Home
News Post

Check out NBA 2K9 teaser #3.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Goffs @ 09/05/08 01:20 AM
hey momentous! one question about this teaser...Garnett missed the shot didnt he!! the shot looked short at the end....

# 82 Jonesy @ 09/05/08 02:47 AM
I can see that people are overreacting etc and i see why that is funny but i still don't understant why "dude don't you realise 2k sports always does this every year" is a legitimate excuse to make it all seem ok?

Surely if you are doing something to pi$$ people off so much (your loyal customers no less) year after year you would think you would try to take steps to remedy the situation, not make it worse.

At the end of the day the customer is always right and maybe this is a large reason as to why 2k sports is such a small company and EA sports is such a massive, powerful conglomerate. Say what you want about about EA and their products but they at least know how to sell their product to the masses imo.

# 83 RubenDouglas @ 09/05/08 04:01 AM
I can see it now. everyone gravitating back towards this game over time, especially when new stuff really comes out.

I do agree this does not help with branching out for new fans. The word of mouth SPREAD that has occurred over the years can only get you so far with the gap between the two games closing down. 2k sports shouldve secured hundreds of thousands of new fans when live was on its downswing with just revolutionary marketing

# 84 Fabric @ 09/05/08 04:34 AM
I don't want to comment on the the 2k marketing department, nor whether the teaser is good or bad. Why? Because at this point I don't really care! I just want some concrete info on Association 2.0 and if the CAP feature has been improved

However, what I did notice in the teaser (as well as in 1 and 2):

* The faces seem much improved, as well as skin textures and the player models

* The accessories have been improved, but still look a bit off (like KG's underarm band looks painted on at times and Josh Smith's headband looks too "chunky")

* The holes in the jersey numbers, logos and names are gone compared to the early screenshots (as was to be expected)

* It really looks like there will be banging in the post with players fighting for position

* The refs look the same and the crowd really has been improved considerably

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.