Home
Madden 09 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some videos from the Madden NFL 09 demo.

Quote:
"From the amount of time I’ve spent with the demo so far it is clearly from an older build than what was played at the Community Event. Apparently it is from an early April build and the one coming next week will be more recent. So not only are there visual differences (no camera flashes for example) but it doesn’t play as sharp as it did in late May. The Madden IQ doesn’t seem to be nearly as forgiving either, as I struggled just to pull in Pro ratings with the demo while at the event I had All-Pro on every one except pass defense. Still it does a decent enough job presenting the overall feel of the game outside of the absent commentary which takes a big part of the atmosphere away."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 maddenps2 @ 07/25/08 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm excited for the game. We know a lot has been changed in the game since this build. I probably won't even play the demo, as to not jade myself. At least it moves at a more realistic pace than NCAA. Man, I'd love for the demo to have just normal gameplay. That way the AI wouldn't be skewed for the 2-minute drill. But I'll have my CE in a few weeks, so I'm good.
Why wouldn't you play the demo via Xbox Live. That demo will basically be the final build. I don't know I guess I'm getting old. To me 90 dollars is alot of money and I'd like to see if the product is worth the money before I just toss it at it.

# 22 BrianFifaFan @ 07/25/08 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Why wouldn't you play the demo via Xbox Live. That demo will basically be the final build. I don't know I guess I'm getting old. To me 90 dollars is alot of money and I'd like to see if the product is worth the money before I just toss it at it.
My understanding is that the demo on XBL will be the same as this one that was on the DVD. That's from an early April build before the tackling tweaks and I don't want to jade myself seeing flaws that have since been changed. And it isn't that long until the game ships. I'll just play Fifa08 until then. Would've played NCAA but it's broke, and it's worth 40 bones for trade on Madden and that'll pay for my HC game. So I'm good......

# 23 SoxFan01605 @ 07/25/08 08:46 PM
I'll probably play the demo when it comes on live/PSN, but it's not going to change my decision. The only way I can truly get a feel for things is to actually play around with it...which means it will be a rental. I was almost tempted to buy just because of the packaging with head coach (very intriguing game) but I'll just take the "wait and see" approach.

# 24 xV3L0CiTY @ 07/25/08 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'll probably play the demo when it comes on live/PSN, but it's not going to change my decision. The only way I can truly get a feel for things is to actually play around with it...which means it will be a rental. I was almost tempted to buy just because of the packaging with head coach (very intriguing game) but I'll just take the "wait and see" approach.
Agreed.

After NCAA I'm almost forced to rent before I make my final decision (I luckily rented NCAA too).

I have it pre-ordered but I'm thinking about canceling it and renting it first.

# 25 SoxFan01605 @ 07/26/08 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY
Agreed.

After NCAA I'm almost forced to rent before I make my final decision (I luckily rented NCAA too).

I have it pre-ordered but I'm thinking about canceling it and renting it first.
Yeah, I rented NCAA also. Not as bad as many here have made it out to be, but I just can't get into it the same as pro football (though I played NCAA more when it had create-a-school....HINT HINT EA). If both Madden and Head Coach turn out to be at least solid, then the CE will be a great deal...so, we'll see.

# 26 dukerock12 @ 07/26/08 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
I agree
I will not take a Madden game seriously until I see a DB tracking the football like in real life...Are these players super saiyans or something? Tell me what DB in real life makes a amazing defensive play on the ball without turning to peek at the ball not even once?

I also notice that the DB's have mr. fantastic arms when they're running...
It's also inexplicable that we're in 09 and there's absolutely NO QB pocket....!!!
How long do we have to wait to see one? Madden 2045>>>?
Eli does move too fast . He's Michael Vick now?? *shakes head*

yes, if you didnt know jason seahorn was actually vegeta. and i swear that champ bailey is nappa. anything is possible.

# 27 maddenps2 @ 07/26/08 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
My understanding is that the demo on XBL will be the same as this one that was on the DVD. That's from an early April build before the tackling tweaks and I don't want to jade myself seeing flaws that have since been changed. And it isn't that long until the game ships. I'll just play Fifa08 until then. Would've played NCAA but it's broke, and it's worth 40 bones for trade on Madden and that'll pay for my HC game. So I'm good......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze
The demos to be released early August are from a near-final build of the game.
Incorrect, the August Demo will be "near-final build", Straight from Phil.

# 28 freshboogie @ 07/28/08 05:59 PM
im glad that this is coming out because madden 08 on ps3 was 4r all the glichrs i mean i had a dude i was cool with tell me if your a real madden player you should adjust 2 a glich lol

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.