Home
News Post

Congratulations to forum member bcruise for winning the OS community ran Hot Shots Golf OS Players Cup tournament. bcruise held off late round runs by rspencer86 and Ruffy_Rye to complete his 2-stroke victory over the 7-course tournament. This is bcruise's second Hot Shots Golf tournament championship here at OS, having previously won the Long Tee Tour.

Check the Golf forum for future Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds tournaments.

Congrats bcruise!

Game: Hot Shots Golf: Out of BoundsReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 aukevin @ 08/12/08 10:50 AM
Congrats bcruise! You played tough!

# 2 SqueakyD @ 08/12/08 10:59 AM
Yeah, b! That was some awesome play out there!

# 3 bcruise @ 08/12/08 01:20 PM
Wow, looks like our little corner of OS has hit the big time!

Great job by everyone that participated, as that came right down to the wire. I knew rspencer was right on my tail, but I didn't realize how close Ruffy got with that ridiculous 2nd round until I saw the final leaderboard!

Many thanks to everyone who participated! And of course, special thanks to aukevin for getting it all set up!

# 4 aukevin @ 08/12/08 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Wow, looks like our little corner of OS has hit the big time!

Great job by everyone that participated, as that came right down to the wire. I knew rspencer was right on my tail, but I didn't realize how close Ruffy got with that ridiculous 2nd round until I saw the final leaderboard!

Many thanks to everyone who participated! And of course, special thanks to aukevin for getting it all set up!

yeah if Ruffy hadn't had such a tough round 1 you might have been in trouble. It was definitely fun watching last night from the bottom. Great drama between the way rspencer tore it up the first round and you holding on in the second round.

# 5 Steve_OS @ 08/12/08 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
yeah if Ruffy hadn't had such a tough round 1 you might have been in trouble. It was definitely fun watching last night from the bottom. Great drama between the way rspencer tore it up the first round and you holding on in the second round.
Does voice chat work w/ this? And when you are talking about the drama in the 2nd round, were you guys just watching or playing as well? I'm guessing you take turns or can anyone go as they pleease?

# 6 aukevin @ 08/12/08 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Does voice chat work w/ this? And when you are talking about the drama in the 2nd round, were you guys just watching or playing as well? I'm guessing you take turns or can anyone go as they pleease?
No voice chat unfortunately, you get to text chat in the online lobby before you start as well as in between holes. Everybody plays the hole at the same time, you see little ghosts of the other players while you are playing (you can hide them as well if they are distracting). If you finish the hole before the others, you watch the remaining players while they are on the green (you get a camera shot of the green), and the game also shows you what stroke each player is on and how far away they are from the pin while you are waiting for the party to all finish.

So going into the final course last night bcruise held a 10 stroke lead over rspencer and after the 1st round (we play 2 rounds on a course each week) rspencer had cut bcruise's lead to just 4 strokes. In the 2nd round around the 16th hole rspencer was within a couple strokes of the overall tournament lead, so it was really getting close. I think both rspencer and bcruise both bogey'ed on a late hole that could have been a turning point. Ruffy was only 6 strokes off the lead going into last night's finale but he had a bad first round which did him in, but he had a killer 2nd round that kept him within striking distance had there been one more round of golf in the tourney.

# 7 Steve_OS @ 08/12/08 05:19 PM
Ahhh, very cool. I might have to join in one of these one evening.

# 8 aukevin @ 08/12/08 06:03 PM
Quote:
Ahhh, very cool. I might have to join in one of these one evening.
You should! We're trying to nail down a day for our next tournament to take place on. Football season is gonna throw a wrench into our traditional Monday night meetup time

# 9 Ruffy @ 08/12/08 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Everything went wrong in Round 1 but Round 2 everything pretty much went right for me.

Getting stuck down that ditch was a mess....a punishing US Open like green spitting my ball back at my feet....blahhh!!

Congrats bcruise...that kid can play.

Definately alot of fun and hoping we can find time for some more golf madness!

Thanks to aukevin for setting things up and all the others that joined us and gave us some good laughs as well as witnessing a few aces and some sick eagles!

Good times!

# 10 Ruffy @ 08/12/08 09:44 PM
Quote:
In the lobby can can jump around and violate other characters like I do...which is pretty fun for someone that doesnt have a keyboard on my Ps3...voice chat for it would be great....but we get by without it....I mean where else can you describe a shot as "herptacular"...or get karma while watching Rudy last night!

RUDY RUDY RUDY!!

# 11 SqueakyD @ 08/12/08 10:03 PM
Heyo... you know the game has it's priorities straight when it censors "after" but let's all forms of herptacular through.

Before the next tourney, we should have an one time exhibition open. Any course, any equipment, any character for two rounds.

# 12 Ruffy @ 08/13/08 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakyD
Heyo... you know the game has it's priorities straight when it censors "after" but let's all forms of herptacular through.

Before the next tourney, we should have an one time exhibition open. Any course, any equipment, any character for two rounds.
Yeah its fun to be a goof when you can't chat or have a keyboard...so I let the predictive script guide me..

It's herptastic!

# 13 Qrashman @ 08/14/08 09:03 PM
what kind of single round scores do you have to average to win a tournament like this?

# 14 bcruise @ 08/15/08 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrashman
what kind of single round scores do you have to average to win a tournament like this?
Tough question....the scores vary WIDELY between the courses because of the difficulty difference - the last two courses are MUCH harder than the first two. The low single round score on the first course (highland) was a -16, while the low score on the last course (Crown Links) was a -8 (and that was damn good).

If you want to see what scores won what rounds, check out Kev's leaderboard from the other thread:

http://home.mchsi.com/~aukevin/HSG_Leaderboard2.html

Hopefully that gives you some idea. But the main thing is that we're all doing this for fun - there's no prize for winning or anything. It's just something a bunch of us who enjoyed the game wanted to start up.

# 15 Ruffy @ 08/21/08 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Tough question....the scores vary WIDELY between the courses because of the difficulty difference - the last two courses are MUCH harder than the first two. The low single round score on the first course (highland) was a -16, while the low score on the last course (Crown Links) was a -8 (and that was damn good).

If you want to see what scores won what rounds, check out Kev's leaderboard from the other thread:

http://home.mchsi.com/~aukevin/HSG_Leaderboard2.html

Hopefully that gives you some idea. But the main thing is that we're all doing this for fun - there's no prize for winning or anything. It's just something a bunch of us who enjoyed the game wanted to start up.

It's alot of fun..win or lose....I shot that -8 but you can see I blew up on courses just as easy...them game is goofy and pretty fun online...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.