Home
News Post

Note: Below are the patch details from the Lead Designer of NFL Head Coach 09, Josh Looman.

I got the Ok to officially say that we are doing a patch. I've wanted to say that for a week, but we had to make sure of a few things first.

Here's an update on our progress with the patch:
  • We have fixed the Play Creator/Injury Bug.
  • We have added the ability to call plays during the 2 minute drill. You guys better thank Bekins for this. Normally, this would have been a feature that would have taken forever to get in, but the kid killed himself to put it in there to help everyone out.
  • We have added Favre's stats back in the game.
  • We fixed a bug you guys didn't know about that allows me to change team philosophies in the roster update. Woo-Hoo! This lets me get the teams where I think they should be and correct some ratings issues that way.
  • We fixed the contract bug (where scrub players would ask for a ton of money when re-signing).
  • We fixed the Draft Day trading bug (where you could force every team to trade their pick by asking them to trade and then backing out)
  • We fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • We fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • We are investigating a fix to make fumbles better. Staymates found out that a fatigued player would be getting larger penalties than expected to their attributes, including their carry rating. We are greatly reducing this so that fumbles should happen less. This is going to need some more testing since a lot of different factors influence fumble chances.
  • We are also investigating a fix for CPU teams subbing out fatigued players quicker in-game so that backups get some carries. Our thresholds for subbing a guy out were too low, so we are raising those. This also needs mucho testing.
  • We are fixing any crashes we can reproduce including the issues found on PS3.
I don't have a date for when this will be delivered to you (we are working very quickly). Once we are done with it, it typically takes a couple of weeks to get through everybody else before it makes it's way to you.

As I've said before, I'm sorry for these bugs. As you can see, we are making it right.

*** Added Wednesday, August 27th ***

We are also fixing an issue with RFAs that was noticed.

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 badboywes @ 08/23/08 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
I'm glad if that works for him but, I'm almost always on fast(only slow it down if I really have to) and I have the audio stop working about 90-95% of the times that I play the game. So, I don't really think that's the answer.

But anyway, great news indeed. If possible, I'd like to hear what PS3 freezing you guys have been able to reproduce so far.

I was having the same problems as you everytime I played yesterday and the day before. I usually play on the super fast mode or what ever you call it. I decided I would try and delete my HC files to see if that would fix the freezing issues and I started a new career and was able to play without any problems threw the offseason all the way to week 3 with out any problems. I am about to play again and will post and let you know if it freezes at all wich I hope to God it don't. My theory is something is causing our saved files to get corrupted and this is causing the issue. I also think it has something to do with the audio cutting out and I think the reason for the audio cutting out is most of us are playing on super fast mode and if we click on a button while the audio part is going we cause it to freeze or the items popping up on the coach clip board make the audio die out.I hope that makes since? With it just on the Fast mode I noticed a few times where the audio almost died but in fast mode it was able to catch it's self before going out. I don't know all of the technical lingo but this is what I think is the issue.

# 62 sammyc521 @ 08/23/08 03:25 AM
You know that scene in "Tropic Thunder" where Jack Black's character is tied up and negotiating to be released...

That offer is on the table for the HC Devs if they pull this off.

Just kidding...

# 63 mjgill85 @ 08/23/08 04:25 AM
Wow. Pretty much everything is covered!

Fingers crossed you can identify some of the freeze problems and this game will be smooth as silk

# 64 LingeringRegime @ 08/23/08 06:41 AM
Josh, Bekins, and the whole team...

THANK YOU!!!!!

# 65 Tweeg @ 08/23/08 09:30 AM
This HC group is amazing.

# 66 TheDutchDad @ 08/23/08 11:45 AM
Not sure if this was answered or not, but will we have to restart our careers in order to make take advantage of the fixes, i.e, Salary bug, and Injury bug?

# 67 sportsdude @ 08/23/08 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Not sure if this was answered or not, but will we have to restart our careers in order to make take advantage of the fixes, i.e, Salary bug, and Injury bug?
I'd like to know as well.

Having said that, I just read all in the info about the patch and I wanted to say thank you so much to the dev team. Pretty much my complaints about the game appear that they'll be fixed with this patch. I can see myself playing this for a long, long time now.

# 68 MizzouRah @ 08/23/08 12:21 PM
Very happy to read about the patch Josh, thank you!!!

I'm considering all my time with the game so far just practice.. once the patch hits, it's time to right this ship in St. Louis!

# 69 osubucksfan47 @ 08/24/08 01:42 AM
I am on my second career with the Texans and have agani experienced a game ruining crash. No matter what I do, I am unable to advance past a certain point as the game freezes every time. This is on Xbox 360, and both times it has occurred in the middle of the week, at 12 noon, after I am prompted to choose a gameplan. Will this be looked into. I'm sick of wasting my time by playing my career only to feel it will suddenly end on me.

# 70 Dice @ 08/24/08 07:50 AM
Josh,

Question on the fatigue tweaking for the patch. Will this tweaking only affect RB's and/or WR's OR will it affect everybody? Will we see RB's/WR's get subbed out more frequently due to fatigue? Which is normal. OR will we also see O-lineman and QB's get subbed out more frequently due to fatigue? Which is not normal.

Thanks to you and the HC09 team for all your hard work. Keep it up!

# 71 woowoo782 @ 08/24/08 02:13 PM
how do you get the patch? is it free?

# 72 TheDutchDad @ 08/24/08 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo782
how do you get the patch? is it free?
It will be automatically downloaded to your system once you load the game after it's released, and yes, it's free.

# 73 Josh_Looman @ 08/25/08 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
I am on my second career with the Texans and have agani experienced a game ruining crash. No matter what I do, I am unable to advance past a certain point as the game freezes every time. This is on Xbox 360, and both times it has occurred in the middle of the week, at 12 noon, after I am prompted to choose a gameplan. Will this be looked into. I'm sick of wasting my time by playing my career only to feel it will suddenly end on me.
Do you remember any details?

Was it in year one? Which team? Which week?

# 74 DA KING @ 08/25/08 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Do you remember any details?

Was it in year one? Which team? Which week?
happened to me too. Year one. Play creator would pop up on the clipboard and no matter what I did. It froze. Had to restart my career. I was using the Jags

# 75 eaglesfan27 @ 08/25/08 06:21 PM
I can't wait to get this in September when the stand alone releases. I was already sold, but the news of this patch and what it fixes has me thinking this will be one of those games that gets talked about in a few years when we are looking back at the best sports games of the past decade.

# 76 gatorelk @ 08/25/08 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmageddon28
Great new! Just one question for you, though. Have you had a chance to look into the switching of CPU personel in the play calling screen. Like when it says the CPU team is coming out on offense in a big formation, but the end up coming out with 4 or 5 wr. It makes calling defense a pain in butt. I can't count how many 3rd and <4 situations where I called a 4-3 to match up with a big CPU personel package, only to have one of their many wideouts blow past a linebacker for an easy TD.
i agree. i have been having the same problems. i dont know if they are using WR as TE or what but it will say 3 WR and they they come out 2 TE, 1 WR and vice versa. it kinda sucks the strategy out of it...

# 77 Dan_Bekins @ 08/25/08 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
We will not be changing the save file format, so you should not have to start your career over.

# 78 Tweeg @ 08/25/08 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
We will not be changing the save file format, so you should not have to start your career over.
EXCELLENT!

# 79 Dan_Bekins @ 08/25/08 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
We've been able to reproduce this thanks to some help from the OS community.

The good news is that we can definitely fix the problem. You should be able to resume your save file once you download the patch.

The bad news is that there's no real workaround at this point, so you'll have to play another career until then.

I apologize for this issue. It sucks.

# 80 TheDutchDad @ 08/25/08 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
Sorry for the dumb question, but does that mean that the fixes in the patch take effect in your save game then?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.