Home
News Post

A user from the 2K Sports forums, that goes by the name ITALYN, has posted some detailed information on NBA 2K9. The information is from the back of the retail box cover.

Quote:
  • Living Rosters - You'll bever be late on a trade again. Automatic updates by the hour guarantee you`re playing with the most current roster and the hottest starters.
  • 2KHD - Breathtaking action in full HD Resolution brings you radically improved facial tectures and eye movement, true-to-life crowd reactions and celebration sequences, and much more.
  • Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
  • Team 2k - Prove your one of the 10 best online players to earn a spot in the hall of fame, recieve limited edition memorabilia, and get your name in next year's game.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Pared @ 09/04/08 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Why should we? Honestly?
Because I said so.

Seriously though... they know EA's touting this feature and they're setting themselves up to at least equal it.

But again, if you're more concerned with a change like a half-arm white shooting sleeve to a black full-arm shooting sleeve... well... I don't think anyone will fill that need.

# 62 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 05:00 PM
Upon further inspection, that back of the box pictures looks fake. Typo; "Prove your one of the best". You think that wouldn't get past someone before shipping out? It only having the 1st batch of pictures that were released to media. KDRE saying he doesn't recall the KG pointing picture..

# 63 eko718 @ 09/04/08 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
i think you guys are going overboard with what hourly updates mean

-it won't be able to create players that weren't already in the game for you

-it won't update ratings

-why would it update injuries? so you can't use a certain player ingame?

-it won't player update hairdos and accessories

it feels like i'm reading the 2k boards with some of the suggestions you guys are tossing out

since 2k is linked with nba.com they can easily track rosters and automatically update them. it has no way of doing any of the things listed above. those things will be added/changed via patches where they have to manually do it.

NOBODY except 2K knows specifically what the updates will and will not cover. I think we all need to slow down a bit and just wait and see.

Not directed towards the above quote, but its amazing how people find things to complain about even in the midst of potentially GREAT news. The fact that 2K has even recognized the lack of roster updates as an issue and is seeking to address that is a POSITIVE thing. Its rediculous how ungrateful some people are.

# 64 timotim19 @ 09/04/08 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If they finally give us good editing options I know I wouldn't care. I wouldn't expect the developer to get everything right. Just give me the option to get it right if I chose to do so
This is how I feel about the draft classes. I boggles my mind that every year in the past it was something terribly wrong with them yet they never allowed us to simply edit the way the looked coming out of CHoops... had they done this all would have been fine, instead they they leave us stuck with alien looking players with orange skin and black **** around their lips.

# 65 juicey79 @ 09/04/08 05:39 PM
I think hourly updates mean that they will have a update within a hour of player movement verification. Thats my thought, and that arena music thing was hot for NFL2k5. They did screw up th queue time for nba 2k5. It would be cool if they can add it in and make it work better than 2k5. I think they understood they screwed it up b/c it wasnt in 2k6. In nfl2k5 i actually bought a couple of espn stadium cd's. It worked perfect.

# 66 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Then I suggest you try to understand where a person is coming from before you go off responding to them. As I said in my first post "custom soundtracks/arena music". From reading the box this game has neither so I cant see your argument either way. However, really dont understand how effective you think arena music will be by just making a playlist on ones PC and streaming it... it would resemble nothing like what you hear in a real arena and would take me completely out of the experience.
You should explain what you're talking about before you get offended. Either way it doesn't matter since you can have your own custom soundtrack by streaming the music and the arena music setup that they last used for the nba series sucked.

# 67 DTX3 @ 09/04/08 06:20 PM
Quote:
Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
Does that mean....

# 68 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/08 06:22 PM
To be fair, those typos (the "your" aside) were not on the actual box, just in the first post of this thread. No way 2K would release a box with that many errors on it, though I can see how the "your" could slip by. Mis-spelling signature would never slip past.

Still skeptical until we get confirmation from SimBaller, etc. Grainy-looking box art from Australia isn't enough to make me think this is verified.

# 69 timotim19 @ 09/04/08 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You should explain what you're talking about before you get offended. Either way it doesn't matter since you can have your own custom soundtrack by streaming the music and the arena music setup that they last used for the nba series sucked.
Are you serious? I dont have to explain anything... I simply left a comment on a sports message board. Again, you responded to me, not the other way around. Seems to me you dont know the difference between custom soundtrack and arena music, even though I covered both in my original statement. Listen man, if your comfortable with making playlist of songs to play over the entire game - fine, i dont. If I want to feel let down by the fact that they may not have it then thats me.

# 70 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
To be fair, those typos (the "your" aside) were not on the actual box, just in the first post of this thread. No way 2K would release a box with that many errors on it, though I can see how the "your" could slip by. Mis-spelling signature would never slip past.

Still skeptical until we get confirmation from SimBaller, etc. Grainy-looking box art from Australia isn't enough to make me think this is verified.
The typo that I mentioned "Prove your one of the best" is on the box.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...rnettCover.jpg

# 71 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
To be fair, those typos (the "your" aside) were not on the actual box
Yeah, I noticed that. It's surprising that would slip through still, but it certainly makes more sense than those ridiculous typos in the first post.

Definitely need confirmation on this from 2K before I get excited. Doesn't sound that outlandish with some more context, but this box art isn't doing anything for me.

# 72 eko718 @ 09/04/08 06:40 PM
Typo's exist on boxes. Its happened before. Some cats are so scared to be gullable to the point of over scepticism. The other photos do not seem like they could have been doctored, and It doesn't seem feasible that someone would make all this up.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...3092008044.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...3092008042.jpg

If you look close at those boxes, the same text appears to be there.

# 73 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 06:42 PM
Of course the same text is there, why would they photoshop a whole new box? You resize and add effects

# 74 eko718 @ 09/04/08 06:46 PM
Well, I am pretty much a pro at photoshop and that does not look doctored.

Edit: Additionally, the font would not look that way if it were decreased to that extent(referring to the box on the rack).

# 75 footballfanatic1 @ 09/04/08 06:52 PM
I assume the player updates is kind of similar to Live's 365?

# 76 syk_skillz @ 09/04/08 08:06 PM
Quote:
I understand what timotim19 is saying and I agree that the Arena Music needs to return if they can do it right like in NFL 2K5. I miss the feature myself also. timotim19 is saying that music doesn't play throughout fully through a game. With Arena Music songs and sounds play at specific times for each action on court like in real life. Custom Soundtracks sucks for this since it cant realize when to pause and start throughout games being played meaning songs are played all the way through and never stops making it very unrealistic compared to watching a real game on TV or being at a game.

# 77 k3yD @ 09/04/08 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
sweet Updates by the hour, hehe, beats waiting weeks for roster updates hehe...
Man, I remember the days of gathering the Sports section of different newspapers just so I'd be up to date on my NBA Live '98 game!

Then came the downloading of rosters via official updates and fan-made rosters and then now, hourly roster updates!

Gotta love technology!

# 78 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Are you serious? I dont have to explain anything... I simply left a comment on a sports message board. Again, you responded to me, not the other way around. Seems to me you dont know the difference between custom soundtrack and arena music, even though I covered both in my original statement. Listen man, if your comfortable with making playlist of songs to play over the entire game - fine, i dont. If I want to feel let down by the fact that they may not have it then thats me.
I know what the difference is but what you're complaining about isn't a real issue when the nba2k series didn't have arena music implemented well and streaming music is exactly the same as having a custom soundtrack that you set in a game.

# 79 timotim19 @ 09/04/08 10:39 PM
Quote:
I know what the difference is but what you're complaining about isn't a real issue when the nba2k series didn't have arena music implemented well and streaming music is exactly the same as having a custom soundtrack that you set in a game.

Yeah... you just proved my point. First, you keep talking about what was implemented in NBA2K5 when Im talking about 2K9. I never mentioned NBA2K5 at all and certainly not as an example of what I was hoping for with the feature... why you keep bringing that up I dont know. I talked about VC implementing custom soundtracks/arena music PERIOD, not the same as what was done in NBA2K5... if you need an example, I would give NFL2K5/NHL2K5 as to what Im looking for. I admitted it wasn't done very good at all in NBA2K5 but VC did handle the same feature in those other games as well so they obviously know how to implement it right. I think you need to go back and play the games mentioned above though because as far as custom soundtracks go, all of them did it right, even NBA2K5. What im looking for is for the tracks to ONLY play in the menus, once the game starts then the arena music kicks in... if you think thats the same as simply streaming a playlist over the entire experience then I dont know what to tell you. But, please stop mentioning NBA2K5 as if I gave that as an example... I dont care how good or bad it was back then, I want VC/2K to reimplement the feature PERIOD.

# 80 jmood88 @ 09/04/08 10:46 PM
I play nfl2k5 all the time. I bring up nba2k5 because nba2k9 is an nba game and the last time the arena soundtrack stuff was in the nba game it was horrible.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.