Home
Madden 09 News Post

I'm back now and wanted to relay some news - we found and fixed the Franchise freezing issue that some have been seeing and decided to delay the patch a couple of days in order to get that in. Major thanks to this community ...a few folks here on OperationSports actually emailed me PS3 Franchise files which allowed us to track the issue down much more quickly. You guys rock - as always!

The patch is now at our internal quality control group, and then on to Sony and Microsoft by (we think) Friday.

We are still targeting about 2-3 weeks from now for the patch to drop, and of course I will keep you updated as things progress.

Ian

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/04/08 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Glad we could make you laugh.
It's actually more like a sigh. Probably looks something like followed by .

# 42 Tomba @ 09/04/08 10:38 AM
Quote:
I was wondering the same thing.
Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. it was stated that it was going out in the morning for certification....

# 43 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/04/08 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. it was stated that it was going out in the morning for certification....
Again, guys, lol. Is it THAT HARD to imagine that just MAYBE they found the franchise freezing issue to be important enough to pull the patch back and resubmit it with the fix for that issue?

# 44 ddv25 @ 09/04/08 10:48 AM
Thanks Ian for finding the fix quickly and getting it into the second patch. I was just wondering whether you guys found out some kind of workaround for the freezes since you got to the problem. Another question is: Do we have to start the franchise over or will I be able to continue my franchise (had a lot of fun with that one...)

ty

# 45 kt-od @ 09/04/08 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Again, guys, lol. Is it THAT HARD to imagine that just MAYBE they found the franchise freezing issue to be important enough to pull the patch back and resubmit it with the fix for that issue?
Well TJ,

I will have to plead ignorance. I really didn't know that it was that easy to put a hault on a patch. So forgive me for making you have that big lump on your head, from banging it against the wall.

# 46 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/04/08 11:10 AM
Quote:
Well TJ,

I will have to plead ignorance. I really didn't know that it was that easy to put a hault on a patch. So forgive me for making you have that big lump on your head, from banging it against the wall.
I appreciate that apology. Now please PM me your mailing address so I can forward you the bill for my rehab because moderating the Madden Forum has driven me to drinking.

# 47 ab2c4 @ 09/04/08 11:21 AM
I appreciate the update, at least we know what is going on. I personally don't care that it will be another 2-3 weeks until the patch comes out because the patch is only half of what the game needs to be a playable sim anyways. Plus, even though my copy never locked up on me I would rather wait and have that issue fixed for the people that it is affecting. Even after patch #2 comes out my copy of Madden 09 will continue collecting dust until the DLC is released. I won't even try playing any more Madden until the cpu sliders are back in. But hey, I have NCAA 08 to hold me over (I already sold 09, patch #2 didn't fix it enough to be a playable sim) so my football video gaming needs are being met.

# 48 TheDutchDad @ 09/04/08 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I appreciate the update, at least we know what is going on. I personally don't care that it will be another 2-3 weeks until the patch comes out because the patch is only half of what the game needs to be a playable sim anyways. Plus, even though my copy never locked up on me I would rather wait and have that issue fixed for the people that it is affecting. Even after patch #2 comes out my copy of Madden 09 will continue collecting dust until the DLC is released. I won't even try playing any more Madden until the cpu sliders are back in. But hey, I have NCAA 08 to hold me over (I already sold 09, patch #2 didn't fix it enough to be a playable sim) so my football video gaming needs are being met.
Hard to please much?

NCAA 09 is a great game with patch 2.

# 49 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 09/04/08 12:17 PM
Thanks Ian !

# 50 brendanrfoley @ 09/04/08 12:20 PM
Quote:
I appreciate that apology. Now please PM me your mailing address so I can forward you the bill for my rehab because moderating the Madden Forum has driven me to drinking.
Rehab?

Hell, use that money to open another tab!

# 51 haroldthebarrel @ 09/04/08 12:36 PM
but as of now are there any way to get around the franchise crash bugs?
I experience both in game, at the second play of my first drive, and just before the training screen goes into animations.

# 52 ab2c4 @ 09/04/08 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Hard to please much?

NCAA 09 is a great game with patch 2.
I want my games to play out as close to real life as possible (sim). I think NCAA 09 is fine for people ok with an arcade style of football, but not for the sim players. This isn't the NCAA board so I am not going to go into all the problems NCAA 09 has even after patch #2.

# 53 jetsfansiny79 @ 09/04/08 12:42 PM
Quote:
Uhhh...an e-mail?

Pretty simple to me. You guys kill me sometimes.
I agree that Ea could of just said hold off on sending that patch out, but why. Couldn't they just let the patch go threw and sumbit the franchise patch later.

# 54 kt-od @ 09/04/08 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
I agree that Ea could of just said hold off on sending that patch out, but why. Couldn't they just let the patch go threw and sumbit the franchise patch later.
I have heard that they are only allowed 2 free patches per game. So that's probably why they chose to hold off on it.

# 55 Scoop 24 @ 09/04/08 12:52 PM
well that sucks. i usually try and finish a few seasons before the nba games come out. looks like that wont happen.guess i'll be benching madden especially with the socom beta coming friday.

# 56 mikeveli20 @ 09/04/08 01:12 PM
I'm not sure what the big deal is about the delay. It's only an extra week really. Ian said on the 25th of August that it would probably be 2-3 weeks from that day. Well just over a week later, he says about 2-3 weeks from now so that's only 1 extra week. I'd rather it come out a week later with the franchise freezing fixed.

# 57 callmetaternuts @ 09/04/08 01:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Hoping it gets rolling here soon. Cant wait to jump in to the franchise and have everything function normally!!

# 58 Vikes1 @ 09/04/08 01:37 PM
Quote:
MAYBE they found the franchise freezing issue to be important enough to pull the patch back and resubmit it with the fix for that issue?
And thankfully TJ they did.

I completely agree with your earlier statement about the game wasting your time if/when it locks up.

As a franchise player...all the other fixes are pointless if your franchise is froze solid. I was questioning the wisdom of patch #2 without including this freezing issue being addressed. If my franchise had froze...I would never had risked it happening again. Rendering Madden '09' nearly worthless to me.

So waiting for this fix to me, is MORE than worth it.

# 59 shades @ 09/04/08 01:38 PM
How about we get a patch v1.5 this week for all the online glitches? and in 3 weeks you can release patch 2 for whatever else need to get fixed

# 60 mgoblue @ 09/04/08 01:43 PM
Quote:
Believe me guys...as someone who didn't see the franchise freezing issue until Year 3, I am MORE than willing to wait 2-3 weeks for this patch. Nothing like dedicating 40 hours of your life to a video game only to find out you can't proceed on to Year 3.

Had it not been for this franchise freezing issue, I'm sure the patch would be in your hands much sooner...but that problem wasn't found until recently.

Ian and the rest of the crew at Tiburon...a very heart felt thank you!
Ditto...I can now play my franchise and not worry about all that time and effort being for nothing!

Thanks Ian and everyone!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.