Home
News Post

A user from the 2K Sports forums, that goes by the name ITALYN, has posted some detailed information on NBA 2K9. The information is from the back of the retail box cover.

Quote:
  • Living Rosters - You'll bever be late on a trade again. Automatic updates by the hour guarantee you`re playing with the most current roster and the hottest starters.
  • 2KHD - Breathtaking action in full HD Resolution brings you radically improved facial tectures and eye movement, true-to-life crowd reactions and celebration sequences, and much more.
  • Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
  • Team 2k - Prove your one of the 10 best online players to earn a spot in the hall of fame, recieve limited edition memorabilia, and get your name in next year's game.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 H to the G @ 09/04/08 01:38 PM
I wonder if they'll have Bowen's signature illegal hand checking that never gets called and his leg planting technique when he contests shots.

# 42 TMagic @ 09/04/08 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
To his credit tmagic did post this stuff a couple of days ago and i locked it due to non confirmation, but I should've known becasue i saw the cover at gamestop on Sunday night when i went to pick up Mercs2
Thank you sir.

Quote:
DCAllAmerican
LOL @ Hourly updates
Quote:
Stumbleweed
Haha, what? Why in the hell would they do HOURLY updates... that's probably overkill, considering that nothing of any significance happens on that kind of basis. It would definitely one-up EA though. I wouldn't put any credibility behind it though... sounds like a fan-made rumor.
Quote:
deetoman
The 2k9 boards over at that 2k site is like being in a colt......and you shouldn't believe a lot of the crap without proof.
Quote:
rockchisler
Hourly? no way, it makes no sense, "Shaq had a double cheeseburger for dinner at 5pm, Speed decrease from 73 to 72" Haha

Good one by the way.

Quote:
The 24th Letter
now, as far as the hourly updates....
but ill GLADLY eat crow if that ends up being true..

# 43 RubenDouglas @ 09/04/08 01:41 PM
I remember NBA2k on the dreamcast promoting and promising that:

- "if the boston celtics decide to shave their heads, we'll have it via roster updates"

-"if boston decides to all wear white headbands for some games, we'll add it in via roster updates"

-"if the kings decide to wear black shoes with black socks for home games, we'll add in there via roster updates"

-"if so and so changes hair styles, we'll have an update for ya".

It's been almost 10 years and we have never gotten any of that. I guess atleast now, they arent PROMISING facial and graphical updates or changes, but text and menu based movements. so they really arent promising outrageous stuff like years ago

But if the 2k series wanted to do it big time, they would offer those graphical changes to us. Dirk decides to shave his head... boom.. its in the games updated roster file. they spent months adding nashs wavy hair only for him to shave it... thats the next step.

-facial and accersory based updates ( if Jermaine Oneal builds a trend with 7-10 games into the season where he always has a certain colored headband, fix that up for us. make a new default)

# 44 DC @ 09/04/08 01:43 PM
Or just let us edit people's hairs for god sake

# 45 Goffs @ 09/04/08 01:45 PM
i like the idea ruben

# 46 orrkl2002 @ 09/04/08 01:45 PM
I say we chill and wait for some official info and then judge, but honestly judging wont matter because Im pretty sure everyone here will be ponying up 60 dollars for the game anyway. 2k listened to our wishlists in the past and delivered on most, so unless Take 2 has already been taken over by the "enemy" I dont see them putting in stupid gimmicks and to impress us Im pretty sure they know what they're doing. BTW if they thought of the whole roster updating phenom first and they just kept it quiet, then it makes total since for a hourly update feature.

# 47 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/08 01:51 PM
Instant updates (as this basically is) is definitely different from hourly updates. Heh, I stand by my post -- if they were updating it literally every hour, constantly, that would be complete overkill.

Good news. As long as the created players (brought up from D-League, etc.) get made reasonably quickly as well, this will be great. Also, this synching with nba.com would ensure that the 13th-15th men will get included as well, which was a lot of the issue with 2K8's crappy updates.

# 48 Iadf @ 09/04/08 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I know , freaking chris bosh has had dreads forever. and i want to change it, im not sure why this bugs me so much

But none of this info really interest me except the defensive signatures .

# 49 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
I have a playlist already created, as I do every year. The problem is that I have to constantly pause/start/stop the playlist from the guide everytime I move in and out of the game's menu to game and vice versa. Further more this wouldn't even begin to cover "arena music" for very specific situations like missed freethrows, made 3 pointers, foul outs, halftime etc. Again, if something worked perfect before why remove it?
Because it didn't work perfectly, it was terrible the way they had it in nba2k5. Why would you need to pause or stop anything anyway?

# 50 Pared @ 09/04/08 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Pretty sure it's not possible with the way they do their player faces/likenesses.

Could also be a stipulation of the NBAPA and not allowing changes.

# 51 timotim19 @ 09/04/08 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Because it didn't work perfectly, it was terrible the way they had it in nba2k5. Why would you need to pause or stop anything anyway?

Well for one yes, their custom soundtracks for menu music did work perfectly and was like every other VC game that used it (NFL2K5, NHL2K5 etc.) however I was talking in general terms from the developer themselves (2K/VC) in things they were able to pull off before. You are right in that their arena music was pretty bad but thats why its such a let down for me because it looks like its yet another year of them not even ATTEMPTING to redeem themselves or by taking a feature that was very good for its time (it was VC's sports games that used the feature on XBOX1 to its fullest and the very reason why 360 had it built in) and not bringing it into this generation of consoles. Maybe Im wrong though, maybe its just a US feature, who knows but by reading the back of the box, it aint looking good.

PS: I would constantly have to stop and start it because I dont want "MENU MUSIC" playing during the on-the-court part of the game. I want everything to que up at its proper time.

# 52 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 03:34 PM
I'm not talking about menu music, I'm talking about the arena music.

# 53 timotim19 @ 09/04/08 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I'm not talking about menu music, I'm talking about the arena music.
Then I suggest you try to understand where a person is coming from before you go off responding to them. As I said in my first post "custom soundtracks/arena music". From reading the box this game has neither so I cant see your argument either way. However, really dont understand how effective you think arena music will be by just making a playlist on ones PC and streaming it... it would resemble nothing like what you hear in a real arena and would take me completely out of the experience.

# 54 akiracy @ 09/04/08 03:46 PM
i think you guys are going overboard with what hourly updates mean

-it won't be able to create players that weren't already in the game for you

-it won't update ratings

-why would it update injuries? so you can't use a certain player ingame?

-it won't player update hairdos and accessories

it feels like i'm reading the 2k boards with some of the suggestions you guys are tossing out

since 2k is linked with nba.com they can easily track rosters and automatically update them. it has no way of doing any of the things listed above. those things will be added/changed via patches where they have to manually do it.

p.s. accessories? really?

# 55 DC @ 09/04/08 04:20 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately the community guys will do a FAR better job at that stuff then 2K ever will, even with this so-called live update stuff.
Main point of this entire post

# 56 Pared @ 09/04/08 04:24 PM
And you won't be playing online with the "community guy's" edits.

Have some faith, people. If it bothers you that much that someone doesn't have the correct color baller bands... well...

# 57 SageInfinite @ 09/04/08 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
And you won't be playing online with the "community guy's" edits.

Have some faith, people. If it bothers you that much that someone doesn't have the correct color baller bands... well...
If they finally give us good editing options I know I wouldn't care. I wouldn't expect the developer to get everything right. Just give me the option to get it right if I chose to do so

# 58 DC @ 09/04/08 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Have some faith, people.
Why should we? Honestly?

# 59 H to the G @ 09/04/08 04:45 PM
Are you going to buy it?

# 60 B-Wills @ 09/04/08 04:47 PM
This hourly update thing sounds like it has failure written all over it.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.