Home
News Post

Patch #1 is available for NCAA Football 09.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 561 RAZRr1275 @ 08/15/08 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatfootball
CDJ posted on ncaastrategies that his file is safe with no or limited edits. So, basically the patch didn't fix any pre-patched rosters. There not fixed if we can only edit to certain extent.
cdj's roster was started up to 116 teams just like mine pre patch.

# 562 OMT @ 08/15/08 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
cdj's roster was started up to 116 teams just like mine pre patch.
If you are getting the FIU bug after the patch, that means your roster was corrupted in some way. You just hadn't seen it because you didn't expose it until after the patch.

# 563 nstod @ 08/15/08 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It was already stated that the patch would NOT fix any rosters.
Yes, but it was only stated about 25 times, so I don't blame him for missing it.

# 564 Gatfootball @ 08/15/08 03:20 PM
Quote:
It was already stated that the patch would NOT fix any rosters.
No it was stated that the roster patch wouldn't fix any pre-patch rosters that had been corrupt already. CDJ only edited team names, nothing else. OMT even said his should be ok.

# 565 Pared @ 08/15/08 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
Yes, but it was only stated about 25 times, so I don't blame him for missing it.
Ha. Good point.

# 566 Gatfootball @ 08/15/08 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
No it was stated that the roster patch wouldn't fix any pre-patch rosters that had been corrupt already. CDJ only edited team names, nothing else. OMT even said his should be ok.

# 567 Gatfootball @ 08/15/08 03:25 PM
Quote:
Ha. Good point.
Your 19,000 plus posts doesn't make you right all the time.

# 568 Gatfootball @ 08/15/08 03:29 PM
Quote:
Ha. Good point.
Obviously you two ******s can't count or read.

# 569 Pared @ 08/15/08 03:34 PM
Quote:
And people wonder why others say OS continues to go downhill.

It's because of amazing individuals such as yourself. You should be proud. I wonder if your 40 other posts are as eloquent as this one.

The patch allows you to do a complete edit from scratch and not run into any problems. Is this really rocket science? If you have a roster created PRE-PATCH and it was somehow corrupt (not something you would be able to KNOW FOR SURE) then the patch will not fix it.

I feel like we're discussing the Theory of Relativity here.

# 570 RAZRr1275 @ 08/15/08 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
If you are getting the FIU bug after the patch, that means your roster was corrupted in some way. You just hadn't seen it because you didn't expose it until after the patch.
I don't know how that happened then. I nor anyone else that touched the file never did any of the things that would cause that.

# 571 OMT @ 08/15/08 03:41 PM
Quote:
If you have a roster created PRE-PATCH and it was somehow corrupt (not something you would be able to KNOW FOR SURE) then the patch will not fix it.
Bolded for emphasis.

# 572 Gatfootball @ 08/15/08 03:48 PM
Quote:
And people wonder why others say OS continues to go downhill.

It's because of amazing individuals such as yourself. You should be proud. I wonder if your 40 other posts are as eloquent as this one.

The patch allows you to do a complete edit from scratch and not run into any problems. Is this really rocket science? If you have a roster created PRE-PATCH and it was somehow corrupt (not something you would be able to KNOW FOR SURE) then the patch will not fix it.

I feel like we're discussing the Theory of Relativity here.
No its individuals like you that criticize every post that causes this backlash. You misread the posts, not me. I just restated what OMT said. Like RAZRr, I don't know how the files became corrupt if they were not edited past the 117 threshold, so again I didn't expect the patch to fix pre-patch rosters that were corrupt. I expected (like OMT said, if you could read) the rosters that were not corrupt before hand not to become corrupt once the patch was downloaded and the final teams named.

I consider myself a pretty smart detailed individual being a CPA in all, so I know I didn't misread any posts.

# 573 RAZRr1275 @ 08/15/08 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Bolded for emphasis.
How can it be corrupted if no one did anything that makes it corrupted? If no one did anything on the no no list then it shouldn't be currupted.

# 574 Pared @ 08/15/08 03:52 PM
Quote:
No its individuals like you that criticize every post that causes this backlash. You misread the posts, not me. I just restated what OMT said. Like RAZRr, I don't know how the files became corrupt if they were not edited past the 117 threshold, so again I didn't expect the patch to fix pre-patch rosters that were corrupt. I expected (like OMT said, if you could read) the rosters that were not corrupt before hand not to become corrupt once the patch was downloaded and the final teams named.

I consider myself a pretty smart detailed individual being a CPA in all, so I know I didn't misread any posts.
You win; Despite my numerous attempts to enlighten the fact that NO ONE OUTSIDE OF A DEVELOPER WITH A DEV KIT could know if a roster was truly corrupt, you obviously know enough about the entire process to understand what happened here.

I mean, you're a CPA and all.

# 575 Gatfootball @ 08/15/08 04:15 PM
Quote:
Sorry guys for directly insulting you. I will try to be more indirect next time and a little less direct as it seems indirect inferences are tolerated.

Thank You

# 576 bigpapaflair @ 08/15/08 04:37 PM
I feel like I'm watchin an episode of Jerry Springer or sum

# 577 countryboy @ 08/15/08 06:23 PM
guys knock off the back and forth bantering. People want to be able to get information regarding the first patch and their rosters. They shouldn't have to sift through an internet argument to find those answers.

Please drop it and move on.

# 578 jm2smooth @ 08/15/08 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
guys knock off the back and forth bantering. People want to be able to get information regarding the first patch and their rosters. They shouldn't have to sift through an internet argument to find those answers.

Please drop it and move on.
Exactly. Mainly does anybody have a set of rosters that were edited from scratch AFTER the patch was released (resulting in no bugs)?

# 579 RAZRr1275 @ 08/15/08 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2smooth
Exactly. Mainly does anybody have a set of rosters that were edited from scratch AFTER the patch was released (resulting in no bugs)?
That would be a no.

# 580 Jas8099 @ 08/15/08 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
That would be a no.
So basically those of us looking for a clean set of rosters are SOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.