Home
News Post

Gamersyde has posted a gameplay video from NBA Live 09.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Thanks Sage.

# 42 green94 @ 08/20/08 08:07 PM
Wow, Live is looking great. I haven't been in the Live forums in years, but thought I drop by and check out how the game was coming along. I'm impressed!

I love the passing out of shots animations, they really look fluid. Only thing that looked a little off was after scoring a layup/dunk animations. They looked a little herky jerky.

Other than that though, VERY impressed. And this is coming from a HUGE 2k guy.

# 43 blingballa333 @ 08/21/08 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Wow, Live is looking great. I haven't been in the Live forums in years, but thought I drop by and check out how the game was coming along. I'm impressed!

I love the passing out of shots animations, they really look fluid. Only thing that looked a little off was after scoring a layup/dunk animations. They looked a little herky jerky.

I love how you guys are like, "It was very fluid aside from herky jerky layup/dunk animations!" This may just be me, but whem i do a great looking crossover to blow by man but then throw down an atrocious dunk with terrible animation, it reall ruins my experience.

# 44 rockchisler @ 08/21/08 12:50 AM
Im Tired of seeing videos of players that dont know basketball 101

# 45 juicey79 @ 08/21/08 01:02 AM
I dont know how i feel, i guess uncertain is the best way to describe my reaction. There were times that i was like okay EA finally caught up then the choppy dunk sequences and robotic animations made think differently. But then i look at the arena and crowd reactions (especially front row guys clapping and showing excitment when anticipating a great play is about to unfold) was extraordinary cool! I dont know gotta wait for demo to give them $60 more bucks (picked up madden and im satisfied with it too). But 2k already have their $60 set aside.

# 46 juicey79 @ 08/21/08 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94

Not try to pick a fight or bicker but lil sutff like pick and roll and passing out of a shot should be part of the core gameplay. This is next gen not sega genesis, these should have been basic functions in nba live 06-08. That's why they lost me during the dreamcast era, they take their popularity and history for granted by depriving their customers by omiting neccesary gameplay just to add it to the next variation and dress it up as a new feature or enhancement.

# 47 RICH72601 @ 08/21/08 10:04 AM
Though the people playing didn't really do the game justice, you can clearly see that it flows a lot better than 08. Some of the animations are still a little odd, but definitely a step up. I'm also noticing most people's jump shots look like they release on the way up. I really didn't like Lebron's sig shot, but may be that was because of the users playing. The game looks ok though. Can't wait to actually play it.

# 48 jmood88 @ 08/21/08 11:17 AM
I really don't like the animations, they still look weird.

# 49 blingballa333 @ 08/21/08 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I really don't like the animations, they still look weird.
You, sir, speak the truth.

# 50 Sovartus @ 08/21/08 03:11 PM
That video changed my view of the game a little but not in a positive way. It looks better than last year's game but that is not saying a whole lot. I was excited about the game's potential until I saw the video and now it has been replaced by skepticism. The transition between animations were VERY choppy and it still looks like it's too easy to score. The thing that troubles me to most is that it appears that a defender jumping at your shot doesn't affect it at all. That's not good. It also seems to be a re-occurring theme with these videos that it's too easy to get to the rack still.

I do keep in perspective that it's a couple of cheesers and they may not have a grasp on the word Defense. Right now, I'll have to wait for the demo to see if it is worth dropping an additional $60 on. 2K has yet to let me down.

# 51 green94 @ 08/21/08 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Not try to pick a fight or bicker but lil sutff like pick and roll and passing out of a shot should be part of the core gameplay. This is next gen not sega genesis, these should have been basic functions in nba live 06-08. That's why they lost me during the dreamcast era, they take their popularity and history for granted by depriving their customers by omiting neccesary gameplay just to add it to the next variation and dress it up as a new feature or enhancement.
Agreed, but I think these animations actually look better than 2k's passing out of shots animations.

# 52 Tha_Kid @ 08/21/08 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
I was excited about the game's potential ... now it has been replaced by skepticism. The transition between animations were VERY choppy and it still looks like it's too easy to score. The thing that troubles me to most is that it appears that a defender jumping at your shot doesn't affect it at all. That's not good. It also seems to be a re-occurring theme with these videos that it's too easy to get to the rack still.

Right now, I'll have to wait for the demo.
x2

# 53 Checmate101 @ 08/23/08 01:15 AM
Now I'm a 2k man myself..but live is looking damn good. I haven't played live since like 96, but if I see more videos like that with better people playing the game, I might just might have to go out and get it.

2k betta watch out live is right on their butt.

# 54 trobinson97 @ 08/23/08 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Now I'm a 2k man myself..but live is looking damn good. I haven't played live since like 96, but if I see more videos like that with better people playing the game, I might just might have to go out and get it.

2k betta watch out live is right on their butt.
Man I am sorry, but after seeing these more recent videos, the only thing 2K has to worry about is being bought by EA. This game is not looking up to par in my opinion. Ugh, those animations man, what the hell. This is 2008.

# 55 CallMeDrop @ 08/25/08 07:15 AM
Jumpshots look awful but I like the way players handle the ball. The overall feel is better as well. Dunks need work. LBJ looks like an animal...talent and face wise...lmao.

# 56 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/25/08 09:54 PM
I will say this, the damn crowd looks amazing, amazing.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.