Home
News Post

A user from the 2K Sports forums, that goes by the name ITALYN, has posted some detailed information on NBA 2K9. The information is from the back of the retail box cover.

Quote:
  • Living Rosters - You'll bever be late on a trade again. Automatic updates by the hour guarantee you`re playing with the most current roster and the hottest starters.
  • 2KHD - Breathtaking action in full HD Resolution brings you radically improved facial tectures and eye movement, true-to-life crowd reactions and celebration sequences, and much more.
  • Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
  • Team 2k - Prove your one of the 10 best online players to earn a spot in the hall of fame, recieve limited edition memorabilia, and get your name in next year's game.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DC @ 09/04/08 09:35 AM
Yea I don't get this at all man. Why put yourself (2K) in a position to fail. Unless they fired the roster dude that has been working there then there is no reason for them to put themselves out there like that with a feature like HOURLY Updates. I man why?

Good to hear defensive signatures; interested about those

# 22 laforr77 @ 09/04/08 09:35 AM
I seriously doubt that 2k will be trying to do roster updates manually by the hour... they got to be using some kind of automated system that updates their database based on NBA.com (presumably). But I think there could be a chance that it extends past just rosters.

The text reads:
Living Rosters - You'll never be late on a trade again. Automatic updates by the hour guarantee you're playing with the most current roster and the hottest starters.

If not full blown ratings updates, possibly biorhythm updates? Too much of a reach you think?

# 23 demencia_total @ 09/04/08 09:35 AM
The pessimism is justified given their track record. However, if there is some integration directly with the NBA as far as rosters and depth charts go - not stats or tendencies - then they could get it right. Of course, that is a HUGE assumption, and there is still the issue of players who weren't previously included in the game as you guys mentioned. In the end, community rosters will always win out anyways, specially now with 2k Share and player DNA.

# 24 spursfan @ 09/04/08 10:18 AM
The only thing new is the hourly toster updates. All the rest of the info, we already knew.

# 25 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
If these dudes can't CORRECTLY update BI-ANNUALLY how the hell do they expect us to have faith in them CORRECTLY do it hourly.
They never promised having updated rosters before.

# 26 timotim19 @ 09/04/08 10:41 AM
Looks like yet another let down for me this year as far as the custom soundtracks/arena music.

# 27 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 10:57 AM
Stream your music. Problem solved.

# 28 DC @ 09/04/08 10:58 AM
It's not the same thing man. You have to go to your dashboard, play, pause, select tracks. NOT the same thing

# 29 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 11:01 AM
Quote:
It's not the same thing man. You have to go to your dashboard, play, pause, select tracks. NOT the same thing
You don't have to do all that. You press the guide button and select all songs from either your hard drive or ipod. It's not the same as how nfl2k5 had it but it's better than how they had it in the nba series.

# 30 23 @ 09/04/08 11:04 AM
To his credit tmagic did post this stuff a couple of days ago and i locked it due to non confirmation, but I should've known becasue i saw the cover at gamestop on Sunday night when i went to pick up Mercs2

I dont remember seeing that KG pointing pic, but the others were def on it, and I do remember seeing 2K HD, but I left it alone because i was trying to snatch the game up before the food place closed right before it was time for the movie to start.

Anyhow, this info is still blah. Come on marketing... show us what the guys made for us this year!

# 31 DC @ 09/04/08 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You don't have to do all that. You press the guide button and select all songs from either your hard drive or ipod. It's not the same as how nfl2k5 had it but it's better than how they had it in the nba series.
So you are just telling me to create a playlist?

# 32 H to the G @ 09/04/08 11:37 AM
I realize it's petty to point out grammatical mistakes, but they spelled you're wrong on the box cover.

# 33 CFav @ 09/04/08 11:51 AM
Quote:
If these dudes can't CORRECTLY update BI-ANNUALLY how the hell do they expect us to have faith in them CORRECTLY do it hourly.

LMAO....very true DC, but maybe they got their act together...I mean, if a LOT of folks around this site can keep giving the lames at EA Sports the benefit of the doubt every year w/ Sadden, then why not give it to 2K also...

# 34 mikedeezy @ 09/04/08 11:53 AM
at the end of the day 2k still has to make money, if they made perfect roster updates people would hardly by the new games, im thinking since their going all in on the roster updates that this could be the last 2k game? im not sure if Ea is still trying to buy out 2k but thats what i concluded to lol

# 35 MrSimCity @ 09/04/08 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
LMAO....very true DC, but maybe they got their act together...I mean, if a LOT of folks around this site can keep giving the lames at EA Sports the benefit of the doubt every year w/ Sadden, then why not give it to 2K also...

They dont have to update it HOURLY per say, but if something happens in the league, injury trade or whatever, it would be updated in the game in the next hour... at least that's what i think the intent is

# 36 Shakedowncapo @ 09/04/08 01:09 PM
Guys, we wont get anything today..2k marketing probably thinks the NFL kickoff will take its flair away..

# 37 DC @ 09/04/08 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Guys, we wont get anything today..2k marketing probably thinks the NFL kickoff will take its flair away..

# 38 orrkl2002 @ 09/04/08 01:23 PM
Quote:
Yea I don't get this at all man. Why put yourself (2K) in a position to fail. Unless they fired the roster dude that has been working there then there is no reason for them to put themselves out there like that with a feature like HOURLY Updates. I man why?

Good to hear defensive signatures; interested about those

Tough crowd!! If I were 2k I wouldnt release info either if I knew it was going to be bashed immediately! Give them time to present the info before bashing it. And the funny thing is 2K DIDNT EVEN OFFICIALLY RELEASE THIS INFO LMAO! People whine ands cry about lack of info and then when we get underground insight yall bash them like they have never delivered a solid game. Yall a trip LOL!

# 39 timotim19 @ 09/04/08 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I have a playlist already created, as I do every year. The problem is that I have to constantly pause/start/stop the playlist from the guide everytime I move in and out of the game's menu to game and vice versa. Further more this wouldn't even begin to cover "arena music" for very specific situations like missed freethrows, made 3 pointers, foul outs, halftime etc. Again, if something worked perfect before why remove it?

# 40 DC @ 09/04/08 01:25 PM
So what if they didn't release the info OFFICIALLY. It is sitting on the damn display box. What more do I need to know

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.