Home
News Post

IGN has posted a article called NCAA 09 Season Simulation.

Quote:
"While we tend to notice that most games merely spit out the previous year's outcome in these sort of simulations by virtue of being built based upon what happened last year, college sports tend to be the exception because of the roster churn that goes on from year-to-year."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Matt Diesel @ 07/23/08 04:05 PM
Pitt, 11-1. Thats about right.

# 22 TallyBoi7 @ 07/23/08 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhound
I'm not sure if it's the writer that got things wrong or the simulation that's screwed up (fingers crossed it's the writer). According to the article UF and Tennessee played in the SEC championship game, which is impossible as they're both out of the SEC East. Also, the article says Florida won the SEC championship, which would give it an automatic BCS bowl bid. However, Auburn is listed in the Sugar Bowl while the Gators are nowhere to be found in the BCS Bowl table.
WOW...gotta be the writer.

# 23 TheGamingChef @ 07/23/08 04:32 PM
This writer probably has no idea what he's talking about; he probably just simmed the whole season, went to the SEC list of teams finishes, and saw Florida and Tennessee at the top.

I do have to give a huge LOL at zero SEC teams in the top ten... man that'd be a great day to see.

# 24 jujuhound @ 07/23/08 04:59 PM
Not exactly on topic, but this thread seemed closest.

My first completed season featured the perennial powerhouse Ball St. vs. BYU in the National Championship. Ball St. won making it only the second win over a team with a winning record all year. I really hope this is an unusual occurrence.

# 25 janglar @ 07/24/08 02:57 PM
Who's got the latest, up to the minute scoop on the release of the roster patch?

# 26 GatorFan1963 @ 07/24/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhound
I'm not sure if it's the writer that got things wrong or the simulation that's screwed up (fingers crossed it's the writer). According to the article UF and Tennessee played in the SEC championship game, which is impossible as they're both out of the SEC East. Also, the article says Florida won the SEC championship, which would give it an automatic BCS bowl bid. However, Auburn is listed in the Sugar Bowl while the Gators are nowhere to be found in the BCS Bowl table.
I was just about to say that very thing.

Edit: The only way this could even make sense is if he is saying that UF and UT had identical SEC records and UF went to the SEC Championship game by virtue of their win against UT in the regular season. However, UF lost against AU in the SEC Championship game.

# 27 nightcreeper @ 07/24/08 04:19 PM
finally my badgers won the bcs go wisconsin

# 28 es0090 @ 07/24/08 04:28 PM
No TCU? I could have sworn EA was partial to them or something. In 08' everytime I started a new dynasty they would go undefeated or 1 loss, and would'nt you know it, my first dynasty in 09' there undefeated with 3 to play. I guess my console brings the best out of the Horned Frogs

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.