Home
News Post

A user from the 2K Sports forums, that goes by the name ITALYN, has posted some detailed information on NBA 2K9. The information is from the back of the retail box cover.

Quote:
  • Living Rosters - You'll bever be late on a trade again. Automatic updates by the hour guarantee you`re playing with the most current roster and the hottest starters.
  • 2KHD - Breathtaking action in full HD Resolution brings you radically improved facial tectures and eye movement, true-to-life crowd reactions and celebration sequences, and much more.
  • Styles Upon Styles - New signiture defence styles and more signiture shots, dunks and free throws give you EVEN MORE distinctive player styles.
  • Team 2k - Prove your one of the 10 best online players to earn a spot in the hall of fame, recieve limited edition memorabilia, and get your name in next year's game.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Chi Dynasty12 @ 09/04/08 11:11 PM
The question is, when do the updates stop?

Also, is that legit because there were about 4 typos in it...hmm

# 82 Pared @ 09/04/08 11:14 PM
Updates will most likely stop once the season (including playoffs) is over.

# 83 The 24th Letter @ 09/04/08 11:28 PM
LOL when I said I would GLADLY eat crow, I meant GLADLY...dude, I love this feature...I just didnt think it was legit..

But I see a certain person is still refusing to do so!

# 84 Juice Malone @ 09/05/08 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I remember NBA2k on the dreamcast promoting and promising that:

- "if the boston celtics decide to shave their heads, we'll have it via roster updates"

-"if boston decides to all wear white headbands for some games, we'll add it in via roster updates"

-"if the kings decide to wear black shoes with black socks for home games, we'll add in there via roster updates"

-"if so and so changes hair styles, we'll have an update for ya".

It's been almost 10 years and we have never gotten any of that. I guess atleast now, they arent PROMISING facial and graphical updates or changes, but text and menu based movements. so they really arent promising outrageous stuff like years ago

But if the 2k series wanted to do it big time, they would offer those graphical changes to us. Dirk decides to shave his head... boom.. its in the games updated roster file. they spent months adding nashs wavy hair only for him to shave it... thats the next step.

-facial and accersory based updates ( if Jermaine Oneal builds a trend with 7-10 games into the season where he always has a certain colored headband, fix that up for us. make a new default)

Man I dont give a **** if cat has a certain colored sweat band or how thick his braids are. As long as they look like they did in real life at some point and dont look like a horror movie (monta ellis in 2k8) im good.

I want them to focus on things that actually effect the game with these hourly updates. Like letting us play with D League players that get called up for one night, getting updated injuries to us quickly (if someone breaks their leg in 3 places during a game at 8pm they will not be healthy when i load up my game later that night), giving us those blockbuster trades that same night, etc.

But until they prove that they will give us updated tendencies and ratings for EVERY player its trash compared to Live's 365 DNA.

# 85 Tha_Kid @ 09/05/08 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice Malone
But until they prove that they will give us updated tendencies and ratings for EVERY player its trash compared to Live's 365 DNA.
x2

we'll know in a weeks time anyway, nhl is out next week.

# 86 Furq @ 09/05/08 01:18 AM
The box looks real enough to me

How disappointing would it be if it really was false info though? Probably not a huge deal especially as we aren't even fully sure what it means yet but have to imagine 2k wouldn't be very happy about this leaking if it isn't true

# 87 cocobee @ 09/05/08 10:12 AM
Nice features, so if Shaq takes 2 dumps within an hour, the next update he'll be 10 pounds lighter?

# 88 btow3 @ 09/06/08 02:17 AM
Seems fake. The cover is made up of the only images of the game seen by the public. It's definitely not the one that will hit stores on October 7th.

# 89 syk_skillz @ 09/06/08 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btow3
Seems fake. The cover is made up of the only images of the game seen by the public. It's definitely not the one that will hit stores on October 7th.
It almost always is with their games.

# 90 FUBLU @ 09/17/08 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I hear ya. I used to buy the USA Today so I could update!
4-Shiggady!
I use 2 do the same thang! Everything from the Houston Chronical, Dallas Morning News, Shreveport Times, USA Today, Sports Center, etc.
I remember when they showed on the back of the games where you could download the rosters via download and didn't even know what the Hell they were talkin about!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.