Home
News Post

The FIFA Soccer 09 demo is available, please post your impressions here.

FIFA Soccer 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
FIFA Soccer 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 therizing02 @ 09/12/08 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Sweet! I didn't even think to try scrolling down past the 4 or 5 on-screen options. Thanks!
Unless they changed it since the Community Day, the Slow setting is the same speed as FIFA 08.

# 82 Pared @ 09/12/08 10:32 AM
This demo was amazing. I'll be picking this up on release day.

I haven't done that for a soccer game in a few years. I used to import Winning Elevens on release day!

The control is what put it over the top for me. I may not know much about the intricacies of the sport... heck, I don't even know how to use the feints... but the game is downright responsive. That typically leads to fun for me.

# 83 foreversport @ 09/12/08 11:07 AM
Does anyone else notice that, when you make a lobbed through pass, the player receiving the ball sort of stops while it is in mid-air (it kinda feels like he is strafing because he squares up a bit)? I think it might be that he turns to look for the ball in flight, which would be realistic, it just messes up the timing a little bit.

# 84 J-Unit40 @ 09/12/08 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This demo was amazing. I'll be picking this up on release day.

I haven't done that for a soccer game in a few years. I used to import Winning Elevens on release day!

The control is what put it over the top for me. I may not know much about the intricacies of the sport... heck, I don't even know how to use the feints... but the game is downright responsive. That typically leads to fun for me.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't know soccer that well, but this game is a lot of fun for me. FIFA 08 was fun for me as well, but frustrating at the same time. This game is more polished than FIFA 08.

I will buying this game without hesitation. I'm almost glad that the '07 & '08 versions NCAA and Madden stunk because that's what opened up my eyes to this series.

# 85 ezekiel55 @ 09/12/08 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Can you do this in the demo? I sort of looked for it but didn't find the option.

If it's there, I'd really like to try it out on slow. I believe therizing said he played all or most of his games at the community event on slow speed and was quite pleased with the results. I also think he said that the ball speed/physics are not affected by the game speed setting, which is good news as it will make smart ball movement more effective in countering aggressive defending...
Unfortunately, it doesnt feel like setting the game speed to slow made any difference whatsoever....hopefully this will fixed in the final version.

# 86 Pared @ 09/12/08 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
This is exactly how I feel. I don't know soccer that well, but this game is a lot of fun for me. FIFA 08 was fun for me as well, but frustrating at the same time. This game is more polished than FIFA 08.

I will buying this game without hesitation. I'm almost glad that the '07 & '08 versions NCAA and Madden stunk because that's what opened up my eyes to this series.
lol Then we have to get some "casual user sim" games in when it releases!

# 87 Vince @ 09/12/08 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
It's still L2. If you choose to customize your controller at the beginning of the demo, you will see it under defence controls.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

In 08, if you pressed LT and RT or L2 and R2 you be in a jockey animation.
It's hard to explain...I'll try to capture a video

# 88 therizing02 @ 09/12/08 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
Unfortunately, it doesnt feel like setting the game speed to slow made any difference whatsoever....hopefully this will fixed in the final version.
I was getting ready to post the same thing. Didn't notice any difference.

# 89 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/12/08 11:56 AM
Lol i just scored a hat trick with drogba and the celebration for the robot came up. It was hilarious

# 90 Vince @ 09/12/08 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I was getting ready to post the same thing. Didn't notice any difference.
But you said you played on Slow speed when you were in Vancouver right?

# 91 Methlab @ 09/12/08 12:13 PM
I have a question : online, do you have to use manual passing? Or can you stay with assisted passing/shooting..etc? I am just wondering if practicing with everything set to manual is a waste of time and just makes the game tougher, or if you NEED to learn this skill for online play.

# 92 Pared @ 09/12/08 12:18 PM
In UEFA you could use either or.

# 93 Boreez2000 @ 09/12/08 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

In 08, if you pressed LT and RT or L2 and R2 you be in a jockey animation.
It's hard to explain...I'll try to capture a video
On the 360 pressing both triggers was the cancel button and LT was jockying. Maybe it was different on the PS3 i don't know

# 94 Vince @ 09/12/08 12:45 PM
the atmosphere in the shootout is AMAZING.

# 95 welshman11 @ 09/12/08 01:11 PM
Caught some corner netting on a curling penalty - woot

# 96 thekavorka @ 09/12/08 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversport
Does anyone else notice that, when you make a lobbed through pass, the player receiving the ball sort of stops while it is in mid-air (it kinda feels like he is strafing because he squares up a bit)? I think it might be that he turns to look for the ball in flight, which would be realistic, it just messes up the timing a little bit.
That was a problem in both Fifa 08 and Euro. Sucks they haven't fixed that.

# 97 Altohombre @ 09/12/08 02:23 PM
can you do cpu vs cpu in this years version? I like to watch games play out when I don't feel like actually playing.

# 98 foreversport @ 09/12/08 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekavorka
That was a problem in both Fifa 08 and Euro. Sucks they haven't fixed that.
I can't comment on Euro because I didn't play it but this did not happen to me as nearly as bad as it does in 09.

# 99 EWRMETS @ 09/12/08 02:46 PM
http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/ says that the game right now is even much better than the demo.

# 100 BrianFifaFan @ 09/12/08 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I have a question : online, do you have to use manual passing? Or can you stay with assisted passing/shooting..etc? I am just wondering if practicing with everything set to manual is a waste of time and just makes the game tougher, or if you NEED to learn this skill for online play.
They're going to have it where you can use either manual,assisted or auto online and then break it down where guys can find opponents who use the same settings. I thought that was really cool as I play everything but shooting manual (I use semi) It makes it kinda hard agianst the auto passing/crossing guys. I just love how much more organic the game plays on manual.......

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.