Home
News Post

Gamersyde has posted a gameplay video from NBA Live 09.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DakkoN @ 08/20/08 02:58 PM
not Pistons, it's Team Adidas

good find, but sadly it's 2 cheesers going at it.. I'd rather watch paint dry

# 2 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 02:59 PM
Thanx for the link. Checking out now.

# 3 Stumbleweed @ 08/20/08 03:09 PM
Looks good so far -- I'm about halfway through it. Nice, long video -- you can really get a feel for how the game flows even though it does like like user vs. user. Looks smoother than the last videos that I saw -- that first dunk by T-Mac (?) was a little funky, but the rest looked great.

LOL @ Chauncey's airball then the "my fault" hand-raise.. hilarious.

# 4 DakkoN @ 08/20/08 03:12 PM
LeBron's shot looked good, the airball was awesome, LeBron had a killer drive and kick to Sasha on the wing.

Garnett blocked the **** out of that first play and big Ben had a good block too

# 5 Da_Czar @ 08/20/08 03:17 PM
that was painful to watch...

# 6 23 @ 08/20/08 03:19 PM
Why is that Czar? The cheesing? I havent watched yet

Ill edit the title no worries.. Tell me who's playing?

# 7 23 @ 08/20/08 03:19 PM
Shoot I cant view it here from work.. any suggestions fellas?

# 8 shindiana @ 08/20/08 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS

Team Adidas.

# 9 Stumbleweed @ 08/20/08 03:26 PM
It was sorta cheesetastic I guess, but nothing too bad. That LeBron weaving drive was a little funky, but it looked like something LeBron would do IRL haha... I really enjoyed the video and it has me even more excited for the game -- the pace was pretty good despite it being user-user, the animations were way smoother overall than 08, and the little touches like the airball/gesture as well as the congrats from teammates on the LeBron foul... looks to be coming together really well. None of those strange-looking shot releases from last year either (where it seemed like the ball had too much gravity).

And yeah, it's Cavs (with Gibson at PG, I assume before the trade) against Team Adidas which has Chauncey, Duncan, T-Mac, KG, and someone else that I'm forgetting...

# 10 DubTrey1 @ 08/20/08 03:27 PM
Looks to be alot smoother than a few prior vids I saw of Live 09, only thing I saw to be off was the animations of the players when they went up to the basket for a dunk or layup.... But sometweaks to that part of the game may be still ongoing so they could look alot better by the demo (hoping) or at best by it is released. Overall it looked like it played tons better than years passed -

# 11 DakkoN @ 08/20/08 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
It was sorta cheesetastic I guess, but nothing too bad. That LeBron weaving drive was a little funky, but it looked like something LeBron would do IRL haha... I really enjoyed the video and it has me even more excited for the game -- the pace was pretty good despite it being user-user, the animations were way smoother overall than 08, and the little touches like the airball/gesture as well as the congrats from teammates on the LeBron foul... looks to be coming together really well. None of those strange-looking shot releases from last year either (where it seemed like the ball had too much gravity).

And yeah, it's Cavs (with Gibson at PG, I assume before the trade) against Team Adidas which has Chauncey, Duncan, T-Mac, KG, and someone else that I'm forgetting...
the other one was Arenas

# 12 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 03:44 PM
The game looks alot better than 08. The animations are alot better and smoother, some are still goofy tho. Loving the way the baselines look, but the benches still need to be upgraded. They take away from the overall look. Definitely looking forward to playing this game.

# 13 blackngoldfan @ 08/20/08 03:45 PM
Sage, I sent you a PM

# 14 bateman11 @ 08/20/08 03:53 PM
Looked improved, but these guys suck. So this vid sucked. Horrible quality.

# 15 DW3 @ 08/20/08 03:59 PM
EA has officially gotten my $60 this year.

# 16 Da_Czar @ 08/20/08 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS

Yeah man its painful to watch the game (basketball) you love so much be so misrepresented...LOL... my feed was choppy to so that could have made it worse.

# 17 Jano @ 08/20/08 04:04 PM
That vid was pretty fun to watch the game definitely animates better, and it looked a lot better than the other vids I've seen so far. Live is looking like a buy for me this year I just need to play the demo to see if its completely worth it.

# 18 23 @ 08/20/08 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yeah man its painful to watch the game (basketball) you love so much be so misrepresented...LOL... my feed was choppy to so that could have made it worse.
Got it... how do people like that always get ahold of the games first

# 19 Stumbleweed @ 08/20/08 04:11 PM
Czar, let the whole thing load before playing it -- it was really smooth for me.

And I didn't think the gameplay was that bad sim-wise -- they liked driving it to the hoop, but nothing too egregious. It wasn't like they were just isoing constantly and running in circles to get there -- also, I think the guys playing were trying to show off some moves at one point (you see the finger point to the screen, etc.)... Court spacing looked GREAT -- that kick-out to Pavlovic after the double team on the break was WIDE OPEN.. no chance the defender could've gotten there in time (which is how it should be).

The only questionable-looking shot was Gibson taking that weird-looking runner (dude must've hit X haha) and somehow making it with the man in his face. Otherwise, everything was pretty realistic and looked right.

# 20 Muzyk23 @ 08/20/08 04:18 PM
I don't like what I'm seeing. Unfortunately. Is it me or the E3 gameplay looked waaay better?

The first two dunks - wtf?!

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.