Home
News Post

The NBA Live 09 demo has been released, please download it and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
u mean replay the last play u made? u can the replay camera is at the bottom of the screen
That's what I meant when I said the "LT replay". The Instant Replay I meant is when you pause it and it has Instant Replay greyed out. It was selectable last year because I remember filming some cool moves of LeBron

# 122 bigeastbumrush @ 09/04/08 03:07 PM
Whew!! There's some sweet animations in this game.

I just ran a baseline pick and roll with Pierce and KG and when KG took the jumper, Odom hit him. He fell to the ground and the shot went in. It was so realistic looking. I'm liking the animations when you get hit while shooting.

And yeah Dak, I saw a couple games ago Pau take a flop in the post. I was like What? because I didn't even back down that hard.

One thing that I don't like (forgot to mention) are the jumpballs. The angle is so weird. I haven't won one jumpball yet.

Stiffness on human block shot attempts are definately in the game unfortunately.

# 123 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cro_2pac
Anybody???
Chill out, you asked not even 10 minutes ago. There's only been one response to the thread since then.

Read through the thread, nobody knows when the PSN version will come out.

# 124 Bornindamecca @ 09/04/08 03:15 PM
It's decent. Definitely Live's best effort to date. They still have to work on the passing, and the sluggish response has been well documented, but it's not a bad game. I'd have to see the final before giving it a grade, but it's alright.

Is there a triple threat in this game?

# 125 bigeastbumrush @ 09/04/08 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Is there a triple threat in this game?
When you catch the ball, before you dribble, just start working the Right Stick.

# 126 Bornindamecca @ 09/04/08 03:20 PM
Thanks, Bigeast. That should open up the isolations for me.

# 127 rockchisler @ 09/04/08 03:31 PM
can u shoot the ball off the glass?

# 128 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/08 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
When you catch the ball, before you dribble, just start working the Right Stick.
Are the controls basically the same a Live 08? More specifically, I want to ensure that this move is in:

*Face up (regular triple threat stance)* (this is the one that I'm mostly wondering about)
Tap up on RS to turn your back to your man
Move RS left or right to shoulder fake then explode when you move LS towards hoop

You can explode out of that move and it's basically my favorite part of Live 08 because it looks so damn nice. Is that still in there? Those shoulder fakes were glorious with KG on the elbow, even in Live 08...

# 129 Da_Czar @ 09/04/08 03:42 PM
If you just want to keep playing without going into the gym just do a quit--restart before the game ends and it takes youi right back to the tip.

# 130 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/04/08 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaImmaculateONe
Is there a invisible force field around the backboard that doesnt allow the ball to touch it unless it goes over
?

# 131 RUFFNREADY @ 09/04/08 03:50 PM
Downloading it now, for both systems... can't wait.

# 132 the_future420 @ 09/04/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
If it took the NBA Live 09 demo to make you post for the first time in 4 years, I hope you enjoy it too.

# 133 Pared @ 09/04/08 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Are the controls basically the same a Live 08? More specifically, I want to ensure that this move is in:

*Face up (regular triple threat stance)* (this is the one that I'm mostly wondering about)
Tap up on RS to turn your back to your man
Move RS left or right to shoulder fake then explode when you move LS towards hoop

You can explode out of that move and it's basically my favorite part of Live 08 because it looks so damn nice. Is that still in there? Those shoulder fakes were glorious with KG on the elbow, even in Live 08...
That was in there in the build I played.

Technically it's not "Up" but "away" from the hoop you hold the RS.

# 134 Gmoney2002 @ 09/04/08 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
If you just want to keep playing without going into the gym just do a quit--restart before the game ends and it takes youi right back to the tip.
Thanks Czar, just got the demo and played two games and wanted to go right back to another game.

Couple quick hits:

Positives:
- Player models, look great, still would like to see a better distinction between bulky and slim players. Everyone looks skinny to me.

- The Presentation is really welly done. From the crowd noise to the commentary.

- The Lock down D looks great. It's fun guessing which way the A.I is gonna turn off your contatct. Actually the contact animations while dribbling in general are very well done. S

Negatives:

- KDRE, IMO there DOES NOT seem to be a clear indication of when the ball should be released on a jumper. Whether you let go of the shot button early or late it's the same release.

- Dissapointed in the lack of ball-net interaction. It's either a swish or a clank. Not much variation

- Although the animations have improved, they're still jurky and somewhat stiff. Simple things like accellerating past midcourt does not look fluid to me. Even when running a fastbreak. I'll pass the ball ahead to the player trailing towards the basket and once he's received the ball the transition animation between catching the ball and dribblig ahead is very robotic.

Overall it's looking good. Hopefully the final build will be much smoother.

# 135 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 04:02 PM
Clicking the RS in seems to do it for me for engaging in the post.

# 136 bateman11 @ 09/04/08 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
its not up on psn store tho

# 137 Stumbleweed @ 09/04/08 04:04 PM
Hmm, it's always been tap up on RS for me from the triple threat.. thought that was the whole point of having the RS moves be absolute rather than be basket-relative like 2K's are.

But in any case, thanks for the confirmation -- I love using that little shoulder move and I'm sure it looks even better this year. Agh, stupid work, I hate you so much.

# 138 the_future420 @ 09/04/08 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Agh, stupid work, I hate you so much.
This.

I'm ready to blow this popsicle stand (cubicle) and play some Live 09.

How big is the download? Did it download relatively quick? Some games (NCAA 09) took me forever to DL while others (Madden 09) went quick.

Thanks for all the impressions guys.

# 139 Gmoney2002 @ 09/04/08 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
This.

I'm ready to blow this popsicle stand (cubicle) and play some Live 09.

How big is the download? Did it download relatively quick? Some games (NCAA 09) took me forever to DL while others (Madden 09) went quick.

Thanks for all the impressions guys.
Download is about 700mb Future...

# 140 23 @ 09/04/08 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
Thanks Czar, just got the demo and played two games and wanted to go right back to another game.

Couple quick hits:

Positives:
- Player models, look great, still would like to see a better distinction between bulky and slim players. Everyone looks skinny to me.

- The Presentation is really welly done. From the crowd noise to the commentary.

- The Lock down D looks great. It's fun guessing which way the A.I is gonna turn off your contatct. Actually the contact animations while dribbling in general are very well done.

Negatives:

- KDRE, IMO there DOES NOT seem to be a clear indication of when the ball should be released on a jumper. Whether you let go of the shot button early or late it's the same release.

- Dissapointed in the lack of ball-net interaction. It's either a swish or a clank. Not much variation

- Although the animations have improved, they're still jurky and somewhat stiff. Simple things like accellerating past midcourt does not look fluid to me. Even when running a fastbreak. I'll pass the ball ahead to the player trailing towards the basket and once he's received the ball the transition animation between catching the ball and dribblig ahead is very robotic.

Overall it's looking good. Hopefully the final build will be much smoother.

Point #1

Point #2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.