Home
News Post

ESPN has posted their preview of NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"Oh yeah, did I mention the game? Last year, gamers complained about 2K8 being a tad slower than 2K7, so the developers pushed the speed back to 2K7 levels while at the same time adding even more authenticity to the way the players on the court move and react. In previous iterations of the series, there seemed to be a lot of standing around on offense due to the fact that when the user controlled the ball and didn't run the team's play correctly, the game always defaulted to running a quick isolation for the man dribbling. It was basically a robotic response to user stupidity. But these days, even if the gamer doesn't know how to run plays, the CPU teammates finally react intelligently, helping set screens (players like Rasheed will pick and pop), sending the right guy to the post, and running shooters like Ray Allen around picks, giving the game a much more organic feel as the action on the court is no longer scripted."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 sva91 @ 09/16/08 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
What did what you quoted that ehh said have anything to do with graphics? He said player size and court size.
I meant to post this pic

# 262 -DaVe- @ 09/16/08 08:01 PM
Interesting that some guy here actually thinks the live models are pretty good...

Some people are just into anorexic nba players , I guess...

# 263 sva91 @ 09/16/08 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
its not just the free flowing fabric. the jerseys as a whole seem to be redone, in a terrible new fashion. they all seem overly baggy. combine the excessive free flowingness, jerseys that are now a size too big, and the fact they dont really fit onto the players shoulders, and it can be unplesant look.

just look at my kg avatar. skinny almost skin tight jerseys on the older xbox games. just enough bulkiness.

will it affect my gameplaying or enjoyment? no. does it still matter? yes.. i say rehire the art team, no offense. theyve digressed in areas that should only see progress
I gotta disagree. I think the jerseys finally look right. Last year everyone looked like they had their mom tuck in their jersey for them. They also looked a size too small.

# 264 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 09/16/08 08:28 PM
Shaq looks pretty damn good.

# 265 Mr.Clutch_Knicks8 @ 09/16/08 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
1 Hour Ago
Blue-Lightning ******** type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1956403", true);
Super Moderator
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge
but i been here all summer... just finally decided to register
my post count is irrelevant...
right when this forum was workd up in a frenzy ready to run up in 2k offices and smack ur favorite marketing rep
2k drops some bs screens and basically just repeated all the info we already knew aside chuck hayes and everyone is eating off thier palms again.
half of the ppl were ready to buy live yesterday.
point is i will not be bamboozled!!! give me game footage or give me death

BS screens? The images on ESPN.com are taken straight from replays in-game, with the interface off, and that's it. No photoshop, no nothing. That's in-game... and maybe you remember how smooth 2K's animations are? Well, bump it up for this year. Bump it up a lot.

As for giving you videos... well... let's just say that ESPN's preview is just the tip of the iceberg. And that iceberg starts moving today.

BL

Gamertag: BlueLightningTN
Hopefully 2k comes through, maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but does he mean info before the day is over?

# 266 DakkoN @ 09/16/08 08:39 PM
Probably means the info is coming at the speed of an iceberg just like it has been all along

# 267 Bornindamecca @ 09/16/08 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

You guys can debate the artistic decisions, I will over analyze the possible scenarios of the defensive setting in this pic.

Billups has the "3" ball icon, but only 2 bars from that spot on the floor. Chalmers is playing loose lock on D, which, if I understand correctly, should be very effective in preventing Chauncy from getting all the way to the rim. So if Billups pulls from that spot right there, Mario shouldn't really be able to make an effective challenge on the J based on his current focus on stopping dribble penetration.
Chauncey isn't squared up to the basket. By the time he turns and sets to shoot, Chalmers would have time to step up and challenge.

# 268 WTF @ 09/16/08 08:41 PM
Nice play...

# 269 reptilexcq @ 09/16/08 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Chauncey isn't squared up to the basket. By the time he turns and sets to shoot, Chalmers would have time to step up and challenge.
Why would they allow you to see the defensive player's bar?? Isn't it better not the show it and make it more realistic. The user who control the defensive player should be the only one who gets to see the defensive bar.

# 270 green94 @ 09/16/08 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Probably means the info is coming at the speed of an iceberg just like it has been all along
lmao

# 271 RubenDouglas @ 09/16/08 08:48 PM
sva91, certain photos and it seems certain situations in 2k9 exaggerate the look imo. ala the spurs photo.
here:
http://www.2ksports.com/media/images...Calderon41.jpg

Its not something Id quit playing a game over. so until gameplay vids come out, this is where my focus is. casual talk over jersey size for a video game lol.

compare that with this. in the below photos finley looks normal. im calling it either as the fabric being too sensitive to movement ( its like there playing in hurricane force winds), the jerseys are a tad too big, or a small combination of both.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/40/75...39119d26_b.jpg
http://flickr.com/photos/sooner/83440049/sizes/o/
http://flickr.com/photos/vaguelyartistic/2426578811/

# 272 DakkoN @ 09/16/08 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Why would they allow you to see the defensive player's bar?? Isn't it better not the show it and make it more realistic. The user who control the defensive player should be the only one who gets to see the defensive bar.
That picture is of 2 humans playing each other. You can tell by the 2 controlled player icons under them and the lock on D icon. The user who is controlling the defensive player IS seeing it there because it's 2 humans. Come on man, are you even looking at the pictures before you respond to stuff about them?

# 273 jfsolo @ 09/16/08 08:56 PM

When I see Kobe in the background there I always think of this image.

# 274 edubbs @ 09/16/08 08:57 PM
Looks like 2K lost their Reebok liscense for the shoes. I see all guys (AI included) that wear Reeboks have on generics this year.

Not a big deal.

However, I just hope they allow the user to 'finally' be able to change the home and away shoe colors this year for each team.

# 275 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/08 09:21 PM
CSI: Operation Sports lol

they're screenshots!!

But hey, guess thats all you can do when there isnt any video...

# 276 akiracy @ 09/16/08 09:44 PM
24 Minutes Ago
2K Admin Ron ******** type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1956821", true);
Ronnie James Dio
Starter

Exclusive News: Tomorrow! The big announcement will show up on Gamespot before hitting media outlets. And before that, I wanted to let you know today to keep a lookout there tomorrow. I know some of you are wondering why that news won't hit here or why I can't release it today. If I released it today, it would ruin our exclusive with Gamespot tomorrow and obviously not do us any justice. So I am trying to reach out and let you guys know that tomorrow is the day to look. Look forward to hearing your guys reaction!

dunno if this deserved a new thread so i'll just post it here

# 277 sva91 @ 09/16/08 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
sva91, certain photos and it seems certain situations in 2k9 exaggerate the look imo. ala the spurs photo.
here:
http://www.2ksports.com/media/images...Calderon41.jpg

Its not something Id quit playing a game over. so until gameplay vids come out, this is where my focus is. casual talk over jersey size for a video game lol.

compare that with this. in the below photos finley looks normal. im calling it either as the fabric being too sensitive to movement ( its like there playing in hurricane force winds), the jerseys are a tad too big, or a small combination of both.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/40/75...39119d26_b.jpg
http://flickr.com/photos/sooner/83440049/sizes/o/
http://flickr.com/photos/vaguelyartistic/2426578811/
I would say they might be a tad too big, But also the numbers and font are too small so it makes the jersey look a little saggy. I would say its an improvemnt over last year. But, most of what Im going by are screens showing players standing still. So you might be right about the jerseys being too sensitive to moving.

BTW when is 2k gonna finally higher you to fix the courts and jerseys?? They messed up my Rockets again LOL!

# 278 i c u cant stop me @ 09/16/08 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
View First Unread

Thread Tools******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("threadtools"); Search this Thread******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("threadsearch"); Display Modes******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("displaymodes");
24 Minutes Ago

2K Admin Ron ******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1956821", true);
Ronnie James Dio
Starter

Exclusive News: Tomorrow! The big announcement will show up on Gamespot before hitting media outlets. And before that, I wanted to let you know today to keep a lookout there tomorrow. I know some of you are wondering why that news won't hit here or why I can't release it today. If I released it today, it would ruin our exclusive with Gamespot tomorrow and obviously not do us any justice. So I am trying to reach out and let you guys know that tomorrow is the day to look. Look forward to hearing your guys reaction!

dunno if this deserved a new thread so i'll just post it here
Anyone have any clue of to what this BIG news might be???

# 279 XenoZograscope @ 09/16/08 10:01 PM
I have no clue what this big announcement could be,Im curious to find out what it is though.

# 280 KofiJamal @ 09/16/08 11:37 PM
I can't wait for next month.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.