Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 teaser video #4 is online. Check it out!

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Rebel_INS @ 09/08/08 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Yeah 2K, why can't you get it right like all the other B-ball games did?

How quickly people 4get Teaser #2

Out of sight out of mind I suppose...

# 122 rebe1 @ 09/08/08 10:27 PM
And what was wrong with last year's game?

People and their damn empty threats... seriously, if playing the demo didn't get you back playing 2k8 again, you should just get the other game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datniggabstyle
I really dont see anything different from this than Last years game. Im really dissapointed with this. One thing I would like to see implemented is guys going to the ground on lay ups and shot attempts. They have it in Live 09 and it gives the game added realism. It was dope to see a guy do a reverse lay up and end up sliding on his back ala Dwayne Wade or a guy shoot a turn around fade away jumper and fall on his but ala Kobe Bryant.

I would like to see more player movement and momentum on shots, Live is going to be a problem this year. I havent purchased it in 4 years, but if 2k doesnt get their act together i might have to go back. Im feeling the demo.

# 123 23 @ 09/08/08 10:45 PM
Its a teaser video, although I think its kinda late in the game for teasers

I dont understand the extra excitement myself

The effects were very nice but it didnt look too much different than 2k8 in what he did. That dunk is definitely a 2k8 dunk but thats not what looked weird

What looked weird was the fact that right before he dunked it, it looked like he was about to get hung on the rim, then he just appeared over the top of the rim for the dunk.

While people are focusing on Ben Wallace, that stood out to me more than anything about that part

mc does a great job on those dribble mvoes though, he's the best.

Im glad that this is the last teaser because i could care less for them at this point, it seems so purposeless right now... I want to see the game and how it plays

# 124 vaballer34 @ 09/08/08 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
im just glad that this is the last of the teasers...which means we should be getting actual gameplay soon

I co-sign that. Now that all the teasing is done I'm hoping for actual gameplay vids and a demo very soon

# 125 Ijeswannaknow @ 09/08/08 11:41 PM
MAN, I jes wanna know when is the demo for 2k9 coming to 360?...i mean come on now... nba live 09 got there demo out there...us 2k fans are hungry!!! OS let us know!!!

# 126 orrkl2002 @ 09/08/08 11:52 PM
It has been said time and time again by the devs everytime a teaser is released, these trailers are made from an older build of the game. So get you a dose of 2k for now and move on until we get some up to date info.

It is pretty evident that 2k is content with their current fan base, so trying to appeal to the masses by showing info and media from a 20% done build in June is not 2k's style and with the lack of gimmicky features, it would easily put the competition in the drivers seat when it come marketabilty. So they play it cool while the competition plays all of its cards early so that once the oohs and ahhs wear off, 2k comes in and takes the spotlight right before the release dates of both games. This way they please their committed hardcore audience and pick up the stragglers that are tired of being deceived year in and year out by the product of their choice and want something new.

BTW alot of the Arcade based gamers are getting older now and would like to see a more challenging and realistic product. If you think about it, it is actually the same phase the majority of us went through to become 2k fans and break away from the flash and broken promises of the competition. Sorry for the long dialogue but I felt this needed to be said even though I know there are still going to be complaints and whining, but im pretty sure we'll be satisfied with 2k9 until next summer when Live starts to put out media of Live 2010 around mid June.

# 127 Tha_Kid @ 09/09/08 12:35 AM
???

It says teaser IV out of V.

# 128 Jano @ 09/09/08 01:16 AM
Nope it says IV out of IV this was the last teaser vid.

# 129 Tha_Kid @ 09/09/08 01:48 AM
yep, guess i shouldve watched it more than once.

# 130 Jano @ 09/09/08 02:01 AM
There wasn't much to really analyze in the video so I can see why you didn't watch more than once.

# 131 Gohard4me @ 09/09/08 05:02 AM
Why are most of you complaining, knowing that when the 7th of October is here you'll be picking up a pre-order or standing in a line. Hands not grabing the rim or a player not being affected by contact is in all of the 2k hoops but we all buy it and love it. Look at it this way its going to beat the comp and it might be the last year for the game and then you'll have more understandable gripes

# 132 DakkoN @ 09/09/08 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijeswannaknow
MAN, I jes wanna know when is the demo for 2k9 coming to 360?...i mean come on now... nba live 09 got there demo out there...us 2k fans are hungry!!! OS let us know!!!
Why would OS know the release date of the demo? It's not been announced yet when it should be out.

# 133 ZephyrSong @ 09/09/08 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohard4me
Why are most of you complaining, knowing that when the 7th of October is here you'll be picking up a pre-order or standing in a line. Hands not grabing the rim or a player not being affected by contact is in all of the 2k hoops but we all buy it and love it. Look at it this way its going to beat the comp and it might be the last year for the game and then you'll have more understandable gripes
FOr a person without a single post, this is a good first post. I'm kinda allergic to those people who have like 3-10 posts and troll or post that they have info because their relative works there.

# 134 timotim19 @ 09/09/08 07:47 AM
Im just glad these damn things are over and they start to move on to more meatier info and coverage... so in that respect, this has been the absolute best one.

# 135 orrkl2002 @ 09/09/08 08:34 AM
LOL @ KDre-OS locking my thread because he feels "it wasnt that good"... maybe I need to be MMChris or chaseB to be able to voice my opinion on this public thread.SMDH..

# 136 Behindshadows @ 09/09/08 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocafella83
Man forget all these dudes talking they BS at the end of the day the 4 teaser that 2k9 has look better than the NBA Live 09 DEMO!!. They're gonna see how broken NBA Live is and then they will run to NBA 2k9.
Seriously what is the point of making this another Live vs 2k thread.

The teaser was whack, and has nothing to do with the competitor. I think
for what visual concepts has to work with as far as graphics engine, etc.

The game is looking pretty good. No need to begin the flame war again.

I swear people lately feel like its a crime for people to like more than one
game every damn year. Enough of that crap. Grow up already, I've seen half the 2ksports
forum people come over here and turn OS into a ring of fanboyism and other crap.

Enough is enough, people will like what they like, and hate what they hate. If you don't
like Live 09 then fine keep it to yourself. If you love 2ksports so much marry them.

But seriously stop trying to seperate gamers with idiotic statements. Its a freakin video
game. I see EA and 2k both coming with good games, and both will have something to offer this
season. And both games will also have their faults.

But lately people feel like its just a disgrace for you to own two basketball games and
to love them for what they are. It's called diversity, learn to establish some it might open
your eyes to what's missing. EA games looks to offer a lot of excitement. 2k based off history.

And Live based off efforts to re-establish its name in a positive gesture. I swear people hate
just to hate, and I'm tired of it. Seriously grow up, gain some maturity this is a business
and I'm sure neither group is releasing crap. 2k looks to improve its visuals and tweak what
they can in gameplay. Live looks to change it's game overall to re-establish lost fans and gain
new ones.

Enough of the NBA game war crap,its old and for years have put nothing but a ripple in the
industry. Now exclusive licenses are deciding for us, because of all the ignorance that begins
here. From people who can't just like what they like, without downing the competition and
putting them down.

The only real flaw with 2k is well you know already. No need to open that wound again.

The only real flaw with EA is hiring previous devs. Who didn't care (Live 07)

2k - will eventually fix their marketing strategy or pay the consequences.

EA fixed their issue and hired people who care.

Let's respect both Teams for what they have to offer and enjoy some good basketball this October
without all the separation and divide.

- Peace

# 137 DC @ 09/09/08 10:45 AM
I just say it is disrespect to your finances to buy both games

# 138 deetoman @ 09/09/08 10:55 AM

# 139 23 @ 09/09/08 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrkl2002
LOL @ KDre-OS locking my thread because he feels "it wasnt that good"... maybe I need to be MMChris or chaseB to be able to voice my opinion on this public thread.SMDH..
You obviously thought what you said was more important that what it was. Spam isn't allowed on OS

# 140 SageInfinite @ 09/09/08 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I just say it is disrespect to your finances to buy both games

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.