Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 teaser video #4 is online. Check it out!

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DC @ 09/08/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Never had an issue with easy dunks in traffic. Using the sliders did a great job in fix issues like that.
But there were no slider adjustments that could prevent Anderson Varejoa from dunking on a whole front line because the game doesn't recognize defense when defending standing dunks (2K8)

# 62 Bornindamecca @ 09/08/08 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
But there were no slider adjustments that could prevent Anderson Varejoa from dunking on a whole front line because the game doesn't recognize defense when defending standing dunks (2K8)
I do hate that. It makes certain offensive rebounding situations a guaranteed bucket. Should be a foul situation most of the time. We should also have a quick Mikan drill type animation to beat the defense with after a rebound. Drawback should be that it's an easy block.

# 63 Pared @ 09/08/08 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
If 2k is held to a higher standard, it's because it has been the highest standard in bball gaming. That's just natural.
And people are willing to jump ship to a less developed product because of it.

Call me crazy, but I don't see how that's natural. Call it what you will. It's borderline unfair as I see a double standard that continues to echo throughout the forum.

2k is out to please the purists but they've proven time and time again they're a fickle bunch who aren't easy to please. Other companies are trying to please everyone and winning fans in the process.

It's pretty ironic if you take a step back and look at the big picture.

# 64 NINJAK2 @ 09/08/08 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If that's the case, are you not going to play any basketball game at all this year?

All three games have their oddities... I don't see why it seems like 2k is being held to a higher standard, IMO.

2K has always been held to a higher standard around here Pared. 2k has to be the perfect sim and Live only has to improve on their previous effort to get some props.

What did you mean by your previous post when you said waaaaaaaaaalllk and the phrase it's coming? Will there be traveling in 2k9 other than traveling committed by not releasing the ball on a shot attempt? Am I just off base with my post?

# 65 videobastard @ 09/08/08 04:04 PM
Quote:
If that's the case, are you not going to play any basketball game at all this year?

All three games have their oddities... I don't see why it seems like 2k is being held to a higher standard, IMO.
I ended up trading my nba 2k8 because of the nagging issues. The live series we all know needed a lot of work...so we know whats going on there they are playing catch up. But with the 2k series we have known them to have the better product. With NBA being their main sports game with football gone im just expecting more from 2k man. Im hoping the final build will be a gem. I will play the games regardless but instead of a purchase it could be a rental depending on how the gameplay is.

# 66 Bornindamecca @ 09/08/08 04:04 PM
Quote:
And people are willing to jump ship to a less developed product because of it.

Call me crazy, but I don't see how that's natural. Call it what you will. It's borderline unfair as I see a double standard that continues to echo throughout the forum.

2k is out to please the purists but they've proven time and time again they're a fickle bunch who aren't easy to please. Other companies are trying to please everyone and winning fans in the process.
I think that bit about jumping ship is all talk. I don't personally know anyone who purchased NBA Live and didn't purchase 2k. Regardless, I'm not talking about people who are saying they'll get Live instead of 2k. I'm saying it's natural to expect Live to be between a 6 and 7.5, and to expect 2k to be between an 8 and a 10. From there, it's natural to discuss the two games within that context.

I'm not talking about buying a mediocre game instead of a great game. That's ridiculous to me. The logic is that "I'd rather have something new than the same old thing with the same old problems". In a very small way, I kind of understand, because if you feel that the sequel is still the same you can just pop in last year's game whenever you want the feeling of that franchise.

Quote:

It's pretty ironic if you take a step back and look at the big picture.
I could be wrong, but I think 2k has actually been gaining ground the last couple of years. That whole "best reviewed basketball game" bit seems to be working out for them. Most people I meet seem to know that it's the better game. I remember when most people only knew about Live.

# 67 DC @ 09/08/08 04:08 PM
Pared all people are asking for is a SIM Lobby. I don't think that is much to ask for. With preset NON-DEFAULT sliders that is targerted for sim play. Simple request.

# 68 Rebel_INS @ 09/08/08 04:10 PM
U know what!? And I don't mean this 2 be offensive...just real...

U guys are spoiled brats!

IT'S A DAMN VIDEO GAME 4 CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

It's the best one out and ya'll want it 2 be so realistic that it saps all the fun out of the game!

Maybe I'm more appreciative cause I know what it is 2 play Double Dribble and can acknowledge the huge strides made and still being made in sports titles.

A lot of u guys need 2 chill out...seriously

# 69 DC @ 09/08/08 04:18 PM
What makes you think a game being very realistic isn't fun to US?

It isn't "sapping" the fun out of it for us by ANY stretch.

It didn't know there was a sliding scale; Realism vs Fun

# 70 Bornindamecca @ 09/08/08 04:22 PM
Quote:
What makes you think a game being very realistic isn't fun to US?

It isn't "sapping" the fun out of it for us by ANY stretch.

It didn't know there was a sliding scale; Realism vs Fun
Yeah, I thought this was about loving the organized game of basketball. There is nothing wrong with trying to get closer to the real life game. For me at least, the ideal is to have real life knowledge of bball translate directly to video game success. Same way Rock Band is easier for real drummers and singers.

# 71 Rebel_INS @ 09/08/08 04:26 PM
Whateva man...it was an open statement from me just calling it how I see it...not trying 2 debate it...

Just saying...reading this board @ times it seems like listening 2 a knitting group of women all on their periods

Don't take that personal...like I said, just calling it how I see it...

Dudes really need 2 learn how 2 be easy...

I don't stress sh*t I can't control but hey...that's just my philosophy...

Random drop...this is bananas!

# 72 bizcanos @ 09/08/08 04:27 PM
It's a trailer. Ok for what it was. Not changing my opnion at all.

These kind of dunks have been in 2K since I can remember and all of a sudden it's a problem and this game is not sim. I have to question if people who post here really have been playing this game over the years. It seems so many talk about this like it's something new to the series.

2 years ago Live was unplayable while 2k has gotten better each version. So if you want to switch games because Rose’s hands don’t touch the rim or he dunks over Wallace then go ahead. Jump on the bandwagon.

Does a company’s track record mean anything here? 2k deserves more respect. Dissing a game from a trailer, I guess.

Trailer are just that trailers. Gameplay is what matters most and 2k has been the better game the past few years. This year it looks like it will be a good battle between 2k and Live. Let the gameplay speak not a trailer.

# 73 Pared @ 09/08/08 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
2K has always been held to a higher standard around here Pared. 2k has to be the perfect sim and Live only has to improve on their previous effort to get some props.

What did you mean by your previous post when you said waaaaaaaaaalllk and the phrase it's coming? Will there be traveling in 2k9 other than traveling committed by not releasing the ball on a shot attempt? Am I just off base with my post?
I mean Rose traveled in the trailer. Just a joke...
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
I ended up trading my nba 2k8 because of the nagging issues. The live series we all know needed a lot of work...so we know whats going on there they are playing catch up. But with the 2k series we have known them to have the better product. With NBA being their main sports game with football gone im just expecting more from 2k man. Im hoping the final build will be a gem. I will play the games regardless but instead of a purchase it could be a rental depending on how the gameplay is.
I'm glad you're not taking offense to my comment b/c I just want to understand where you're coming from.

Compared to everything that's out there, if 2k9 is still the better game would you seriously jump ship if the things you're expecting to be fixed aren't? Even if it is the better game overall?

Quote:
In a very small way, I kind of understand, because if you feel that the sequel is still the same you can just pop in last year's game whenever you want the feeling of that franchise.
Ok, I can understand that.

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I think 2k has actually been gaining ground the last couple of years. That whole "best reviewed basketball game" bit seems to be working out for them. Most people I meet seem to know that it's the better game. I remember when most people only knew about Live.
They have but the talk is every year "If 2k didn't fix so and so, I'm not going to buy it" by some people... I just never understood the mindset. Last year it was the armbands. Not trying to trivialize it, just explain my point.

Quote:
Pared all people are asking for is a SIM Lobby. I don't think that is much to ask for. With preset NON-DEFAULT sliders that is targerted for sim play. Simple request.
But that's just it... you'll feel the lobby isn't sim enough... others won't agree... I don't think they can win even if they do that. Then it's "there aren't enough fouls."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
U know what!? And I don't mean this 2 be offensive...just real...

U guys are spoiled brats!

IT'S A DAMN VIDEO GAME 4 CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

It's the best one out and ya'll want it 2 be so realistic that it saps all the fun out of the game!

Maybe I'm more appreciative cause I know what it is 2 play Double Dribble and can acknowledge the huge strides made and still being made in sports titles.

A lot of u guys need 2 chill out...seriously
I sometimes wonder this as well. Maybe I'm just getting old?

Sorry for the long post.. makes more sense than replying 5 different times.

# 74 Rebel_INS @ 09/08/08 04:28 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I thought this was about loving the organized game of basketball. There is nothing wrong with trying to get closer to the real life game. For me at least, the ideal is to have real life knowledge of bball translate directly to video game success. Same way Rock Band is easier for real drummers and singers.
I've only played that like 3 times and sucked all 3 lol

I don't know HOW people play that game effectively on the harder levels!

# 75 DC @ 09/08/08 04:29 PM
Quote:
Great point man

# 76 XenoZograscope @ 09/08/08 04:39 PM
I definitely like what im seeing, the games seems to feel more realistic from watching that vid. The muscle anatomy looks real good and very detailed especially the tibialis anterior.

# 77 Bornindamecca @ 09/08/08 04:39 PM
Quote:
They have but the talk is every year "If 2k didn't fix so and so, I'm not going to buy it" by some people... I just never understood the mindset. Last year it was the armbands. Not trying to trivialize it, just explain my point.
Love of videogames isn't unconditional. It's based on the condition that "if you continue to bust hump and put out a quality product I will continue to support you with my time and money". We all agree on that, we just don't agree on the specific definition of quality. For some it's graphics, for some it's gameplay, others realism etc.

Quote:
But that's just it... you'll feel the lobby isn't sim enough... others won't agree... I don't think they can win even if they do that. Then it's "there aren't enough fouls."
I think that's a little cynical, but almost not cynical enough. You know people like it if they buy the game, play the game and don't return it after a few weeks. A lack of bitching isn't appreciation, it's an active consumer base. As long as it's tempered with a positive vocal community, it's a good thing. If people truly didn't feel it was sim enough, they'd respond with apathy, not nitpicks.

Just ask NBA 09.

# 78 DC @ 09/08/08 04:43 PM
Yea and I also agree that people need to cut out the pointless threats that they will buy Live. Yea you might buy Live (and return it) but you will also buy 2K (and keep it).

I definitely would never go that far even though 2K is makin it hard for a man to not crave for info.

# 79 Bornindamecca @ 09/08/08 04:47 PM
Quote:
Yea and I also agree that people need to cut out the pointless threats that they will buy Live. Yea you might buy Live (and return it) but you will also buy 2K (and keep it).

I definitely would never go that far even though 2K is makin it hard for a man to not crave for info.
That's just people talking ****. I hate people talking ****. It takes a lot for me not to hold people to their own **** talking words, and the few times I succeed in restraining myself, it's just because I know that only causes them to talk more **** in the end. I'm trying to ignore the **** talking and look at the issues: footplanting looked good, cross looked tight, dunk in traffic looked terrible, give us a SIM lobby, thanks for all the hard work.

That Live talk is just **** talking though.

# 80 aholbert32 @ 09/08/08 04:48 PM
Quote:

I'm sorry I never had that issue but I'm not as neurotic and nitpicky as the average OSer.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.