Home
News Post

Note: Below are the patch details from the Lead Designer of NFL Head Coach 09, Josh Looman.

I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
  • We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
  • We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
  • We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
  • We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
  • We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
  • We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
  • We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
  • We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.
I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.

*** Added Wednesday, August 27th ***

We are also fixing an issue with RFAs that was noticed.

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CubbyFan23 @ 08/22/08 06:06 PM
I love this game but Good GOD is there anyway to make a running back run downhill on third and 1?

I don't even run on that situation anymore because it's basically impossible to pick up a first.

# 42 SlyBelle @ 08/22/08 06:09 PM
Great news guys and appreciate the hard work. I hate to ask, but any planned fixes for the robo QB or possibly change the sliders so they have a greater impact so we can adjust it to our own liking?

# 43 badboywes @ 08/22/08 06:25 PM
Wow I am shocked EA is doing the right thing. Josh your a stand up guy and I would expect this type of hard work in fixing the game from you but not EA. I hope this is just the start of EA sports doing the right thing. My only question is this, Josh what about the passing game?

I love the draft, FA, even the Pre Season but when I can draft Andre Woodson in the 7th rnd and lead the 49ers to the Superbowl in year one the game becomes no longer fun to play during the season. I have started over numerous times because it is way to easy to build a team with the passing the way it is.

I am happy for all of theses fixes you guys are working on and am not trying to be a jerk about things. If you guys only fixed the unrealistic passing stats I would be a very happy customer.

Wes

PS Josh Looman for DEM VP

# 44 badboywes @ 08/22/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorelk
really excited about the patch but please please PLEASE release one now with the stuff that you said you already fixed. i cant even play the game because it freezes sooooo much. saving doesnt help when i spend an hour+ playing a game and it freezes when i try to exit game after the game is over. go ahead and released what you have fixed!

For everyone having freezing issues try playing it in Fast mode and see if that helps. It seems to have fixed the sound going out issue as well as the freezing issue for me.

# 45 tdoggy57 @ 08/22/08 06:35 PM
Awesome. Josh, I'd also like to let you know that I'm pretty sure Darnerian McCants, WR from the Ravens(?) has the pic of Priest Holmes. Cosey Coleman has the wrong pic too. Just trying to help

# 46 Niners44 @ 08/22/08 06:44 PM
great news.

# 47 Steve_OS @ 08/22/08 06:48 PM
Excellent news Josh!

# 48 CM Hooe @ 08/22/08 06:57 PM
Very comprehensive list. Looking forward to it.

# 49 JoeMimic @ 08/22/08 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
How do you play this game in fast mode? Where is that settng located.

Thanks
He just means fast on the menu so it speeds everything up. Hit right or left trigger to speed or slow down how fast whatever youre needing to do on your clipboard.

# 50 Von Dozier @ 08/22/08 07:03 PM
Absolutely awesome. Took every little bug known and squashed it dead quickly. Biiiiiigg kudos.

# 51 bcruise @ 08/22/08 07:59 PM
Can you elaborate on how we're going to be able to call plays in the two-minute drill? Is there still going to be a no-huddle during that time or will it just go back the playcalling window?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the update and the forthcoming patch!

# 52 firktaf @ 08/22/08 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
He just means fast on the menu so it speeds everything up. Hit right or left trigger to speed or slow down how fast whatever youre needing to do on your clipboard.
I'm glad if that works for him but, I'm almost always on fast(only slow it down if I really have to) and I have the audio stop working about 90-95% of the times that I play the game. So, I don't really think that's the answer.

But anyway, great news indeed. If possible, I'd like to hear what PS3 freezing you guys have been able to reproduce so far.

# 53 Jukeman @ 08/22/08 08:35 PM
any fixes to the audio???(PA) It seem like its a bug becuz you can barely hear him even with PA slider at 100, but sometimes he magically speak up...Just curious

# 54 gatorelk @ 08/22/08 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboywes
For everyone having freezing issues try playing it in Fast mode and see if that helps. It seems to have fixed the sound going out issue as well as the freezing issue for me.
i always play on fast. plus the majority of the freezing problems happen in the play creator (which ive stopped using altogether) and durring games. i havent noticed sound problems but i dont pay much attention to it either. im on the 360 too

# 55 Dan_Bekins @ 08/22/08 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Can you elaborate on how we're going to be able to call plays in the two-minute drill? Is there still going to be a no-huddle during that time or will it just go back the playcalling window?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the update and the forthcoming patch!
It actually turned out to be pretty solid.

Once the AI decides to go no-huddle, a Play Call item will pop into the Clipboard like normal, but it will say "Hurry!" in the subtitle.

If you dismiss this quickly, you will run no-huddle with a new play selected by the AI. I made sure the QB will spike the ball when it makes sense.

If you decide to select a play, you will run from the huddle as normal and you'll get the right personnel subbed in. Choosing to select a play will obviously take more time, so there's a risk/reward element there.

On defense, you will not get to call a play, but CPU audibles will be enabled for your team. They'll call an audible once the offense gets to the line.

# 56 fleaflicker @ 08/22/08 10:15 PM
Kudos to to you guys for acting so fast.
If you can fix the PS3 freeze...this game will be awesome!.......unfortunately.....I'll have to wait until the patch comes out to enjoy it's awesomeness!

# 57 karmageddon28 @ 08/22/08 11:00 PM
Great new! Just one question for you, though. Have you had a chance to look into the switching of CPU personel in the play calling screen. Like when it says the CPU team is coming out on offense in a big formation, but the end up coming out with 4 or 5 wr. It makes calling defense a pain in butt. I can't count how many 3rd and <4 situations where I called a 4-3 to match up with a big CPU personel package, only to have one of their many wideouts blow past a linebacker for an easy TD.

# 58 adembroski @ 08/22/08 11:03 PM
Thanks, Josh. For the record, I'm not giving up on this game yet:P Hopefully I can find some sliders or something that'll help the passing game. It's too good otherwise to not try.

# 59 ofdman @ 08/23/08 01:10 AM
I didn't go through all the pages here but is ANYONE ELSE having the "Announcer" not working? I had him for ONE GAME and now he is GONE and I can't get him back!

I have tried everything. Turning his volume all the way down and then back up, clearing the 360's cache and nothing works.

Also, the stadium announcer is gone as well.

Anyone?

# 60 badboywes @ 08/23/08 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic

Don't play it on the fastest option that is where I was having alot of issues with it. But on the fast option it seemed to work fine but this theroy needs to be researched more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.