Home
News Post

Eurogamer has the scoop.

Quote:
"European PS3 owners should be able to download a free demo of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 tomorrow, Eurogamer has been told.

Electronic Arts wasn't immediately able to confirm whether the demo will also be released on Xbox Live, or what's in it, but we'll let you know when we hear back."

Game: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 08/06/08 06:42 PM
They never came back to update the story with any news from EA about the XBox 360 version, but hopefully the PS3 owners with access to European downloads will be able to grab it and report in.

# 2 JB_BE @ 08/07/08 10:26 AM
Looks like Eurogamer had it wrong, no demo on the European Store.

# 3 OnlookerDelay @ 08/07/08 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB_BE
Looks like Eurogamer had it wrong, no demo on the European Store.
Yes, what a shock! Of course I don't have anything to base Eurogamer's reporting reliability, nor even Sony's capacity for delivering demos on schedule. This is the first time I've ever been tuned into a Sony demo release.

Eurogamer.com hasn't bothered to update their news item from yesterday on this so far today.

# 4 OnlookerDelay @ 08/07/08 11:03 PM
The EA Sports homepage for Tiger Woods 2009 now says:

"Get the Tiger Woods PGA Tour Demo on XBox Live Marketplace and the Playstation Network"

I can confirm that it's not on the XBox Live Marketplace at this time, and I'm told that it's still not on Playstation Network. I'd be surprised if it's not up at both places by 6:00 AM EDT.

# 5 OnlookerDelay @ 08/08/08 09:15 AM
Well, no demo up on XBL Marketplace, and I gather from PS3 owners that it's not in the Playstation Store either. I said yesteday that I'd be surprised if it wasn't up by 6:00 AM (EST) this morning... I should say that "I'm surprised", but I'm not really. I at least hope that EA Sports takes down the headline on their Tiger Woods 2009 demos being available for both platforms if indeed they aren't made available at some point today. It wouldn't look good for that to be seen all weekend. They don't need to start the rollout of this year's product with an embarrassment like that.

# 6 DivotMaker @ 08/08/08 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I at least hope that EA Sports takes down the headline on their Tiger Woods 2009 demos being available for both platforms if indeed they aren't made available at some point today.
They did....

http://www.easports.com/tigerwoods09/

# 7 ThatsWhatSheSaid @ 08/08/08 03:13 PM
What a disappointment.

# 8 DivotMaker @ 08/08/08 06:26 PM
http://www.easports.com/tigerwoods09/

August 14th is the date for the demo release....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.