Home
News Post

Ausgamers have posted their first look at NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"Some serious work has gone into the AI as well, in what the developers are calling "Adaptive AI". Anyone that's ever played a sports game will know the frustration of watching as your teammates just stand around staring blankly ahead while you're trying to pass to them or as an opposing player runs circles around them. The improvements in the AI system are (apparently - I didn't see a demo of this in the game) really helpful when a play breaks down and your guys are suddenly out of position while the opposition counters - they'll now react a lot more realistically (and more importantly, helpfully)."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KING2672 @ 08/21/08 11:38 AM
This is a pretty ok preview.

# 2 blingballa333 @ 08/21/08 12:36 PM
I actually really enjoyed this review! May be me, but I want to see these new graphics in an HD Gameplay Video... NOW!!!!!
Was nice to see that that the only complaint was the jerky transition from animation to animation. This happens in every NBA video game but might be due to people trying to do different crossovers at incorrect times. Which causes the jerkiness in 2k8.

# 3 Scoop 24 @ 08/21/08 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
I actually really enjoyed this review! May be me, but I want to see these new graphics in an HD Gameplay Video... NOW!!!!!
Was nice to see that that the only complaint was the jerky transition from animation to animation. This happens in every NBA video game but might be due to people trying to do different crossovers at incorrect times. Which causes the jerkiness in 2k8.
sounds like a true fanboy. anyway the preview was decent cant wait to see gameplay vids.

# 4 Muzyk23 @ 08/21/08 03:13 PM
That was a nice preview indeed

# 5 blingballa333 @ 08/21/08 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
sounds like a true fanboy. anyway the preview was decent cant wait to see gameplay vids.
Really, thats why I try out Live every year? I am in no way a fanboy becuase to be honest, I want both games to excel, but 2k has always done the better job, so I'm a fan of 2k.

# 6 Rebel_INS @ 08/21/08 04:05 PM
That was by far the most terrible review I've ever read and what makes it worse...it was written by a dude that doesn't even like basketball!

WHY!?!?

# 7 Muzyk23 @ 08/21/08 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
That was by far the most terrible review I've ever read and what makes it worse...it was written by a dude that doesn't even like basketball!

WHY!?!?
the shi....est?? compared to the former two it's more informative

although I have to agree on one thing - I hate when some pseudo-reviewers start their piece by writing sth like - I don't like basketball or I know nothing about it - wtf?!

# 8 RumbleCard @ 08/21/08 04:28 PM
I would kill for some association info

# 9 AI3 @ 08/21/08 04:46 PM
Player sweat and sweaty shirts is nice to hear. but we want gameplay videos!

# 10 Behindshadows @ 08/21/08 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AI3
Player sweat and sweaty shirts is nice to hear. but we want gameplay videos!
ala ESPN NBA 2k5 did that! Old stuff brought back.

Preview was whack! And you right we want gameplay videos already.

# 11 AI3 @ 08/21/08 05:10 PM
i know it was brought back, it was in nba 2k7, im just glad they brought it back

# 12 GymRat @ 08/21/08 07:50 PM
Gameplay.... 15th preview w/ no gameplay.

# 13 NINJAK2 @ 08/22/08 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
It would be nice if 2k added carrying or traveling calls for those who dribble without a thought process or gameplan. This could end some of those herky jerky dribbling animations by causing the ref to blow the whistle and thus create a turnover. Iso-Mo would have to be highly responsive for this to work otherwise gamers would complain all day long.

I hope 2k didn't eliminate the ability of the defender to make opponents pick up their dribble at any spot on the floor with good D(My friend and I have been waiting for that for years).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.