Home
News Post

A user from the 2K Sports forums, that goes by the name ITALYN, has posted some detailed information on NBA 2K9. The information is from the back of the retail box cover.

Quote:
  • Living Rosters - You'll bever be late on a trade again. Automatic updates by the hour guarantee you`re playing with the most current roster and the hottest starters.
  • 2KHD - Breathtaking action in full HD Resolution brings you radically improved facial tectures and eye movement, true-to-life crowd reactions and celebration sequences, and much more.
  • Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
  • Team 2k - Prove your one of the 10 best online players to earn a spot in the hall of fame, recieve limited edition memorabilia, and get your name in next year's game.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tabulaRasa @ 09/04/08 05:23 AM
sweet Updates by the hour, hehe, beats waiting weeks for roster updates hehe...

Cool stuff. Defensive sigs? Nice.

# 2 Goffs @ 09/04/08 05:42 AM
hmm now for the gameplay vids!!

# 3 trobinson97 @ 09/04/08 06:30 AM
That's hot.

Come on October.

Online Hall of Fame, sounds interesting. I hope that's implemented in a way that doesn't reward cheesing.

# 4 bateman11 @ 09/04/08 06:55 AM
I don't see how that really accomplishes anything(the 'Living Roster'). I guess it's a nice touch.

# 5 trobinson97 @ 09/04/08 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I don't see how that really accomplishes anything(the 'Living Roster'). I guess it's a nice touch.

You don't think getting roster updates within the hour of a big trade accomplishes anything?

# 6 bateman11 @ 09/04/08 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
You don't think getting roster updates within the hour of a big trade accomplishes anything?
How often do big trades happen?

Im basically comparing it to daily updates.

# 7 trobinson97 @ 09/04/08 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
How often do big trades happen?

Im basically comparing it to daily updates.
Yeah I thought you might be.

Trades, FA signings, releases, injuries, etc. Getting updates quickly when those things happen doesn't accomplish much you say? Well, to each his own, I think it's a great feature.

# 8 demencia_total @ 09/04/08 07:15 AM
With the hourly updates, if 2k is now linked with nba.com, all they have to do is automate the scanning of rosters & depth charts on an hourly basis. It's not like it involves tons of man hours from people checking & updating. Or maybe they hired some gnomes to do the job.

# 9 demencia_total @ 09/04/08 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
pet gnomes are great. . . .

But im itching to see what they are holding out on as far as online play because the number of players has me interested.
Well of course, that is the part that is the most intriguing. Unless it's a typo, which I highly doubt. Hopefully when NHL 2k9 is out of the way, they'll open the floodgates and explain everything in detail & bring the much awaited game play videos and the demo!

# 10 STLRams @ 09/04/08 08:30 AM
My two questions about the hourly updates are, if there is a new rookie or player not in the game and the game updates based on what's on NBA .com, does the game automatically just create that player and put him on the roster? Also with these hourly roster updates, will the game update player ratings and tendencies? If not I hate to say it but this feature still doesn't match the Live 365 feature, cause that will update player and team tendencies and ratings. Its still a huge step in the right direction by 2K as far as roster updates.

# 11 Mintsa @ 09/04/08 08:40 AM
Hopefully they put out GOOD roster updates and actually create some players..............not the dreadful updates that they have been putting out recently. This sounds really good but Im gonna take a wait and see approach with this.

# 12 ZephyrSong @ 09/04/08 08:49 AM
My only problem with the hourly updates is that 2k said they can't really create players if they aren't part of the existing template just like the Jamario Moon thing whom they never created. (But they did put up Carl Landry, very weird)

Nevertheless, if they will work hard to put every single scrub transaction then fine... I just hope it gets executed well.

# 13 ZephyrSong @ 09/04/08 08:51 AM
And oh.. to those saying that the hourly updates is overkill... I think you read it wrong (and I did too during the first time)

Basically if there's a transaction 2k will put it up in the next hour (or knowing them in the next hours) So it's not like every hour there's a roster update for hot and cold or something like that... Capiche?

# 14 Fistpick @ 09/04/08 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
I actually like the hrly updates because during the regular season, i can play the game, go get something to eat and come back and enjoy the most up to date Rockets injury lol
Lmao. I think hourly IS a little much. Daily would even be. Weekly updates is all that is really needed, but I won't complain regardless. I didn't complain when they gave them twice a year.

# 15 DC @ 09/04/08 09:14 AM
If these dudes can't CORRECTLY update BI-ANNUALLY how the hell do they expect us to have faith in them CORRECTLY do it hourly.

# 16 OSUFan_88 @ 09/04/08 09:19 AM
Defense Sig Style = Awesome.

Online HOF = Awesome

Hourly Updates = I'll wait to see it.

# 17 BobbyColtrane @ 09/04/08 09:21 AM
it seems kind of silly to update HOURLY. maybe daily would be good. i can't wait for tim duncan to have an off night and watch his OVR drop to 55 or something.

i can't wait for the online HOF for the glorification of these cats that do nothing but dunk and shoot 3s all day.

# 18 Mintsa @ 09/04/08 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
If these dudes can't CORRECTLY update BI-ANNUALLY how the hell do they expect us to have faith in them CORRECTLY do it hourly.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.....the roster updates was one of the worst things about 2k. They were just terrible !

# 19 mvb34 @ 09/04/08 09:32 AM
Ho hum!!

# 20 Rebel_INS @ 09/04/08 09:34 AM
I'm just curious...why would Kobe have on those generic kicks on the back of the box?

Kinda makes me question the authenticity of this 2 a degree...

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.