Home
News Post

We have posted our review of TNA Impact.

Quote:
"After years of being trapped in a genre monopoly, wrestling game fans thought they might have something to stand up, cheer, and perhaps even make crude posterboard signs about when TNA Impact finally released.

Midway’s TNA Impact hit store shelves recently, primed to end the long-lasting title run of Yukes’ WWE titles. Grappling gamers have been eagerly anticipating some true heavyweight competition for the Smackdown vs. Raw (SvR) series since Impact's official announcement in 2005. Unfortunately, those fans will have to wait for another game."

Game: TNA iMPACT!Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 7 - View All
TNA iMPACT! Videos
Member Comments
# 1 babythug23 @ 09/15/08 11:27 AM
To me Gamaplay is the best part. The wrestling part of the game is the best part about the game. Everything else lacks though..I like the in the ring gameplay alot better then Smackdown games. But i liked the LOW series too so.....

# 2 kbshowtime @ 09/15/08 01:40 PM
I bought it, played it, now want to return it. Its ok for a first outing by Midway but do not compare it to No Mercy or SvsR because its too short and the wrestlers lack moves. Being a wrestling fan I really wanted to get behind this game but its mediocre at best and its worth 60 bucks.

# 3 FredoXV @ 09/15/08 03:21 PM
I've found that the gameplay has a rather polarizing effect on wrestling gamers. Some really like it, others do not. I fall on the "do not" side of the fence.

I find some aspects of the gameplay almost satisfactory, but the "wrong-context" issue with the B button, and the timing requirements of all aspects quite draining on the fun factor.

Don't get me wrong, I am not bouncing off the walls about SvR's gameplay either. In terms of a wrestling game, I think it comes a lot closer to hitting the mark than iMPACT.

Long story short, I stand by my score.

# 4 SoxFan01605 @ 09/15/08 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuscleMan
4.5??? That's way harsh for a game that absolutely blows away Smackdown in gameplay.
The gameplay is beter in certain aspects than SVR, including some outstanding animations, but I don't think it "blows away" SVR by any stretch. Add in the weak (and seemingly copy and paste) movesets, the (at times) unresponsive or "misread" controls (I hate when 5 things are mapped to the same button, sorry) and the gameplay becomes exposed. I would agre 4.5 is harsh, but to be honest not by much. This game may make for a good foundation, but as it stands it's just poor.

# 5 texbuk84 @ 09/15/08 07:46 PM
tna tna tna. still the best wrestling SHOW on the planet. game really do suck though. i want to play with petey williams man damn..

# 6 jewelz1132 @ 09/15/08 08:10 PM
this game is horrible...It seems like everything that was said before the release was a complete lie lol

# 7 RaychelSnr @ 09/15/08 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
this game is horrible...It seems like everything that was said before the release was a complete lie lol
The hype for this game was really really high. This game definitely isn't the wrestling game we were expecting for sure

# 8 CaptainZombie @ 09/15/08 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuscleMan
4.5??? That's way harsh for a game that absolutely blows away Smackdown in gameplay.
No, it is not harsh. The only thing this game has going for it is the gameplay & graphics, everything else is atrocious. What good does it do for good gameplay when the AI sucks and is ultra aggressive and everything else is lacking.

# 9 JohnDoe8865 @ 09/15/08 11:30 PM
I'm a huge TNA wrestling fan, but this game is pretty horrible.

# 10 hoodlum_wu @ 09/16/08 12:30 AM
.5??? That's way harsh for a game that absolutely blows away Smackdown in gameplay.

# 11 R3BeL @ 09/16/08 12:58 AM
I got the game tonight. Played it for about two hours and even though some of the moves are repetitive, the game isn't that bad. Usually I read reviews and if the game gets a low score or bad review then I won't bother with the purchasing the game, but this time around I'm glad I didn't go by the review.

Plus I got the game for 20 bucks, so I might as well have jumped on it.

# 12 kbshowtime @ 09/16/08 02:20 AM
Not bad for 20 bucks but maybe Im alone on this but I prefer SvsR and I can't wait till the Wrestlemania game drops in the spring for WM25. I hope they add Randy Savage and Streamboat.

# 13 mgoblue @ 09/16/08 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm a huge TNA wrestling fan, but this game is pretty horrible.
Yeah, it's going back to Gamefly for me today. I really hope they get a couple more years to refine it. I think it could be better, but with the lack of moves and such a horrible season mode it's just not a good wrestling game.

# 14 babythug23 @ 09/16/08 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbshowtime
Not bad for 20 bucks but maybe Im alone on this but I prefer SvsR and I can't wait till the Wrestlemania game drops in the spring for WM25. I hope they add Randy Savage and Streamboat.
I heard Vince said they could not put Savage in there plus they had to take out Foley out

# 15 TCF @ 09/18/08 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
The hype for this game was really really high. This game definitely isn't the wrestling game we were expecting for sure
i have to agree but i also am still enjoying the game. but it definately needs to be improved.

# 16 mgoblue @ 09/18/08 01:21 PM
I saw a commercial for the game yesterday...it yelled "All the moves of TNA" and I started laughing...

# 17 Sausage @ 09/18/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
You know I think this game could have been a re-release from Pro Wrestling from the NES days and TNA fanbois would still have said it was better than SDvR.
"Pro Wrestling" is a classic Nole. Starman shoulder tackle off the ropes all day. Fighter Hayabusa brain kick. 1.2.3, its over-its over.

# 18 babythug23 @ 09/18/08 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
You know I think this game could have been a re-release from Pro Wrestling from the NES days and TNA fanbois would still have said it was better than SDvR.
Why do you have to be a fan boy if you like one game better then the other? I think the GAMEPLAY is better. I'm no TNA fan boy. I never understood that. Like with NFL2k,madden,Nba live/nba2k if you like the other game better your a fan boy? SD vs Raw has gotten so boring over the years TO ME. It has all the extra stuff but when you get in the ring its no fun the last 2 or 3 years.

# 19 babythug23 @ 09/18/08 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by withauthority
When you like a game that sucks, and is widely panned, people assume your a fanboy. Deal with it.
OH OK i guess since everyone think it sucks i suppose to agree or i'm a fan boy?

# 20 kbshowtime @ 09/19/08 03:46 PM
I guess Im alone but I still like SvsR it just like Madden and the NBA games when it comes out every year it starts to get stale.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.