Home
News Post

The NBA Live 09 demo has been released, please download it and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 MustangMan @ 09/04/08 04:19 PM
Can you download on Xbox Live without a special membership? Thanks in advance.

# 142 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 04:22 PM
I seen it mentioned earlier in this thread, but what in the world is up with the skipping audio?

# 143 Pared @ 09/04/08 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Hmm, it's always been tap up on RS for me from the triple threat.. thought that was the whole point of having the RS moves be absolute rather than be basket-relative like 2K's are.

But in any case, thanks for the confirmation -- I love using that little shoulder move and I'm sure it looks even better this year. Agh, stupid work, I hate you so much.
Bah, you may be right. Either way, it was there.

You still haven't donated yet?

# 144 rockchisler @ 09/04/08 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan
Can you download on Xbox Live without a special membership? Thanks in advance.
u need xbox live gold

# 145 Bornindamecca @ 09/04/08 04:26 PM
Gmoney's impressions are spot on exact.

# 146 jewelz1132 @ 09/04/08 04:38 PM
I'm mad happy this demo out..I'ma go download it now lol

# 147 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 04:41 PM
By the way, I REALLY hate the layup animations where the player turns around and takes off running on D before it even hits the rim. Gives you ZERO chance of getting an offensive rebound.

# 148 Gmoney2002 @ 09/04/08 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Gmoney's impressions are spot on exact.
Thanks Bornindamecca. Are you guys finding the dribble moves difficult to pull off? all I can do is the simple crossover.

Mind you it seems if you're Kobe(I'm assuming all high rated ball handlers as well), its enough to get pass the defender...

# 149 Artman22 @ 09/04/08 04:44 PM
[quote=Bornindamecca;2038674640]It's decent. Definitely Live's best effort to date. They still have to work on the passing, and the sluggish response has been well documented, but it's not a bad game. I'd have to see the final before giving it a grade, but it's alright.

This is the same way i feel. It's decent. I dont really see myself buying live this year. I still feel they need to make the game more smoother. The graphics look good, But 2k has the gameplay.

# 150 Bornindamecca @ 09/04/08 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
By the way, I REALLY hate the layup animations where the player turns around and takes off running on D before it even hits the rim. Gives you ZERO chance of getting an offensive rebound.
Speaking of animations I hate...

When the opponent catches a pass and faces up to shoot, your player will do a quick "ready" hitch animation, as if to get ready to block it. It freezes you out of responding with a shot block animation on time. Also, there are times where I'm pressing the block button extremely early and not pressing turbo, yet the player feels the need to take a step or two before going up to block.

The disappointing thing is I thought EA would have more branching animations in this game. I still want momentum, but it doesn't feel like I can break anything.

# 151 Bornindamecca @ 09/04/08 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
Thanks Bornindamecca. Are you guys finding the dribble moves difficult to pull off? all I can do is the simple crossover.

Mind you it seems if you're Kobe(I'm assuming all high rated ball handlers as well), its enough to get pass the defender...
I would call them weird more than hard. The issue for me with the QSA is that they don't seem to really change direction. When I go to do the cross over he just starts animating. The triple threat is handled very effectively, and it's a good way to start. Right now I can do the in&out(not effective yet), the step back/behind the back pause dribble(effective) and the hesitation/cross option(weird). Aside from the triple threat, none of the dribble moves seem as effective as just running past your man when he's out of position.

# 152 Pared @ 09/04/08 04:59 PM
Quote:
I would call them weird more than hard. The issue for me with the QSA is that they don't seem to really change direction. When I go to do the cross over he just starts animating. The triple threat is handled very effectively, and it's a good way to start. Right now I can do the in&out(not effective yet), the step back/behind the back pause dribble(effective) and the hesitation/cross option(weird). Aside from the triple threat, none of the dribble moves seem as effective as just running past your man when he's out of position.
I'm guessing this wasn't changed.

It's more of a timing thing... you know how in 2k, you have to chain your moves with the proper timing? Same thing here.

The system isn't queued and it's not 100% responsive. But if you get the timing down, you can really get some sick moves out. One guy pretty much had the timing down in the Community Day, I on the other hand, was horribly off.

# 153 Gmoney2002 @ 09/04/08 05:00 PM
Quote:
Yea I guess i'll stick with the Triple threat moves as well and hope that I can get a handle on the QSA's. I haven't been able to pull of the behind the back pause dribble though...

# 154 clivo1050 @ 09/04/08 05:01 PM
I'm a diehard nba2k fan, but live is looking great this year. Last year's game I thought was actually pretty decent but couldn't play it more than once at a time. This year it plays MUCH tighter and with some really great animations mixed in with some of the old jerkiness, but players animate very well overall. They added many small breakout animations which help the flow tremendously.

I made an amazing one handed hanging scoop shot with kobe as the buzzer sounded, sickest move i've seen in a bball game.

I've always liked the dribbling with the right stick and you can actually get separation from defender unlike in 2k. Post game is top notch and I thought 2k8 had a solid post game.

The pick and roll mechanic is pretty sweet and such an integral part of real life basketball, i hope 2k can fix this from last yr's game.

# 155 nickckkw @ 09/04/08 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
So... about that post by Beluba....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038671410

Hmm..
When will the demo be out for ps3?

# 156 PuntNL @ 09/04/08 05:04 PM
No demo on PSN this week... We have to wait for at least one more week.. that s*cks..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...ore-update-50/

# 157 JRdaTruth @ 09/04/08 05:06 PM
dang sony!

# 158 bateman11 @ 09/04/08 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntNL
No demo on PSN this week... We have to wait for at least one more week.. that s*cks..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...ore-update-50/
gosh damnit. IM PISSED.

# 159 PuntNL @ 09/04/08 05:07 PM
Unbelievable, is it so hard to just screen a demo and get it up ASAP....

# 160 DakkoN @ 09/04/08 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickckkw
When will the demo be out for ps3?
Let me look into my crystal ball.

It says "Read through this thread because that question has been asked about 15 times already."

It's really getting irritating. We don't know when the demo is coming out for PS3. Stop asking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.