Home
News Post

Patch #2 for NCAA Football 09 is available, post your impressions here.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DrUrsus @ 08/20/08 11:13 PM
Gotta say, patch #2 is coming out much quicker that I thought. I am looking forward to starting my franchise after getting some good sliders. Really, my biggest problem with the game was the lack of CPU running (increasing my running to too good levels due to no separate CPU sliders). We will just have to wait for 2010 for better OL/DL interaction, and lack of robo QB on Heisman I think.

# 102 DrUrsus @ 08/20/08 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
as per usual ps3 gets the shaft, although i'm hoping it's tomorrow night..
Yep, that's why if I have a choice, I usually get the 360 version of an EA game.

# 103 The GIGGAS @ 08/20/08 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Yep, that's why if I have a choice, I usually get the 360 version of an EA game.
4 posts in a row.

Simply glorious.

# 104 J-Unit40 @ 08/20/08 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
4 posts in a row.

Simply glorious.
Doctors have a tendency of talking to themselves.

# 105 oldman @ 08/20/08 11:33 PM
Since Madden dropped I have not touched NCAA because I was waiting on this patch. With guarded optimism I hope this actually fixes the sliders. Combine this with the roster patch and I may finally be able to play this game again! If not, I will continue to enjoy Madden...

# 106 DrUrsus @ 08/21/08 12:06 AM
Quote:
4 posts in a row.

Simply glorious.
So, what's the problem with that. They were all in reference to something said, and I'm too lazy to put them all in one post.
Sorry if I ruffled your feathers about the PS3, but I also have a PS3, and I know how we get shafted.

# 107 The GIGGAS @ 08/21/08 12:22 AM
Quote:
So, what's the problem with that. They were all in reference to something said, and I'm too lazy to put them all in one post.
Sorry if I ruffled your feathers about the PS3, but I also have a PS3, and I know how we get shafted.
...? Ruffled my feathers? OK...

I was just being a bit sarcastic.

# 108 mizzouj @ 08/21/08 12:25 AM
While enjoying the game, I've certainly had a some gripes like a lot of others. However, have to give EA props for getting to these patches so quickly. Who would have thought we'd have both a full week before the season? I look forward to the fixes and what the slider guys can do.

# 109 Vince @ 08/21/08 12:26 AM
Quote:
...? Ruffled my feathers? OK...
A Hokie is a bird right? lol

# 110 The GIGGAS @ 08/21/08 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
A Hokie is a bird right? lol
That is true... hmm..

# 111 DrUrsus @ 08/21/08 12:38 AM
Quote:
That is true... hmm..
GIGGAS, I guess the name doesn't have as much to do with fowl afterall.

http://www.vt.edu/about/hokie.html

They did fix the punt return too, and not just the kick returns?

# 112 The GIGGAS @ 08/21/08 12:41 AM
Quote:
GIGGAS, I guess the name doesn't have as much to do with fowl afterall.

http://www.vt.edu/about/hokie.html

They did fix the punt return too, and not just the kick returns?
We've retconned it to being a Hoke bird, who is a turkey.

# 113 DrUrsus @ 08/21/08 12:42 AM
Quote:
We've retconned it to being a Hoke bird, who is a turkey.

Sheesh, I wouldn't want to mess with that turkey. Look at those guns.

# 114 The GIGGAS @ 08/21/08 12:44 AM
Quote:
Sheesh, I wouldn't want to mess with that turkey. Look at those guns.
Hellz yeah.

# 115 Ruffy @ 08/21/08 01:07 AM
Lookin forward to find out some difinitive PS3 info from OMT or Cd in the morning...until then thanks fellas!

I'm soo addicted to Online Dynasty I havent played more than 2 games of Madden and a bout 14 Madden moments just to mess around...soo disapointed no online franchise for Madden.

But again thanks fellas.

# 116 Tig5309 @ 08/21/08 01:56 AM
Man I am hoping for at least two things. Working sliders for the CPU running game and corrected punt returns. The punt returns might be the worst part of the game for me right now. I have to force myself to fair catch every one of them so as not to return it 40+ yards.

# 117 rckabillyRaider @ 08/21/08 03:12 AM
anybody counting down for this?? Im actually curious to see how much of a difference it makes

# 118 T.K.O.K @ 08/21/08 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deadly
So does this mean that Robo QB officially dies tonight? Because I was so enjoying the Heisman cpu going 22-24 4TDs on me.
Not to mention his 370 yards with a 77 overall....

....by that's probably me playing bad defense

# 119 Anti Honor @ 08/21/08 03:40 AM
Hopefully this allows the CPU to actually move the ball down the field, and score a few points. I'm bored to death of no cpu run game, and cpu quarterbacks who all throw as if their throw power is 50.

I'm counting down.

# 120 m00d @ 08/21/08 04:26 AM
I'm counting down, 30 mins to go. Got coffee on getting ready to adjust the sliders for the Night Owl Dynasty. I know OL/DL interaction hasn't been touched, but I'm hoping the slider fix will give us more pass rush. This along with better special teams coverage and improved zone defense could make this the best NCAA ever. I'm sure I'm being way too optimistic but I've got 30 more minutes to dream...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.