be an informative thread on the patches. People come to this thread in hopes to find information on when the patch might be available and what it may contain. Instead, they are finding all this nonsense. Hell, we've got guys starting new threads in the forum asking questions that they should easily find in here, but they can't. This thread has become hijacked by people bashing EA, complaining about the issues that we've heard over and over and over again. We get it. The game has issues. People are upset. I completely understand people's frustration.

And then we have guys making comments that it would be nice if Adam would give some information. Or it would be nice if a gameplay guy came in here. If you were them would you? And even if they did, how would you find the info they post?

Guys, this has got to stop. This thread is for discussion about the patch, its arrival, what it contains, and updates from Adam, Ian, or whomever else from EA. This is not a thread to bash the game, the developers, or EA. So lets gets back to what this thread was meant for and knock off the rest of the crap that isn't necessary in this thread. People shouldn't have to sift through countless posts of this other nonsense to find the info they are looking for.
I say close this thread down & let Adam message one of the moderators when he has info & the moderator can post it in a locked thread.

This is getting out of hand.

# 651 countryboy @ 07/24/08 08:01 AM
Quote:

Wow!

Appearently some people don't read all the posts in a thread before they post or they read this and chose to ignore it. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that people didn't read this so I am going to post this one more time in hopes that people will stop cluttering this thread with useless information that has nothing to do with a patch.

Guys, if your posts in nothing more than to bash EA or complain about the gameplay, post it in either the "Gameplay issues" thread or the "Impressions" thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE PATCH AND NOT TO DISCUSS YOUR ISSUES WITH GAMEPLAY OR EA!!!

If need be, posts will be deleted that are off topic and if need be, infractions will be handed out. There are plenty of threads in which to choose to display your frustration with the game, BUT THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM!!!

# 652 callmetaternuts @ 07/24/08 08:19 AM
Latest info we had was Adam said first patch would probably be out beginning of August-ish (few more days). This will fix the roster glitch and allow people to actually edit rosters without crashing

Online dynasty is not a patch, its fixed ont he server side and he said that should be done last night or tonight most likely. This will clean out the nonsense in the EA lockers and allow you to save your dynasty online and get back into it.

The rumored second patch has an ETA of September, but that is subject to change. It will encompass a few fixes on exlpoits (apparently there is a recruiting exlpoit), and kick returns/punt returns. All of this is subject to change. Stuff could be added or taken out, and the time could change.

There, now the latest post has patch info.

# 653 FORMULA316 @ 07/24/08 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Latest info we had was Adam said first patch would probably be out beginning of August-ish (few more days). This will fix the roster glitch and allow people to actually edit rosters without crashing

Online dynasty is not a patch, its fixed ont he server side and he said that should be done last night or tonight most likely. This will clean out the nonsense in the EA lockers and allow you to save your dynasty online and get back into it.

The rumored second patch has an ETA of September, but that is subject to change. It will encompass a few fixes on exlpoits (apparently there is a recruiting exlpoit), and kick returns/punt returns. All of this is subject to change. Stuff could be added or taken out, and the time could change.

The 1st announcement was the patch would be out in 5-10 days,
clearing MS certification of course. OMT mentioned this on the
16; "August-ish" goes well beyond that.

When is the 1st patch going to be released, period?

# 654 callmetaternuts @ 07/24/08 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMULA316
The 1st announcement was the patch would be out in 5-10 days,
clearing MS certification of course. OMT mentioned this on the
16; "August-ish" goes well beyond that.

When is the 1st patch going to be released, period?
He has said NUMEROUS times that he can't make any guarantees. They have to develop it, then test it, then sent it to central control, then to Sony an Microsoft. Once it goes to Sony and MS (which it has) its out of their hands. Sony and MS could hold it up for weeks if the wanted. His estimate of 5-10 days was an ESTIMATE. Only Son y and MS at this point have an idea as to when it will be completely done.

And August-ish (if we assume Aug 1) would be 8 days past his estimate. Its not like Adam carved it in stone and said i 100% guarantee it will be out on this day. He didnt develop it, he didnt test it, he didnt take it to MS or Sony, he doesnt work for MS and Sony, he can only tell us what he has been told or knows

# 655 FORMULA316 @ 07/24/08 09:28 AM
Ah yes, forgive me for not staying on top of this think-tank / symposium:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, the initial 5-10 days was what we thought originally. Turns out not to be the case. This is why I am VERY hesitant to give dates. That whole 5-10 days thing was posted all over the intrawebs, so people are expecting it any day now.

I guess there is just a lot of video games going through certification right now, so we are now estimating a 15 day lead time on patches. I think this roster bug patch is going to be out in the first week of August, which is a bummer. Sorry guys.

# 656 Phobia @ 07/24/08 09:36 AM
Quote:
Wow!

Appearently some people don't read all the posts in a thread before they post or they read this and chose to ignore it. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt that people didn't read this so I am going to post this one more time in hopes that people will stop cluttering this thread with useless information that has nothing to do with a patch.

Guys, if your posts in nothing more than to bash EA or complain about the gameplay, post it in either the "Gameplay issues" thread or the "Impressions" thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE PATCH AND NOT TO DISCUSS YOUR ISSUES WITH GAMEPLAY OR EA!!!

If need be, posts will be deleted that are off topic and if need be, infractions will be handed out. There are plenty of threads in which to choose to display your frustration with the game, BUT THIS ISN'T ONE OF THEM!!!
Sup country

I understand what you are doing (ya mod duties ) But this thread along about the patch has ZERO info. 5-10 days we should have it, that is it.

The community is going nuts with all these gameplay problems. I am sure you understand. We just want some kind of responce. So I am going to make a gameplay thread

Later brother

# 657 fishepa @ 07/24/08 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_a_double_k
Sorry to get tooo far off topic, but WHO is that in your avatar AuburnAlumni?
It's Charlotte Church.

# 658 countryboy @ 07/24/08 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Sup country

I understand what you are doing (ya mod duties ) But this thread along about the patch has ZERO info. 5-10 days we should have it, that is it.

The community is going nuts with all these gameplay problems. I am sure you understand. We just want some kind of responce. So I am going to make a gameplay thread

Later brother
Zero info?

I understand the frustration, but how is turning a Patch Annnoucement thread, that was put in place to provide information, into another gameplay issues thread going to achieve getting patch info faster?

Again, people who have questions about the patch shouldn't have to sift thru all of this other stuff to get that info.

And there is no need to start another gameplay thread. You have 3 to choose from, I'd say thats plenty.

# 659 ehh @ 07/24/08 09:45 AM
Since there is pretty much limited info about the patch, it probably would be a good idea for a mod to make a one-post sticky and lock it up regarding the patch.

That way things won't get cluttered, all the info for the patch will be in the same place and easy to find.

# 660 callmetaternuts @ 07/24/08 09:47 AM
Quote:
Zero info?

I understand the frustration, but how is turning a Patch Annnoucement thread, that was put in place to provide information, into another gameplay issues thread going to achieve getting patch info faster?

Again, people who have questions about the patch shouldn't have to sift thru all of this other stuff to get that info.

And there is no need to start another gameplay thread. You have 3 to choose from, I'd say thats plenty.
Whoops, i posted in the new thread, feel free to delete or ignore (my bad).

The post info can be located one page back in a post i made, that is the most up to date info we have at this point.

See Below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callmetaternuts

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.