Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted some information on NCAA Football 09 patch #2.

Quote:
"The roster editing patch is currently in certification at Microsoft and Sony. There is no specific day the patch will be approved and pushed out but it should not be too long now, possibly by the end of next week.

The second patch, which is intended to improve different gameplay elements, is still in the evaluation period. Right now a reasonable expectation on when this patch will arrive is September. So far it will include fixes to sliders, improvements to kick/punt return coverage, and various tuning to areas such as zone coverages, man vs RBs, and strafe catching. There will be more included in the patch but as of now those are the things that are confirmed."

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bkrich83 @ 07/25/08 05:14 PM
Pasta Padre is normally pretty reliable for this type of information. He just adds a EA party line slant to most of his stuff.

# 2 Matt Diesel @ 07/25/08 05:18 PM
Confirmed, huh. That is a good start. If that stuff is truly fixed, and I mean truly, this game will make a 180 turn.

# 3 bwiggy33 @ 07/25/08 05:24 PM
Damn since the second patch isn't out until Septmeber it's going to be hard to decide if I want to trade this game in for Madden and save 40$ or take a shot at the patch making this game great but spending 60$ on Madden. Plus I'm going to buy NHL 09 in September and thats another 60$. Tough decision!

# 4 jpringle @ 07/25/08 05:24 PM
this thread will be hijacked with complaints soon & then this will have 2 be locked. Sad but true.

# 5 bkrich83 @ 07/25/08 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Damn since the second patch isn't out until Septmeber it's going to be hard to decide if I want to trade this game in for Madden and save 40$ or take a shot at the patch making this game great but spending 60$ on Madden. Plus I'm going to buy NHL 09 in September and thats another 60$. Tough decision!
I'll be honest, I anticipate Head Coach taking up most of my football gaming time come September.

# 6 RAZRr1275 @ 07/25/08 05:27 PM
Sounding good. Can't wait until the roster patch and september.

# 7 bkrich83 @ 07/25/08 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
rofl
Not a joke. And if that doesn't do it for me, I'll play BBCF or FOF.

# 8 Seahawk76 @ 07/25/08 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to be all over NHL 09 in September and unless neither Madden 09 or NFL Head Coach grab me, there's not going to be any time for NCAA 09. Thinking about trading it in.

# 9 bwiggy33 @ 07/25/08 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to be all over NHL 09 in September and unless neither Madden 09 or NFL Head Coach grab me, there's not going to be any time for NCAA 09. Thinking about trading it in.
NHL 09 is gonna be the shiz! I'm really looking forward to madden to. I have a feeling this may be the best Madden in a while. Just from looking at some of the gameplay vids and what not. I'm really psyched for it.

I'm thinking I'm gonna trade in NCAA for 40$ towards Madden. Then use my Bestbuy Rewards which is 25$ for NHL. I'll save quite a bit of money. This is the absolute worst time for money though as the best games of the year come out at this time. As much as I want to buy the Special addition of Madden it's just too much money for me.

# 10 droc81yo @ 07/25/08 06:07 PM
I really don't know much about the Video Game process, so this may sound naive, but don't companies like EA beta test their games before they come out? Alot of these same issues were present at community day from what I understand.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but why didn't they fix the problems originally? Were they just ignored in order to make the ship date? Do they play their games before they ship them?

Just curious, because I play a game like the SHOW, then play this and they are worlds apart.

# 11 Solidice @ 07/25/08 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droc81yo
I really don't know much about the Video Game process, so this may sound naive, but don't companies like EA beta test their games before they come out? Alot of these same issues were present at community day from what I understand.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but why didn't they fix the problems originally? Were they just ignored in order to make the ship date? Do they play their games before they ship them?

Just curious, because I play a game like the SHOW, then play this and they are worlds apart.
i think the game was in "final code" during the community day event, so no changes could be made. it had to go through all the certification processes needed to be released.

annual titles don't normally get delayed. games get released with known bugs in them a lot. i know there are plenty of PC games that had patches on or near the day of their release to fix issues that was found but couldn't get on game before final testing/certification time came along. its not anything new, just the way things happen. unfortunately, console games seems to be harder to patch as they don't happen very often like PC games.

# 12 countryboy @ 07/25/08 06:35 PM
September would be earlier than most expected.

# 13 Ziza9Noles94 @ 07/25/08 06:35 PM
This is good news. It would coincide with the start of the actual CFB season as well. Hope it's true.

# 14 TylerDurdenVol @ 07/25/08 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Pasta Padre is normally pretty reliable for this type of information. He just adds a EA party line slant to most of his stuff.

If you read his online dynasty article he is pretty rough on EA.JMO I like the information Pasta provides.

# 15 xV3L0CiTY @ 07/25/08 06:40 PM
September?

I'm not surprised...wouldn't be surprised if it was December.

Luckily I rented NCAA 09.

I personally don't care. I will be playing Madden 09 (hopefully, if it lives up to the hype).

# 16 KG @ 07/25/08 06:51 PM
September is a long time away. I'd imagine a lot of people putting this game on the shelf, especially with Madden coming out relatively soon.

They better hope that On-line dynasty feature gets fixed pronto so people can make it through.

# 17 ucas005 @ 07/25/08 06:55 PM
The sooner the better for me because once NHL 09 hits the shelves NCAA is on my shelf ... still this is very encouraging news and sounds like improvements that could very well put this game on my great list at least I hope because I skipped out on 08 and I don't think I can stomach another year of playing 07.

# 18 callmetaternuts @ 07/25/08 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
If all of those things are done correctly and nothing else breaks, the game will be AMAZING.
Fixed

# 19 The GIGGAS @ 07/25/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
unfortunately, console games seems to be harder to patch as they don't happen very often like PC games.
Not difficult, expensive. M$, I believe, doesn't want consoles to basically be PCs where you have to keep patching over and over again, so they charge for patches after the first, I believe. That being said, I love college football, more than NFL, especially in vidja game form.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd patch, if that means anything to anyone.

# 20 ASB37 @ 07/25/08 07:32 PM
September will be filled with madden and head coach for me....looks like ncaa is going bye bye.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.