Home
News Post

Member Comments
# 21 Netherscourge @ 07/29/08 12:32 PM
Wow - the gameplay seems a lot faster thenthe last video I saw.

I guess this is a better video feed?

# 22 the decider13 @ 07/29/08 12:47 PM
I'll take this video as confirming they arent going to tone down the camera flashes?

Not bad...not a ton of gameplay in the video, but a giant leap over 08 as far as I can tell.

I'm sure we will love it, as long as we dont all have seizures from te camera flashes.

# 23 Harlemal @ 07/29/08 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I have to agree with you. everytime I read that someone says the 09 looks like 08 all I can do is question if they have poor eye sight, and I am truely serious in saying that.

I strongly encourage all who think 09 looks like 08 to download the demo this friday, if after seeing that on a high def TV you still think it looks like 08 I will pay for you to get your eyes checked.
LOL you ain lyin Fam.

# 24 ausar72 @ 07/29/08 01:18 PM
Looks good.

Hammonds is starting to sound to me a bit like Pat Summerall from back in the day...

I like the short dreads on #29 at the end of the vid. I's about time they added that back to the game. I just hope (which I doubt) that you can edit the hairstyles, because in previous iterations they would put these super long dreads on players who have never worn them. Took away from the game.

# 25 SoxFan01605 @ 07/29/08 02:18 PM
^^^see what he did there?...lol

# 26 broncos24 @ 07/29/08 02:19 PM
looks like i missed the video

# 27 broncos24 @ 07/29/08 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
^^^see what he did there?...lol
no what did he do

# 28 leo2k2ndc @ 07/29/08 03:56 PM
Im in Love, I want to take it HOME NOW!!!

# 29 swaldo @ 07/29/08 04:13 PM
Not sure if the gameplay was "solid" in the first clip. There were 3 plays total. During the first one Miami's TE burned the NYJ safety who was asleep at the wheel - then dropped a perfectly thrown pass wide open about 15-20 yards down the field. Now that could be a good thing because dropped passes are realistic of course but thought I'd mention it.

In the 2nd play Miami's left guard failed to pick up a blitzing linebacker heading right towards him. Instead, he rotated left so the LB sailed right in and nailed the QB in 1.5 seconds while he was in the middle of a play action animation. Even with the QB's back turned to him he somehow missed the tackle and the QB ended up scambling for no gain (and the LB had a brick wall weapon.)

The 3rd play looked good but ended with an awkward looking catch on the sideline. On a 3rd and long the WR was crossing the field nicely positioned to catch the ball for a first down. He had to fight the CB for the ball so he ended up coming in a few yards to make the catch then went out of bounds so it ended up 4th and 2. Kind of mixed feelings here - it was cool because the WR fought for the ball and got the completion, but I just hate it when they charge in to make catches thus losing yards instead of waiting for the ball to come to their hands. In this play I don't know if he would've caught it if he waited so perhaps it's not so bad. The OL/DL interaction didn't look so hot either, with Miami's right tackle sliding left and right looking for someone to block like a robot - it just makes you cringe.

With that said I loved the graphics and the pass camera is nice (so you can see the whole field.) Some of the negatives I mentioned may be a moot point anyway because they could've been playing on the weakest AI setting.

# 30 Rawdeal28 @ 07/29/08 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Not sure if the gameplay was "solid" in the first clip. There were 3 plays total. During the first one Miami's TE burned the NYJ safety who was asleep at the wheel - then dropped a perfectly thrown pass wide open about 15-20 yards down the field. Now that could be a good thing because dropped passes are realistic of course but thought I'd mention it.

In the 2nd play Miami's left guard failed to pick up a blitzing linebacker heading right towards him. Instead, he rotated left so the LB sailed right in and nailed the QB in 1.5 seconds while he was in the middle of a play action animation. Even with the QB's back turned to him he somehow missed the tackle and the QB ended up scambling for no gain (and the LB had a brick wall weapon.)

The 3rd play looked good but ended with an awkward looking catch on the sideline. On a 3rd and long the WR was crossing the field nicely positioned to catch the ball for a first down. He had to fight the CB for the ball so he ended up coming in a few yards to make the catch then went out of bounds so it ended up 4th and 2. Kind of mixed feelings here - it was cool because the WR fought for the ball and got the completion, but I just hate it when they charge in to make catches thus losing yards instead of waiting for the ball to come to their hands. In this play I don't know if he would've caught it if he waited so perhaps it's not so bad. The OL/DL interaction didn't look so hot either, with Miami's right tackle sliding left and right looking for someone to block like a robot - it just makes you cringe.

With that said I loved the graphics and the pass camera is nice (so you can see the whole field.) Some of the negatives I mentioned may be a moot point anyway because they could've been playing on the weakest AI setting.
what do u do? watch the video in slo-mo? jesus christ!

# 31 Nza @ 07/29/08 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I'm sorry, and please don't be insulted by this, but how can anyone say it looks like Madden 08??? I mean to me its night and day.
I meant from a gameplay POV. The intros, the lighting etc is nice but if the game doesn't play differently, those won't stay fresh for long. Not that this video proves 09 isn't better in this regard, I just don't see it in that video. What parts do you see that make the gameplay between the two night and day?

# 32 countryboy @ 07/29/08 09:55 PM
I can't believe that we are 4 pages into this thread, and PJ hasn't made one single mention that at the end of the video, the Browns score a TD on my beloved Raiders.

Other than that little glitch in the game, it looks fantastic.

# 33 HuskAir @ 07/29/08 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I can't believe that we are 4 pages into this thread, and PJ hasn't made one single mention that at the end of the video, the Browns score a TD on my beloved Raiders.

I was hoping for Fabian to pick it off and run it back 107 yards Dang glitches...nothing a patch can't fix.

# 34 Nza @ 07/29/08 10:14 PM
As for the new video in the original post now (i.e. not the Jets/Dolphins one), I swear could they have picked a worse bunch of gameplay outtakes? I was struggling to see one play they showed that wasn't weird or akward in any way. They just showed a bunch of single man tackles with extra defenders sliding/bouncing off, and unnatural looking catches like the last Winslow TD one where he catches it facing the wrong way. Or like the play where Palmer throws a quick out to the right in the snow and the receiver is brought down quickly with the same tackle that's been in the series since 05 last gen or so and extra defenders coming in can do nothing at all to alter the tackle. Not only was it a terrible clip to put in, but it specifically goes against 09's apparent 'no animation is ever over as soon as it starts' system.

# 35 PVarck31 @ 07/29/08 10:15 PM
Quote:

HAHA! the Brownies scored on the Raiders

# 36 countryboy @ 07/29/08 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
HAHA! the Brownies scored on the Raiders
ehh, we let you score..

# 37 SoxFan01605 @ 07/29/08 10:22 PM
Quote:
ehh, we let you score..
lol...the one thing the Raiders are good at

# 38 countryboy @ 07/29/08 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...the one thing the Raiders are good at

Hey, at least we are good at something.

# 39 CarryTheWeight @ 07/30/08 04:32 PM
One question pertaining to replays...isn't EA Sports World in Madden this year? I didn't see an option to take a screenshot during the video's brief jump into replay mode. Maybe it's just the size of the video that's making it hard to see, but I can't see the option myself.

# 40 Agame @ 07/30/08 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I meant from a gameplay POV. The intros, the lighting etc is nice but if the game doesn't play differently, those won't stay fresh for long. Not that this video proves 09 isn't better in this regard, I just don't see it in that video. What parts do you see that make the gameplay between the two night and day?
Your CORRECT AGAIN NZA!........the gameplay LOOKED more like Madden 08 in spots. Several other 09 video's have shown better GAMEPLAY.

This video showed some "weak" gameplay, glad the other 09 video's that I have seen the gameplay looked alot tighter.

GRAPHICS & Lighting are much improved in 09 vrs 08.............

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.