Home
News Post

2K Sports contacted us about the NBA 2K9 Features List and gave us an update. Just a few slight changes. Check it out and let us know your thoughts. We were promised a lot more information in the coming weeks, keep an eye out for it.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 theming @ 07/19/08 05:57 PM
official 2k9 Cover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c--xMbk0fJM

# 102 TMagic @ 07/19/08 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theming
That has not been reported to be the official cover. Someone made that. It says so on the website that posted it.

# 103 SimBaller @ 07/19/08 06:38 PM
That is not the cover.

The cover is very fitting this year, I love it.

# 104 jyoung @ 07/19/08 08:13 PM
Some nice promises here, especially the part about the AI cutting/picking/posting up on offense without being told via a predetermined play. That is the one thing I have always hated about the offense in this game: your teammates stand around and do nothing unless you call a set play.

It's also funny to see 2K steeling from EA for a change with the additions of 5 vs. 5 online play and the whole "DNA" thing. Competition is a beautiful thing.

# 105 lebronze james @ 07/19/08 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
That is not the cover.

The cover is very fitting this year, I love it.
You work there? Why do you guys think it's a good idea to have menus that don't load when you launch the game? Are there a lot of players who like to just launch the game but don't actually want to play it?

# 106 DakkoN @ 07/19/08 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebronze james
You work there? Why do you guys think it's a good idea to have menus that don't load when you launch the game? Are there a lot of players who like to just launch the game but don't actually want to play it?
Name 5 games that isn't named Grand Theft Auto that takes you straight to the game without having a title screen. Why should the NBA series be any different?

# 107 Da_Czar @ 07/19/08 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

MY MAN LEBRONZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don;t know WHY you encourage him........but you know I was just thinking what happend to lebronze.....Well now I know ... he's still pissed about the dam startup screen. Hilarious !!!

# 108 MakaveliLPC @ 07/19/08 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebronze james
whatsup. im one of them

# 109 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/19/08 09:10 PM
Ah man I can't wait for 5 on 5. I'm a beast point guard with sick defense. I'm bringing home some rings!

# 110 theming @ 07/19/08 09:18 PM
The gameplay is what counts. I want the game to feel different each time I play a team in the Association. This is what matters. I like to play on the hardest level also. I can expect to see another Lakers Celts int he finals but this time itll be different. Imagine playing five on five on-line. You are Kobe. Your team mates have cleared the way for you to take Paul Pierce to the hoop for a jumper or whatever. This 5 on 5 thing will be great for hard core players. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

# 111 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/19/08 09:21 PM
no doubt. imagine when squads start getting good online. those games that come down to the last shot are gonna be intense as hell.

# 112 DC @ 07/19/08 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
If I'm not mistaken, Clark Kellogg did the commentary in NBA Starting Five 2005, and he did a GREAT job!

Listen to him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrZ1Se6Cq-U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrEoxKYr5kY
@ Those dunks in that game. They are funny though

The faces were decent on that game too

# 113 Behindshadows @ 07/19/08 10:19 PM
Quote:
@ Those dunks in that game. They are funny though

The faces were decent on that game too
Why you laugh I'm kind of shocked. That game looked better than the NBA 09 players models on PS3. And that's a past gen console game. Not to mention the animations were pretty damn good. I slept on that game.

Look at this video someone made mimicking the 2008 playoffs on starting five.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YES2G3EtPg&feature=related

# 114 jmood88 @ 07/19/08 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Name 5 games that isn't named Grand Theft Auto that takes you straight to the game without having a title screen. Why should the NBA series be any different?
I asked him that last year and he still hasn't answered.

# 115 theming @ 07/19/08 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Main reason why you aren't going to see alot of 5 on 5 games available. Only organized games will take place and even those will require people who are willing to share roles and not hog one player all the time. Otherwise everyone is going to want to be Kobe.
Dude, if you are a team player and you have a squad of Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Kobe, and Fisher. I dont mind being either of them because I know how to play the game. I played in high school and college and I am hard core at this game. If there is 10 secs on the clock and I am Kobe, I should have the ball in my hands and if my team mates want to win they would know to put the ball in the hands of the man with the master plan which is Kobe.

I am a team player for those of you who be on PS3. If we were 5 on 5 and I had the ball with Kobe, I would drive and hope the defence crashes and kick out to a open Fisher or Sasha IF, IF I couldnt get the shot off. While driving to the lane I would need Bynum and Gasol some what away from the basket until the shot went up in hopes of crashing the boards hard in case the shot didnt fall. I am all about winning and getting everyone involved in some sort a way.

# 116 trobinson97 @ 07/20/08 12:08 AM
Lol, that post does not give me good thoughts.

# 117 TMagic @ 07/20/08 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theming
If there is 10 secs on the clock and I am Kobe, I should have the ball in my hands and if my team mates want to win they would know to put the ball in the hands of the man with the master plan which is Kobe.
I'm sorry but that part made me snicker...lol

# 118 espn2k5nfl @ 07/20/08 12:17 AM
i hope they put some effort into the ps2 version just as long as they fix up the online and maybe kenny im ******** smith

# 119 Parasight @ 07/20/08 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagic_01
I'm sorry but that part made me snicker...lol
It's all part of the plan!

# 120 OSUFan_88 @ 07/20/08 01:35 AM
Quote:
I am calling it now. Whoever is on my team, I don't have en ego. I will controll DeSegana Diop, Dampier, Turiaf, Maxiell, or any non scoring player. I will rebound ansd hustle and set screens. I don't need the ball. I am a team player.
I'll be the jackass shooting it every chance I get. You can call me Zach Randolph if you'd like.

PS3 5-5 is going to be badass.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.