Home
News Post

Patch #2 for NCAA Football 09 is available, post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 901 superjames1992 @ 11/21/08 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Don't let the early reviews taint you superjames. Rent the game and see for yourself. You will find yourself tweaking sliders as there are issues with the game that are more problematic on default (terrible cpu running game, overly accurate QBs, a lack of WR drops and overly good pass protection) but the game is fun and fills my needs very well. It's a definite upgrade from '08 last year.
I like it a lot! It doesn't seem to be a whole lot different than last year, but the turnover problem is fixed and there's just something about it that I like about it that I just can't pick out. The atmosphere is nice and the game flows a lot smoother than last year. The animations are a lot better and the running game is awesome, which is a huge plus playing with West Virginia and running the spread as I currently am. I've started a dynasty with Stewaat's Heisman sliders, and though the Robo-QB does rear it's ugly head at times at that setting, it still isn't too bad. Plus, my secondary isn't very good which has a lot to do with it.

# 902 rudyjuly2 @ 11/22/08 10:10 AM
Good to hear! Stewaat's sliders are tough. If you ever find the cpu QB too hard to stop, just boost human def. awareness to help out.

# 903 superjames1992 @ 11/22/08 11:30 AM
Quote:
Good to hear! Stewaat's sliders are tough. If you ever find the cpu QB too hard to stop, just boost human def. awareness to help out.
Yeah, I had to boost them a bit and I may boost them a bit more. I'm 5-2 with West Virginia with losses on the road to Colorado and at home to #19 Auburn. Seems pretty realistic considering West Virginia was 5-2 at that point in the season in real life (though the losses were to ECU and Colorado), though I think I may need to raise the defensive awareness a bit more for my defense.

# 904 mgoblue678 @ 11/23/08 07:54 PM
Unfortutely the patch didn't adress alot of massive problems this game has. It is tolerable but not great by any stretch of the imagination.

# 905 superjames1992 @ 11/26/08 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Unfortutely the patch didn't adress alot of massive problems this game has. It is tolerable but not great by any stretch of the imagination.
It's not fantastic and the robo-QB has posed some problems, but I'm slowly dubbing that down with sliders. The game has its issues, but it's still fun so far for me.

Plus, I've kept out of the bugs/glitches threads and have shied away from most of the threads in here. A lot of these problems wouldn't be noticed by people if they didn't read about them on an internet forum.

# 906 PVarck31 @ 11/28/08 05:04 PM
Its a very fun game. Its got to be the atmosphere. For some reason it just blows away madden in fun factor. Sure it has issues but they seem much less prevalent than Maddens issues.

# 907 ol23 @ 11/28/08 05:53 PM
How do you get the patch download if it was deleted by mistake?

# 908 superjames1992 @ 11/28/08 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Its a very fun game. Its got to be the atmosphere. For some reason it just blows away madden in fun factor. Sure it has issues but they seem much less prevalent than Maddens issues.
Yeah, that atmosphere is great IMO. The presentation is lacking, but that's expected with an EA NCAA game unfortunately. However, the crowd is nice and it just has a nice feel ... even without refs and chain gangs (Not a big deal, but why can't they include these?)

I've actually switched the mudtiger's Heisman sliders now. I was helpless against the pass with Stewaat's, but I'm finding more success and realism now. It seems to tone down the robo-QB a bit.

# 909 rudyjuly2 @ 11/28/08 08:55 PM
Some of the hard Heisman slider sets like Stewaat's and fistofrage's have human defensive awareness very low. I don't know how they defend the pass that way but I keep mine at 70 which they would consider insane. Boosting human defensive awareness and dropping the cpu QB accuracy to 35 or 40 really help cut down on robo QB (along with cpu WR catch at 0). I'm still having a lot of fun and since I'm not an elite gamer I have no problem being challenged.

# 910 BGPurple @ 11/28/08 10:06 PM
YES

# 911 superjames1992 @ 11/29/08 01:06 AM
Quote:
Some of the hard Heisman slider sets like Stewaat's and fistofrage's have human defensive awareness very low. I don't know how they defend the pass that way but I keep mine at 70 which they would consider insane. Boosting human defensive awareness and dropping the cpu QB accuracy to 35 or 40 really help cut down on robo QB (along with cpu WR catch at 0). I'm still having a lot of fun and since I'm not an elite gamer I have no problem being challenged.
Yeah, I basically suck on defense to the point at which sometimes I just let the computer play it. I make play calls and I usually control the defensive end, but that's about it. I'll chase a guy down after a pass to make the tackle, but I never control the defender while the ball is in the air as that usually ends up in me misplacing the defender and the receiver catching the ball, turning up field, and dashing off to a huge touchdown, something I'm not very fond of.

# 912 cjgator @ 12/01/08 09:17 AM
This may be a silly question, but I just purchased a copy of NCAA Football 09 (360):

How the do I get the most recent patch?

# 913 The GIGGAS @ 12/01/08 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgator
This may be a silly question, but I just purchased a copy of NCAA Football 09 (360):

How the do I get the most recent patch?
As long as you're hooked up to the internet, you'll be prompted to download all patches as soon as you boot the game.

# 914 SmoothOlaf @ 12/22/08 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Yeah, I basically suck on defense to the point at which sometimes I just let the computer play it. I make play calls and I usually control the defensive end, but that's about it. I'll chase a guy down after a pass to make the tackle, but I never control the defender while the ball is in the air as that usually ends up in me misplacing the defender and the receiver catching the ball, turning up field, and dashing off to a huge touchdown, something I'm not very fond of.
Same here.

# 915 joerob @ 12/24/08 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOlaf
Same here.

You just got to practice to get good at defense and use your audibles. I use to have a lot of trouble playing but through reading posts on how to play better d and practice I have gotten way better...heck I even just got my first shutout today ever and held the computer under 200 yds total offense, this is on heisman with def awar at 0

# 916 Phattferd @ 01/03/09 05:54 PM
I have the PS3 version and want to know how to get the most recent patch without an internet connection. My system is not connected to the internet and I want to download it to a flash drive and update it via that.

Anyone know where I can get the patches to download?

# 917 rudyjuly2 @ 01/04/09 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phattferd
I have the PS3 version and want to know how to get the most recent patch without an internet connection. My system is not connected to the internet and I want to download it to a flash drive and update it via that.

Anyone know where I can get the patches to download?
Sorry but it's not possible. You have to connect your PS3 directly to the internet and do it through the game facility. Just bring your PS3 to a friend's house (with NCAA) and do it that way. It's your only option.

# 918 EyeAmBaldman @ 10/14/09 01:08 PM
Quote:
Sorry but it's not possible. You have to connect your PS3 directly to the internet and do it through the game facility. Just bring your PS3 to a friend's house (with NCAA) and do it that way. It's your only option.

Ok, how about this...my PS3 is connected to my router but it will NOT download the 1.20 patch for NCAA 09. I can download updates for the ps3, Playstation Home...blah blah blah, but I get a download error when I try to download this 1.20 patch. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.