Home
News Post

The new NBA 2K9 teaser video is online. This is part II of IV.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 NBA2k6fan @ 08/19/08 12:46 PM
Go figure, the teasers are actually teasing you...

Can't wait until real game footage starts leaking.

# 62 jewelz1132 @ 08/19/08 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle24
Most impressive detail to me was Iggy's flexed calf when he got up for the oop..never seen that before...and to touch on the live 2k graphics thing...dudes have to realize, the 2 franchises approach the market in a different way..live wants to make money (EA machine) so they market more arcadey pick up and play games and its evident with their clean lighted models...2k are like common (the artist) in the past 5 years - commercial, but still want to bring that realness, so in essence LIVE looks like a video game, 2K looks like a basketball game..both intended to be that way.
I don't understand lol

# 63 Chi Dynasty12 @ 08/19/08 03:02 PM
Seriously, the announcer makes me want to die. Commentary sucks

# 64 Kashanova @ 08/19/08 03:08 PM
the player models look great nice vein on AI

# 65 Goffs @ 08/19/08 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
WOW, OH WOW.....NBA LIVE WHAT.................I can't wait
lol you say that now till Live busts out another video

# 66 ethanlee29 @ 08/19/08 05:16 PM
what's with jamario's facial expression? looks like he's smiling on defense. part 1 was way better than this

# 67 bball_1523 @ 08/19/08 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanlee29
what's with jamario's facial expression? looks like he's smiling on defense. part 1 was way better than this
LOL, it would be funny if a player kept a smile the entire game.

# 68 kenzil @ 08/19/08 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Screw all of these highlight flicks I NEED FRANCHISE INFO! IMO that's the area that need a massive upgrade.
Agree totally. Please inform us about "association 2.0"

Like the video though. Graphics look good.

# 69 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/19/08 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Screw all of these highlight flicks I NEED FRANCHISE INFO! IMO that's the area that need a massive upgrade.
Be happy with what you get. The game releases in 48 days, and while we might think that's not that long, it gives them plenty of time to disperse information in whatever intervals they choose. They know that your purchase decision won't be made for another 40 days, so why rush?

The 2K marketing mix seems to be lagging behind Live's, but there's plenty of time. As critical as I've been of 2K's marketing, I just don't like it when they release a video (which people have been awaiting), and then people just say "screw this, give me more."

# 70 V.DiddYDavis @ 08/19/08 09:03 PM
Agreed on that^^

However I just wish they would forget about the teasers and just post gameplay vids

# 71 ai2k2 @ 08/19/08 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Be happy with what you get. The game releases in 48 days, and while we might think that's not that long, it gives them plenty of time to disperse information in whatever intervals they choose. They know that your purchase decision won't be made for another 40 days, so why rush?

The 2K marketing mix seems to be lagging behind Live's, but there's plenty of time. As critical as I've been of 2K's marketing, I just don't like it when they release a video (which people have been awaiting), and then people just say "screw this, give me more."
To each his own...

# 72 sharkkk @ 08/20/08 01:05 AM
bosh still doesn't have his dreads yet. hopefully they fix that.

# 73 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/20/08 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
lol you say that now till Live busts out another video
In haven't even watched one Live video this year, don't get me wrong it looks good, but It's still EA.

# 74 DC @ 08/20/08 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I mean, Elton got a peanut weird shaped head(in real life) but he reminds me of

lol
I never noticed that dude had a ponytail

# 75 X*Cell @ 08/21/08 07:42 AM
Meh, I feel like that video showed off every flaw that has plagued the 2k series. The Overhead passing, the complete turnaround when cutting, the ridiculousness of alley-oops, defenders not watching the play.

I felt like Iggy didn't have much improvement in looks over his 2k8 counterpart.

Part I was way better than Part II.

# 76 J_Posse @ 08/21/08 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
Meh, I feel like that video showed off every flaw that has plagued the 2k series. The Overhead passing, the complete turnaround when cutting, the ridiculousness of alley-oops, defenders not watching the play.

I felt like Iggy didn't have much improvement in looks over his 2k8 counterpart.

I thought the video was very realistic, especially since certain teams run plays that usually lead to "easy" alley-oops.

The pass was pretty realistic for the situation, in particular since one of the best alley-oop passers threw it (A. Miller).

Didn't Igoudala spin-off of Moon, it appeared that way to me at least?

Moon had his back turned to the ball, that' more realistic than him having "psychic vision" and stealing the pass blinded from it/the play.

Yeah, 'Dre looks about the same as last season although now you can actually see the veins in his arms.

# 77 Branflakz16 @ 08/23/08 12:46 AM
Not like it's a HUGE deal or anything, but I think they should have put some time into creating Bosh. Last year, they had no problem devoting time to Anderson Varajao's hair, when Bosh, a franchise player, got some generic hair cut? C'mon, the dude needs dreads and at least long enough to know they're there.

I don't know, I just feel cheated as a Raptors fan when every team has beautiful, well designed models, and the Raps are just generically made to finish the game. I'll admit, Moon looks great and they have his tattoo and everything, but all I ask is a nice looking model of Bosh with a realistic sig shot. Oh, and I hope they fixed the friggen purple lettering on the back of the unis...and the purple pipes on the back of the net.

Enough ranting, I just want a realistic Raps squad so every night when I come home...I'll be looking forward to some Raptors basketball via Association 2.0!

# 78 Chitown1211 @ 08/24/08 02:02 PM
That looked awesome.

I dont get all the complaints.

# 79 Muzyk23 @ 08/24/08 05:06 PM
It was clutch for Iggy, because he was struggling - that's how I understood it

# 80 Muzyk23 @ 08/24/08 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell

agreed on the 2k's flaws that you mentioned

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.